Most prolific artist

Maybe been done before, but who would you say is the most prolific band in terms of quality?

Couple of bands in my head so I will start off with suede. From that debut with all the mega b sides, dog man star (untouchable) again with b sides through to coming up. They didn't release any shit, most of the b sides from 93 to 97 could easily have been a single.

Other names that spring to mind are echo and the bunnymen for the first 5 album run and the smiths (Obviously).

10 minutes ago, Somefriendly said:

Maybe been done before, but who would you say is the most prolific band in terms of quality?

Couple of bands in my head so I will start off with suede. From that debut with all the mega b sides, dog man star (untouchable) again with b sides through to coming up. They didn't release any shit, most of the b sides from 93 to 97 could easily have been a single.

Other names that spring to mind are echo and the bunnymen for the first 5 album run and the smiths (Obviously).

christ on a bike suede !! you on the wind up ? 

The Clash "the only band that matters " but you can't dismiss the greats The Beatles , The Rolling Stones , Led Zeppelin if your talking prolific . Solo artists Bob Dylan , Neil Young . I'll throw in more modern bands like Artic Monkeys and KOL 

The bunnymen had a couple of decent hits as did The Smiths , who are over rated . Fuck me there's dozens of bands better 

Suede ffs 

Strummer makes a good point RE clash - every album was progression (not including that album), a development in sound.

Have to acknowledge ABBA, IMO. Consistently great pop albums.

Dylan threw a lot of mud and some of it stuck. 

Bowie? Suppose the criteria needs to be noted - like S Hoon/ Blind Melon made one great album before death. Does that give him a 100% success rate? 

Winehoose. Sessions 

the legendary artist\groups that had any sort of longevity all have utter garbage in their back catalogue at some period.
stones\bowie\dylan\u2\springsteen\the floyd\you name them.

even the Beatles produced some bog std stuff 

personally I’d say Hendrix.
his three albums (BoG doesn’t count) are all classics. 

46 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

the legendary artist\groups that had any sort of longevity all have utter garbage in their back catalogue at some period.
stones\bowie\dylan\u2\springsteen\the floyd\you name them.

even the Beatles produced some bog std stuff 

personally I’d say Hendrix.
his three albums (BoG doesn’t count) are all classics. 

That's what I was getting at, based on total output how much quality did they have. The stones gave some utter shite.

@redstrummerI give you the Clash for sure. Disagree with you on smiths but personal opinion.

Guest milne_afc

Prolific is a term I’d associate with penalty box strikers , rapists and murderers.

Doesn't really apply to bands and that because of individual taste and they ALL have some absolute rot in the back catalogue.

Anyway.  Radiohead, the Strokes and Talking Heads are all fairly ace rn imho.

Alice in Chains released nothing but masterpieces until Layne took his last heavenly needle. 

Facelift

Jar of Flies

Dirt

Unplugged 

Self Titled

In that order. 

Sap was wonderful as well but as a 4 song EP i cant list it. 

I cant enjoy the current singer at all. 

I dont expect you heathens to understand. 

Zeppelin n Sabbath churned out absolute classics from late 60s to mid 70s, you cant keep that output/quality along with excess drug taking and minor riding. 

Skynyrd up until Street Survivors and the plane crash were on course to dominate the Rock n Roll world. 

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I was about to say Talking Heads, only their final album Naked I don't rate. Radiohead also a good shout, love all their stuff. The Beatles, Led Zepp and the Clash rarely put a foot wrong either.

That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Alice in Chains released nothing but masterpieces until Layne took his last heavenly needle. 

Facelift

Jar of Flies

Dirt

Unplugged 

Self Titled

In that order. 

Sap was wonderful as well but as a 4 song EP i cant list it. 

I cant enjoy the current singer at all. 

All brilliant but I really love the stuff with Duval as well. He's a great frontman and fits in perfectly. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

No, No he doesnt

Duval is the complete opposite of Layne, he has no Angst, suffering, there's no pain in his vocals, and that is what AIC is about. 

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some of the new stuff, in fact check my brain is a favoutrite of mine. But I have to listen to them as a new band.  Just not the same

Anyway.....

Motorhead - fuck yeah

14 hours ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Duval is the complete opposite of Layne, he has no Angst, suffering, there's no pain in his vocals, and that is what AIC is about. 

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some of the new stuff, in fact check my brain is a favoutrite of mine. But I have to listen to them as a new band.  Just not the same

See where you're coming from but I don't know Duval's background ( I assume you do) so hard for me to comment on the 'angst' 'suffering' 'pain' argument. (Perhaps you could elaborate)

I was referring to his contribution in a live sense and sonically . He';s a brilliant frontman and his vocal is perfectly harmonious with Cantrell's. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Solid choice Frankie 
Bollocks>Going On

Revolver better than SP for me. Not sure what my top 3 lps is. Those are somewhere top 20 tho

Ooooooft, top 3 is a different kettle of fish completely from most influential mick.

Top 3 is a variable for anyone depending on where they are in their life. The exception obviously being Never Mind the Bollocks - seminal stuff