AFC Annual Report

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Depressingly predictable results I suppose.

Bye bye Fergie & Ramsay in January? 

It obviously depends on the fee's involved but I'd not be against this due to the fact Ferguson has not improved (or possibly regressed) of late but would still command a good fee and Ramsay is not ready to start for an EPL or top Championship (likely thats where he'll go) club so fair chance he would be sold but loaned back to us.

10 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

It obviously depends on the fee's involved but I'd not be against this due to the fact Ferguson has not improved (or possibly regressed) of late but would still command a good fee and Ramsay is not ready to start for an EPL or top Championship (likely thats where he'll go) club so fair chance he would be sold but loaned back to us.

If Ramsey joined a Everton kind of club in January he would be starting RB  by end of the season he’s that good. That’s if they didn’t loan him out or back to us. The myth that’s he’s not good enough for EPL is ridiculous when we have Longstaff here that’s going to rip the SPL apart.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, slippers said:

If Ramsey joined a Everton kind of club in January he would be starting RB  by end of the season he’s that good. That’s if they didn’t loan him out or back to us. The myth that’s he’s not good enough for EPL is ridiculous when we have Longstaff here that’s going to rip the SPL apart.

Longstaff is not good enough for the EPL or SPL though.

Ramsay WILL be good enough for an Everton type club but not quite yet hence he'd likely be loaned (hopefully back to us) for 6 months or possibly longer a la Kenny McLean.

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

What myth would that be? I've seen or heard no one say it.

His only limitations right now are  that he cannot be relied upon to play a full 90 minutes due to issues with cramp. And that he's a bit injury prone as he is still "filling out". Both these issues should resolve themselves within 12 months or so. Playing wise, he also has to work a bit on the defensive side of his game but with half decent coaching, this should also resolve itself simply by playing and gaining more experience. For what Ramsay would cost (absolute peanuts to an EPL club) they could fire him onto a 5 year contract (or 5 and a half years in bought in January) and allow him to continue to develop for between  6 months to 18 months on loan, either back with us or at an English Championship club until he's physically capable of challenging for a first team place at his parent club. I'm certain he'd be a first team regular in short order thereafter and they've still got about  4 years on his contract.

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

His only limitations right now are  that he cannot be relied upon to play a full 90 minutes due to issues with cramp. And that he's a bit injury prone as he is still "filling out". Both these issues should resolve themselves within 12 months or so. Playing wise, he also has to work a bit on the defensive side of his game but with half decent coaching, this should also resolve itself simply by playing and gaining more experience. For what Ramsay would cost (absolute peanuts to an EPL club) they could fire him onto a 5 year contract (or 5 and a half years in bought in January) and allow him to continue to develop for between  6 months to 18 months on loan, either back with us or at an English Championship club until he's physically capable of challenging for a first team place at his parent club. I'm certain he'd be a first team regular in short order thereafter and they've still got about  4 years on his contract.

Just a bit bemused at why people don’t think he’s good enough to start in the EPL now. He’s a massive stand out at this level and I see no reason why he couldn’t get immediate game time in EPL, it may be off the bench for a short period of time but see no reason why he couldn’t be a starting EPL RB at start of next season if not before. Obviously would depend who he signed for. I guess if he were to sign for 1 of the big 6 your point probably does stand. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Just a bit bemused at why people don’t think he’s good enough to start in the EPL now. He’s a massive stand out at this level and I see no reason why he couldn’t get immediate game time in EPL, it may be off the bench for a short period of time but see no reason why he couldn’t be a starting EPL RB at start of next season if not before. Obviously would depend who he signed for. I guess if he were to sign for 1 of the big 6 your point probably does stand. 

You’re right. He can cope with Curtis Main, no reason why he couldn’t shut down Sterling/Ronaldos of that league. 

42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I’m not sure your giving ramsay as much credit for his defensive side of the game as he deserves 

• Upvote 1

There's other factors though - would he adjust okay to moving away from his family and living on his own etc, how would he handle the massive increase in wages etc - all that stuff plays a part in whether or not he'd make the step up into an EPL starting line up within a year or so. Time will tell. I think Ferguson might be the one to go in January - maybe to a Championship side. Bigger clubs will keep monitoring Ramsay and move for him in the summer - even if his value has gone up a bit by then, it won't make much difference to them.

28 minutes ago, slippers said:

Seamus Coleman is Everton and ROI captain. Don't think he would replace him straight away if he goes to Everton. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Seamus Coleman is Everton and ROI captain. Don't think he would replace him straight away if he goes to Everton. 

Seamus Coleman is a great player but is injured whilst he was away on International duty. I think he’s been picking up more and more injuries of late which is why Everton are on the lookout to replace him.

Ramsay would definitely get an opportunity if he went there

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Seamus Coleman is a great player but is injured whilst he was away on International duty. I think he’s been picking up more and more injuries of late which is why Everton are on the lookout to replace him.

Ramsay would definitely get an opportunity if he went there

Aye he might get games as cover but he wouldn't be first choice straight away.