Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Should be a decent game.

Looking forward to losing my kneecaps in the J K Stand.

Our back 4 gives me the fear.

Might as well go right on the attack from the start. 

We have largely got away with being without arguably our best back 4 in the recent batch of games, right up to the last game.

Even worse, we’re going to the piggery with the same back 4. 

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Our back 4 gives me the fear.

Might as well go right on the attack from the start. 

We have largely got away with being without arguably our best back 4 in the recent batch of games, right up to the last game.

Even worse, we’re going to the piggery with the same back 4. 

Do we have a best back four? It's a shuffling combination of players who make horrific errors in positioning and ball watching. We must attack and keep the opposition as far away as possible from them.

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

PeePaw looks to have rediscovered form lately.  Has looked good in the games I've watch Dundee United this season. 

He certainly looks to have, especially since they beat the scum at Tannadice earlier this season.

He seems to be back to the level he was at, when at his best, with ourselves. 

One other thing, is that he has bulked up since leaving Aberdeen and is not adverse at sticking the boot in and, conversely, being on the receiving end of a tackle.

18 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He certainly looks to have, especially since they beat the scum at Tannadice earlier this season.

He seems to be back to the level he was at, when at his best, with ourselves. 

One other thing, is that he has bulked up since leaving Aberdeen and is not adverse at sticking the boot in and, conversely, being on the receiving end of a tackle.

Aye it brought back memories seeing him in full flight running at defenders again. 

We could use a player like that, someone who is direct and will run at defenders through the middle. 

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Depends.  Needed Robson's wee dinking pass through the advancing defence to be effective.  As we discovered for the 4 painful years after he retired. 

Very good point?.

Robson's primary attribute was the ability to hold off an opposition player, with ease, then play, a normally, telling pass.

We certainly miss someone of similar stature in our squad.

2 hours ago, Dad said:

I mind him scoring in yon winning effort away to st Johnstone one wintry eve ..it felt like he was the next Pele that night...a fucking hero he was - a terrific effort.

Now he plays for the jutes 

Life by fuck - hoo mama

Which one, Dad?

The protagonist of the book "Confessions of a Highland Hero", the lad from Santos, or the boy fae Marseille that helped to stop the cheating scum from making the first Champions League final in 1993?

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Apparently going to be missing another defender for tomorrow. Might aswell just stick on a pile of strikers. Oh wait we only have fucking 1 of those aswell ?. Regardless of who we are missing this has to be a game we need to take something from. Don't want to go to Celtic Park on the back of 2 defeats. 

An actual defender or a makey on defender? 

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Apparently going to be missing another defender for tomorrow. Might aswell just stick on a pile of strikers. Oh wait we only have fucking 1 of those aswell ?. Regardless of who we are missing this has to be a game we need to take something from. Don't want to go to Celtic Park on the back of 2 defeats. 

Fuck me, we only have Bates & McCrorie so it’s one of them