Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, super_al said:

Young means inexperienced, he will not have full luxury of hiring the players or the staff in the future. He had greater say this summer whilst other structural changes were being made e.g hiring a head of recruitment.

I doubt Glass was allowed to appoint the Head of recruitment. 

You don't normally get to recruit your peers. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No he stood there the whole time & nobody went over to de-escalate & help him because he was going to take on all the Jutes on his own with his refusal to stand down. Only when all the Jutes shat it did Ojo then return to the pitch proudly to then discover he was getting booked & then irately return to bitch at the Jutes & only the Jute Keeper could ‘hud me back’  ?

His actions were a bookable offence. Plain & simple. Only real Karen’s would expect a rule change just because it’s one of our own 

What was the offence? I listed the cautionable offences above.

Again, he did not go into the stand or into the fans, he did not cross over the stand barrier and returned to the pitch on his own accord

• Ojo couldn't help his momentum taking him into the crowd
  • The idiot assaulted him
  • Despite this he maintained his professionalism which couldn't have been easy in the circumstances - he has the right to be unhappy and stand his ground
  • He went back onto the pitch off his own accord
  • The ref then makes a ludicrous decision
  • What followed didn't affect the decision that had already been made and any human being would have been raging at the injustice
  • Despite it being unfair, if the second booking had then been issued there would be sound grounds to say he could/should have handled it differently but that wasn't the case  

In all my years watching football it was the worst decision I have ever witnessed and hard to believe it was an honest one. Anyone on this forum who thinks otherwise is either a moron, not a dons fan or attempting a horrific wide up and requires much better patter ASAP.     

• Upvote 5
Just now, ClayholeRed said:
  • Despite this he maintained his professionalism which couldn't have been easy in the circumstances - he has the right to be unhappy and stand his ground
  • What followed didn't affect the decision that had already been made and any human being would have been raging at the injustice
  • Despite it being unfair, if the second booking had then been issued there would be sound grounds to say he could/should have handled it differently but that wasn't the case  

In all my years watching football it was the worst decision I have ever witnessed and hard to believe it was an honest one. Anyone on this forum who thinks otherwise is either a moron, not a dons fan or attempting a horrific wide up and requires much better patter ASAP.     

That’s the worst you’ve seen? ? I hardly think so. Watch it again and see, Ojo is pushed away and he then goes forward and up a couple steps to confront the guy. Madden can easily justify it, nothing will come of this.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

If ojo scores there and they are our fans in that stand he gets booked for leaving the pitch and celebrating with the fans. You’re just now allowed to do it.

Ojo's momentum carried him over the advertising board and up to the fence - overrunning the bye-line is not an automatic booking.

The 2nd yellow was down to whatever fucked up justification went on in Madden's fucked up head rather than any offence Ojo committed.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I know your on the wind up but what rules did he break.
You said at one point he was pulled away. He walked away from the guy and mulgrew walked beside him once he got back onto the pitch. 

Ok so the Utd keep (I think) was trying to keep him away as he walked off after sending off. My mistake there I will admit but his booking is for not returning to pitch straight away. Basically not de-escalating situation. 
As I said. Players get booked for this just for not returning to pitch after scoring a goal.

Players also get booked for potentially inciting trouble after scoring & getting in opposing fans faces. 
blinkers need taken off here. It’s just a booking & (sadly) rightly so by rules. Over reacting is happening given circumstances surrounding it all & the fact it results in it being a red & it being a cunt ref etc. 

it was a booking that most would laugh at had it been just a first booking & we hadn’t lost game. 

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

What was the offence? I listed the cautionable offences above.

Again, he did not go into the stand or into the fans, he did not cross over the stand barrier and returned to the pitch on his own accord

Why does a player get booked for posturing to opposing fans after scoring? Where’s that in the list? It’s not there but it’s a rule & it happens. 

ffs fans greet & expect a player to be booked for cupping a hand to his ear after scoring if he’s been getting shite from fans because they’re a bunch of Karen’s. Same Karen’s are greeting about what is always a bookable offence now, even if you want to say it’s just for delaying start of play then it’s a simple booking for that but no doubt madhun has booked him (as he is expected to) to prevent things escalating. 

