Aberdeen v Livingston

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I hate the club right now yes

Its a fkn mess. 

It might be, but you've hated the club for a long long time. You hated McInnes from about 2015, and probably every manager before that. You hate Cormack and you hated Milne. 

Learn to love a little f&d, it's good for the soul.

• Upvote 2

That was so close to a complete performance last night

Fact we only scored 2 goals though is poor

JETs layoffs and one touch passes were brilliant but by god someone tell him to stop trying to dribble

Bates and McCrorie absolutely bossing it too, so much to be said for 2 centre halves who can burst out of defence and as cringey as it sounds, "break the lines"

Marley Watkins is absolutely brilliant, such a good footballer and when you add in his voice too; I love him

4 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Surely that game puts to bed any nostalgic regret about Bruce Anderson

mind in the second half McRorie made a mistake and Anderson was running on goal. McRorie made up the pace and dispossessed him no bother. Showed great heart, for a hun 

That wasn’t Anderson.

16 minutes ago, Poodler said:

mind in the second half McRorie made a mistake and Anderson was running on goal. McRorie made up the pace and dispossessed him no bother. Showed great heart, for a hun 

Anderson got taken off at HT

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

JETs layoffs and one touch passes were brilliant but by god someone tell him to stop trying to dribble

Bates and McCrorie absolutely bossing it too, so much to be said for 2 centre halves who can burst out of defence and as cringey as it sounds, "break the lines"

Marley Watkins is absolutely brilliant, such a good footballer and when you add in his voice too; I love him

Not cringey at all.  Add in “can carry the ball” (Mcrorie especially) and qualify with “not like a dog with a balloon in the wind” and you’re bang on.

Well done MT.  More of this please.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Here....da think that was Anderson

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Here....da think that was Anderson

It wasn't, Anderson was hooked at half time as in David Martindale's words, their shape / team was not working.

Anderson is a very good penalty box poacher, but he needs someone alongside him.

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Aye, its starting to come together and will only improve. Ramsay / MacKenzie will give us more than Ojo / Hayes.

Hedges should have had a hat-trick last night instead of just the 1 goal.

We controlled the game and can't recall Lewis having a save to make (nothing of note anyway).

Not as convinced as you on JET though. He can thread a pass better than anyone but dillies and dallies so much  inevitably he gets tackled / blocked 8 times out of 10

So the starting team is looking good, if we can improve the bench, then it will help to convert the performances into results

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye, its starting to come together and will only improve. Ramsay / MacKenzie will give us more than Ojo / Hayes.

We controlled the game and can't recall Lewis having a save to make (nothing of note anyway).

Not as convinced as you on JET though. He can thread a pass better than anyone but dillies and dallies so much  inevitably he gets tackled / blocked 8 times out of 10

So the starting team is looking good, if we can improve the bench, then it will help to convert the performances into results

Yup, a decent number10 with a nose for goal and capable with two feet would prosper.  The kind of young player that every other team seems to have that play us!

35 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Know we have a few injuries but the bench last night looked particularly weak.  No game changers at all

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Know we have a few injuries but the bench last night looked particularly weak.  No game changers at all

I know people will mock me for this and know his decision making is not the best, but was glad to see McLennan come on.

Having an option of pace from the bench could make a massive difference.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I know people will mock me for this and know his decision making is not the best, but was glad to see McLennan come on.

Having an option of pace from the bench could make a massive difference.

He’s hopeless.

His legs do one thing whilst his brain is telling him to do something else.

Hasn’t progressed in 3-4 years.

I’d let him go if possible. 

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s hopeless.

His legs do one thing whilst his brain is telling him to do something else.

Hasn’t progressed in 3-4 years.

I’d let him go if possible. 

I agree that his worst attribute is his decision making. When he came on last night, he kept things reasonably simple.

Maybe I'm holding out on dismissing his potential given we are sorely lacking in wide players with pace that can make an impact.

It was a good call to take him on and rest Hedges in prep for Saturday. I'm fine for that to be the plan in coming games to use him as a sub to protect our better players in this December run and still give us a pacey out ball later on in games

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McLennan can be his own worst enemy at times. 

But he was better when he was in a settled position wide right in a front three. 

He's either been injured or played all over the place in the last 2 years. 

I agree I think he needs consistency. I also think the right side is his best position. 

Before Ramsay came through, i thought he could make a good RWB so could provide cover there if / when Ramsey is sold for the mega millions he is worth.