Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

47 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Watch it again and come back to me

I have. A few times. I'm still clear as a bell that Ojo has not committed any offence. I'm as convinced now, as I was when Butcher was sent off that a dons player was guaranteed a red - entirely because Madden had lost control of the game for a spell leading up to then and he'd even it up.

Let's be clear also that Ojo's red didn't cost the game today. Neither did Watkins, Hedges, Ramirez or whoever being shite. Shite defending, ie leaving opposition unmarked in the box cost the game - the same as umpteen other games this season

• Upvote 1

I am disappointed especially after putting in a reasonable effort to go to the match. Gurr was decent enough first half but was dreadful in the second half. Ojo should get transfer listed for not smacking the cunt in the dip after he pushed him. Ramirez done the hard work for us by getting their captain sent off. 
All in all we looked powderpuff. Our defence looks weak and we severely lack a cutting edge. Time to sharpen the tools up in January Glasso or it’s going to be a very uncomfortable duration for the rest of the season.

Longstaff should just be posted back to Newcastle. He’s that lightweight it should only cost around a fiver. Make sure some cunt signs for him at the other side!

I picked the wrong game to take the missus. I was a total chimpanzee. Lost my head. Apaloo got a bit going off as well. Joe Lewis too. 

Haven't been that angry at the football in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He didn’t “stand his ground”, he was pushed away and then took several steps forward to confront the guy. 

He stops then gets shoved by the fan, he then take a few steps forward and up the stair a bit to confront the fan. He entered the stand deliberately to confront the fan. Madden can justify the yellow as entering the stand/leaving the field of play OR inciting violence or whatever. 

Either way the yellow can be justified and there will be no comeback for it.I guarantee it.

It’s a pointless discussion as referees do not need to justify their actions hence why we have the west coast bias we do

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, super_al said:

No I did not say Gunn picks the tactics. Glass reports to Gunn who ultimately is accountable. 

Again the plan is to have settled structure with minimal changes. As in any occupation employees can choose to leave if their boss changes.

But you said it wasn't the head coach. So who is it?

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I've not disagreed with anything you've said though min. I was arguing about leaving the field of play... of course he did.

I think you've completely picked me up entirely wrong, but won't lose sleep over it.

Again, as a matter of interest. You run off the pitch jumping the boards, you're pushed by a fan, what would you have done? Given it rarely happens in the game. Would you do nothing? Think human nature is to react in that manner whether a yellow card is justified or not.

Not everyone is a roid rager. He should have just walked away after being pushed instead of trying to square up to him.

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I've not disagreed with anything you've said though min. I was arguing about leaving the field of play... of course he did.

I think you've completely picked me up entirely wrong, but won't lose sleep over it.

Again, as a matter of interest. You run off the pitch jumping the boards, you're pushed by a fan, what would you have done? Given it rarely happens in the game. Would you do nothing? Think human nature is to react in that manner whether a yellow card is justified or not.

Madden should have told Ojo that having seen what happened and not having heard Ojo say anything untoward there was no issue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye fair point. Cormack and Eales are the power base making all the key decisions. 

Now here is a prediction that is a little more forward thinking - another club will join the Atlanta and Aberdeen network and we will see more sharing of resources between the clubs e.g sharing of HR and IT staff, footballing strategies aligned, coaches and players moving between clubs etc...

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Ojo a roid rager or you making the accusation I am?

If myself haha. If I could shift my fat cunt to the gym I might hit the roids but fuck that. Even the word gym fears me currently.

If you were in the street and someone pushed you, would you just shit your pants and walk away like? I suspect you wouldn't. However I'm sure you'd say you'd walk away to suit your agenda. ?.

Not everyone automatically resorts to violence or confrontation. Also it didn’t randomly happen in the street, completely different circumstances. If you started putting in slide tackles on people in union street you would probably be arrested, there’s not much point trying to compare what happens at a football match to what happens outside it.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You’re just jealous because you couldn’t even get a ‘fake’ girlfriend 

My ‘fake’ girlfriend (actually my wife) says hi & says you can imagine you are having an affair with her if you like

Jealous of someone who gets himself off by being a troll on a football forum? .. Nice comeback.

You created an account (which you posted on) pretending to be your girlfriend (also didn't and doesnt exist .. its fairly clear to all).

You created fake accounts to back up your opinions ? . You get off on how many people react to you on here . Sad act.

You never answered what was missing in your life that led you to this. The continuation of pretending you have a girlfriend answers that ... one day you will get one im sure!

23 minutes ago, super_al said:

The head coach picks the tactics for individual games but they are driven by the footballing strategy. Most weeks we will not be set up to sit back, soak up pressure etc....

Well, that's changed from what you said earlier.

plus... we sat back against the rangers. 

6 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Haha, I know of a few folk who slide tackle folk in bars. Weird, but see it happen. Never seen them arrested like. Bit wild.

As I say, you aren't answering simply because regardless if it was in the street or on a football pitch you would react the same way.

If you didn't then you're a shit house.

It's not resorting to violence, he didn't resort to violence. He stuck up for himself after being shoved by a fan.

You wouldn't stick up for yourself, no? You're coming across as a bit of a feirty, but again, I suspect that isn't the case.

I’m a shit house because I wouldn’t automatically square up to someone if they pushed me? 

You must have pretty fragile masculinity if you think that the only acceptable outcome should be confrontation in this situation. 

24 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Not everyone is a roid rager. He should have just walked away after being pushed instead of trying to square up to him.

You win fuck all being passive typical example Glass says thing to sound good no hearrt give me Cantona reaction  every time, and Fergie backed him all the way SLIMY managment by the ghost.

2 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

You win fuck all being passive typical example Glass says thing to sound good no hearrt give me Cantona reaction  every time, and Fergie backed him all the way SLIMY managment by the ghost.

Aye, having been sent off for rightly questioning Maddens integrity, post match wasn’t the time for backing down.

He should’ve stuck to his guns.

Weak. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You will never be in the rarified atmosphere of similar to today when something like that happens in the spur of the moment in front of a big audience.

For all the player knew today if he simply walked away he could have got a smack on the head from some crazy football fan. He was perfectly entitled to act in the way he did to let the supporter know that he was ready if the cunt wanted to do anything further.

He did not hit back and did not cause any escalation.

The supporters were 100% the guilty party in this and should be hung out to dry. United should be hit with a heavy fine and docked points in lieu of their supporters behaviour.