20 minutes ago, super_al said:

Young means inexperienced, tactics are now based off the footballing strategy which is not determined by him, he will not have full luxury of hiring the players or the staff in the future. He had greater say this summer whilst other structural changes were being made e.g hiring a head of recruitment.

He won't get to hire his own coaches? Really? You know this for a fact? 

if this is the case, why was he able to bring in his own coaches when he started!?

also, in future, why not just say inexperienced...

tbh...it appears you don't know how the system works.

27 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Maybe we should have started the game with Jenks and McGeouch in the team, and Samuels. Hedges and Ojo benched. Hindsight blah

Hindsight?? I was shaking my head in disbelief the second the board went up with McGeouch’s number on it. 

If he strolled the entire game in front of my eyes and set our whole tempo what’s hindsight got to do with it?

18 minutes ago, ClayholeRed said:

Nothing will ever come close to Mike McCurry not sending off Barry Ferguson and not awarding the Dons a penalty for a last man trip on Arild Stavrum.

1-0 Dons at that point and huns go on to win 2-1.

It's not even the harshest yellow card we'll see this weekend

Just now, Tord31 said:

Nothing will ever come close to Mike McCurry not sending off Barry Ferguson and not awarding the Dons a penalty for a last man trip on Arild Stavrum.

1-0 Dons at that point and huns go on to win 2-1.

It's not even the harshest yellow card we'll see this weekend

I mean, there’s been countless examples of worse decisions. Lafferty v Mulgrew immediately comes to mind.

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why does a player get booked for posturing to opposing fans after scoring? Where’s that in the list? It’s not there but it’s a rule & it happens. 

ffs fans greet & expect a player to be booked for cupping a hand to his ear after scoring if he’s been getting shite from fans because they’re a bunch of Karen’s. Same Karen’s are greeting about what is always a bookable offence now, even if you want to say it’s just for delaying start of play then it’s a simple booking for that but no doubt madhun has booked him (as he is expected to) to prevent things escalating. 

You’re being a “Karen” if you don’t realise that there’s nothing wrong with standing up against being physically and verbally abused.

There was no rule broken in law 12.3 to warrant a cautionable offence

24 minutes ago, ClayholeRed said:

Not getting a penalty when one of our players was knocked unconscious whilst attempting to score

penalty given for non hand ball outside the box 

are two which come immediately to mind as worse much more game changing decisions - it was Ojo FFS

if you are expecting honesty and competence out of Scottish referees you just having being paying attention

Had a massive struggle for about an hour before kick off trying to fix my computer so i could watch the game. Wish I hadn't bothered.

The match itself was boring, two duff teams with very limited entertainment factor. Our "creative" players didn't turn up today - Hedges and Watkins were pretty much invisible. McGeouch was keeping the ball moving well as he usually does, but for some reason he was the first one to be subbed. 

One thing that's worrying me is why we're getting so many injuries? We always thought we got loads of injuries during the McInnes reign and it was put down to 1) buying injury prone players, 2) lack of fitness in players, 3) poor preparation / warm up etc. Seems like things are even worse under Glass in that respect.

There's so many players just nowhere near good enough - Longstaff, Jenks, Gurr, Samuels, JET, McGinn, Devlin, Ojo, Woods - we could ditch the lot of them and bring in youngsters from our U20s side and we wouldn't be any weaker.

I don't see this getting any better this season. It'll be dreadful football, defeats, with the occassional resurgence for a couple of games to keep Glass in a job, but then returning to defeats again. 

I've said before that it would take a phenomenal effort to end up in the bottom 6 given our budget etc and given how rubbish the rest of the teams are - I really didn't think it would happen... but I've changed my mind. We will be bottom 6 this season and the majority of games will be painful to watch. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Pretty much this. But not worst decision ever.

Moronic 'oh but he left the pitch'. No fucking shit. Next time just injure himself and run into the boards.

Fucking idiots.

I appreciate you’re not very clever but watch it again. Ojo walks a few steps forward to confront the guy after being pushed backwards. 

You clearly don’t understand the game or the laws of the game properly.