AFC Annual Report

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Would be interstate to hear this too as the club told us they covered the 10m shortfall and we still lost 5m. 

5m loss reduced to 2.2m loss through player sales.

and then approx 2m of new share money or equity which doesn’t go through the Profit and Loss. That, at a very high level is your 10m.

between that and the insurance payout which will appear in next years results, it’s actually a decent position, and certainly stronger than June 2020 when there was a great deal of uncertainty still.

looks like it’s been well managed, in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

It is included. I didn’t explain it very well.

that money sits below the £5m Operating loss on the Profit and Loss statement, refunding the £5.2m operating loss to a £2.2m loss before interest and tax.

Why would the club not declare a 2.2m loss and emphasises the fact there will be 2.25m insurance  repayment in next season books. Seen to have opened us up for criticism when in actual fact we are sitting pretty nicely. Appreciate you explaining. 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Why would the club not declare a 2.2m loss and emphasises the fact there will be 2.25m insurance  repayment in next season books. Seen to have opened us up for criticism when in actual fact we are sitting pretty nicely. Appreciate you explaining. 

Because the glasgow media could of explained it that way but decided not to. then try and make us look as bad as the arse cheeks who lost £23 million and £10 million 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

A lot of it is just down to how they have to lay out the financial statements owing to accounting rules and company law.

Operating profit/loss is normally where most financial comments both in and out of football will be focused. It's as good as any measure of financial health in an established business.

You raise a fair point that if we were to realise the ambition of selling nuggets of home grown talent from time to time, then the £2.2m loss line is to highlight as to ongoing health or viability.  That's where a fitba club might be a bit different from the majority of other businesses.

2 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

A lot of it is just down to how they have to lay out the financial statements owing to accounting rules and company law.

Operating profit/loss is normally where most financial comments both in and out of football will be focused. It's as good as any measure of financial health in an established business.

You raise a fair point that if we were to realise the ambition of selling nuggets of home grown talent from time to time, then the £2.2m loss line is to highlight as to ongoing health or viability.  That's where a fitba club might be a bit different from the majority of other businesses.

Always good to hear from someone that knows what it means. It’s easy to look at the top figure and think that it’s terrible. I just assumed the 5m included the sale of players for example. 

9 minutes ago, thurso said:

Because the glasgow media could of explained it that way but decided not to. then try and make us look as bad as the arse cheeks who lost £23 million and £10 million 

There is a bit of that too. 

The sheepshaggurz are in bother so they are byrraywaybigmanbut....

To be fair, I think the ranjurz accounts came under a fair bit of scrutiny from those in the press who might be generally seen as nirmally favourable to them.

1 hour ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

It is included. I didn’t explain it very well.

that money sits below the £5m Operating loss on the Profit and Loss statement, refunding the £5.2m operating loss to a £2.2m loss before interest and tax.

Gotcha. Cheers min 

Could have been worse all things considered. 

A Ferguson sale will fill that gap 

11 hours ago, starryfish said:

Did anyone work out how much it cost us to pay off the previous management team?

It may not have been a lump sum payment. It may have been structured in a way that the club continues to honour its contractual obligations to the previous management, ie, they’re still getting paid.

2 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

It may not have been a lump sum payment. It may have been structured in a way that the club continues to honour its contractual obligations to the previous management, ie, they’re still getting paid.

I believe for a lot of clubs when they sack a manager they continue to pay them until such a time they either get a new job or the contract would've rann out, so essentially gardening leave.

So if that;s the case for us we are paying McInnes and Docherty until next summer?

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

So if that;s the case for us we are paying McInnes and Docherty until next summer?

If the hun is on gardening leave he should have been refused entry on Glasser’s first home game.

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

I believe for a lot of clubs when they sack a manager they continue to pay them until such a time they either get a new job or the contract would've rann out, so essentially gardening leave.

Similar to this, I'm sure I read that Spurs have 4 managers all contracted until 2023!