Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

4 midfielders in the back 4 potentially 

Ojo Brown McCrorie Campbell 

I genuinely can't remember a time when we've had this many injuries in one area of the pitch. Considine, Gallagher, Ramsay, Mackenzie and now maybe Bates. It's a bit laughable. Considine aside as that was purely down to that cabbage patch of a pitch. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s something that needs looked at.

it can’t all be down to bad luck? 

The only one that's bad luck is Considine. Ramsay and Gallagher both hamstring injuries i think? Mackenzie injured in training and now it looks like another injury in training. Could it be argued that we haven't looked after Ramsay appropriately and he's been injured as he's been overplayed. He's 18 and whilst he is probably our most important player he needs looked after. Gallagher barely had any game time before picking up his injury. Time to write this season off if we hadn't already. 

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

4 midfielders in the back 4 potentially 

Ojo Brown McCrorie Campbell 

No sign of Mason Hancock tonight for the U18s so no doubt he’ll be drafted into the squad tomorrow.

With Ferguson already out suspended, can we afford to take Brown out of midfield and into central defence? Might have to

Lewis

McLennan Brown McCrorie Campbell

Ojo McGeogh

Hedges Watkins Hayes

Ramirez

52 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The only one that's bad luck is Considine. Ramsay and Gallagher both hamstring injuries i think? Mackenzie injured in training and now it looks like another injury in training. Could it be argued that we haven't looked after Ramsay appropriately and he's been injured as he's been overplayed. He's 18 and whilst he is probably our most important player he needs looked after. Gallagher barely had any game time before picking up his injury. Time to write this season off if we hadn't already. 

I did that when Glass was appointed in March ?

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s something that needs looked at.

it can’t all be down to bad luck? 

Absolutely. No way it can be just bad luck.

I can only suspect that it's due to the training methods or players being overplayed. A decent number of our injuries tend to be groin or hamstring related. Certainly needs to be looked at. 

Someone actually posted an article on here about how theres an Artificial Intelligence program that can predict how and when a player will be injured. We desperately need to invest in that.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-espn-fc-united/story/4306701/soccer-looks-to-ai-for-an-edge-could-an-algorithm-really-predict-injuries

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

But but but Red_John claimed he had anxiety issues playing in front of a crowd.

Gurr did alright at RB other than the Raith game where he was sleeping at both their goals

He really didn't do OK.  His inadequacies were covered up by the fact we hit the ground running goal scoring wise. 

But if he's picked today he's got a chance to redeem himself. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

But but but Red_John claimed he had anxiety issues playing in front of a crowd.

Gurr did alright at RB other than the Raith game where he was sleeping at both their goals

Looked decent going forward.  Can't defend for toffee.  Just need to have the jute cunts on the back foot for 90 mins

COYR