Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Just now, afc1903mad said:

What was the reaction? Standing?

Utter bollox, 

it’s not bollox though. Take off your red specs & consider the rules. Players cannot react that way to fans. Even if it’s just doing same after scoring a goal. 

Ignore the boy that pushes him. If a player goes up (twice) to fans gesturing/antagonising he has to be booked. It’s the rules. Yes it’s harsh given he was pushed by a fan but he’s reacted (twice) & has to be booked. 

3 minutes ago, Terrorfex said:

So to summarise:

• Jenks has a shot in the 66th minute that is easily saved.
  • Watkins has a shot in the 91st minute that is easily saved.

What a performance.

Didn’t do enough to win the game but shouldn’t of lost the game. Defensive lapse lost us game. But the ref was a utter disgrace. It should of been 11 v 10 for 45 mins. Something needs to be done about the reffing and I’m 100% behind VAR now. Something needs to show the refs for what they are in this country. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Toothless 

Some folk think possession means you deserve to win these days but we never really tested their keeper 

Probably deserved a point but we don't keep clean sheets so what can you do? 

Most of our shots were desperation to be noticed shots (shite ones) by Gurr ?

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

it’s not bollox though. Take off your red specs & consider the rules. Players cannot react that way to fans. Even if it’s just doing same after scoring a goal. 

Ignore the boy that pushes him. If a player goes up (twice) to fans gesturing/antagonising he has to be booked. It’s the rules. Yes it’s harsh given he was pushed by a fan but he’s reacted (twice) & has to be booked. 

Twice? The first one was momentum that took him there as part of the game. He didn’t go there antagonising the opposition fans and was forcefully pushed with the fan reaching over the stand.

What was the gesture Ojo did? He just stood there without reacting

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Oh right so let's get this straight.

So a fan surges forward and assaults one of our players, (who has every right to defend himself and quite rightly does so in a controlled manner.)

The player gets sent off for being assualted and the fan gets to stay in his seat and watch the benefit of the assault. That's the rules is it as per your logic?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Recruitment has been abysmal. Longstaff, JET and Gurr need moved on in January. Simply not good enough.  

Glass seems clueless. This experiment isn't working. Utd have a manager with arguably less experience who is getting results with a shite group of players. Even under McInnes we'd be higher up the table.

Given the resources we have no Aberdeen manager should be finishing below fourth. 

Hibs are on the same points tally as ourselves with 3 games in hand. They got let off the hook with the covid outbreak. Gives their injured players time to recover.

Hearts have actually been on a poor run themselves and we haven't capitalized. 

Motherwell are 6 points ahead of us.

Just now, bonzodaddy73 said:

wouldn't hide the fact we are pish.

Stewards & police yes but the ref (much as I hate to back the cunt) followed the rules on Ojo incident whether we like it or not.

Players cannot be  antagonistic towards opposition support (regardless of what’s happened prior) it’s simply not accepted by powers that be & as such, the refs must act. 

If Ojo went to their fans like that after scoring (yeah I know ?) then he would be booked.

Its not like he was given a straight red. He was given a second yellow. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Stewards & police yes but the ref (much as I hate to back the cunt) followed the rules on Ojo incident whether we like it or not.

Players cannot be  antagonistic towards opposition support (regardless of what’s happened prior) it’s simply not accepted by powers that be & as such, the refs must act. 

If Ojo went to their fans like that after scoring (yeah I know ?) then he would be booked.

Its not like he was given a straight red. He was given a second yellow. 

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Shut the fuck up you complete fucking bellend.

Ojo did fuck all wrong. 

• Upvote 10
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Twice? The first one was momentum that took him there as part of the game. He didn’t go there antagonising the opposition fans and was forcefully pushed with the fan reaching over the stand.

What was the gesture Ojo did? He just stood there without reacting

Not even counting what you are deeming ‘the first one’ as that was prior to anything.

He stood up to guy after push (first reaction & potentially might have gotten away with that) then after being pulled away (returned) for more, which almost certainly makes madhuns decision for him as by now the rest of support are starting to get irate. So yes he went TWICE before the booking & even continued after booking when going off (which he might as well do as he’s off now anyway) so I don’t care about the third reaction 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Delighted. I fucking hate him.

But we would at least be competitive. We are 9 points behind Dundee United and Hearts, 6 behind Motherwell, Hibs have three games in hand. We are bottom six material.

Scottish football is all about defending, hoofball and grinding out a result, tiki taka does mot work.