Cormack so far

Wondering what rating from 1 to 10  Cormacks tenure deserves so far. I think a weak 3 taking into account his disregard for the support in the way the appointment  of Glass was handlled, the ongoing mystery of the Hernadez situation and the serious league position caused by poor amateurish management.                                                                                                                     A bit of red paint at Pittodrie and intermittant rants on the media doesn't work for me at the moment.

On the credit side, the way he organised the community aspect of the club during the height of lockdown; food deliveries etc. Cormack Park, even if he did narcissistically name it after himself. Probably countless other donations he’s made too.

On the debit side; the Atlanta connection, Ronnie. the Glass appointment, transfer strategy.

Maybe a 4?

Credit side :

Getting the training ground over the line 

Attempting to get the stadium built at the beach 

Backing the manager(s) financially 

Community and financial stuff during covid 

The lipstick on the pig that is the red shed 

Debit side:

Naming the training ground after himself

Backing the wrong horse with Glass 

Not insisting on experience in his leadership and first team coaching teams 

Too enamoured with all things Atlanta in general 

I like how he's pushing back on scottish media's obsession with the 2 cheeks. I like his ideas about improving the matchday experience, and trying to get beer allowed back into stadiums to increase revenue.

Don't care about the training ground name, it's only the training ground. As long as the new stadium has none of it.

However on the recruitment, team and transfers side, it's been a disaster. 

31 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dons were on the up during the end of Milne's reign... it was about time too

Since he came in it has been increasingly shite.

Seems a good summary

lol

Dons were on the up because the huns died.  That cretin voted to block any chance of lasting change.

57 minutes ago, NEM said:

lol

Dons were on the up because the huns died.  That cretin voted to block any chance of lasting change.

Nah min. The whole direction of the club was on the up. Debts gone. New training facility on the way / delivered. Much improved position in the league every season, we must have averaged about 8th from 97 (or whenever Milne came) until 2013. Previous regime took us as far as they could and started to go downhill..... what a chance to appoint someone half competent in summer to drive us on

1 hour ago, winchester83 said:

Wondering what rating from 1 to 10  Cormacks tenure deserves so far. I think a weak 3 taking into account his disregard for the support in the way the appointment  of Glass was handlled, the ongoing mystery of the Hernadez situation and the serious league position caused by poor amateurish management.                                                                                                                     A bit of red paint at Pittodrie and intermittant rants on the media doesn't work for me at the moment.

Its a tough one. You've focussed on a lot of the negatives, but the way he backed the clubs, community trust and got financial support as we went through Covid lockdown was pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nah min. The whole direction of the club was on the up. Debts gone. New training facility on the way / delivered. Much improved position in the league every season, we must have averaged about 8th from 97 (or whenever Milne came) until 2013. Previous regime took us as far as they could and started to go downhill..... what a chance to appoint someone half competent in summer to drive us on

Cormack practically funded the training facility himself.

Positives for me:-

Financial stewardship of the club. on that side of things, the club does feel in safe hands;

Training ground, getting it finalised;

community engagement, especially during covid, I thought was/is excellent; the work the call centre have done is exceptional in my book.

the financial support given to the manager;

generally better atmosphere at Pittodrie, certainly in the earlier games off the back of the Red Shed;

Moving on McInnes. I was / am a fan, but timing was sadly right, it had become eye bleeding to watch in the last couple of years.

having some sort of strategy and vision in place, although sticking rigidly to it might be a downfall. 

Trying to keep the stadium in the city rather than Torphins or wherever it is.

Calling out Uber crock jock Kenny McIntyre

youngsters signing for the dandies

overall trying, albeit you can only piss with the cock you’ve got, to improve fan experience.

Negatives:-

making a complete arse of the management prawcess and then trying to justify it. Absolute bollocks. No way could someone with a previous 25% win rate was the “outstanding candidate”

surrounding himself with “emerging talent” or for want of a better phrase, “yes men”

cormack park, naming it. Probably wouldn’t be a factor if all was well. I’ll reserve the right to remove this when they call the new stadium the Watson Oh The Bar Arena. Scanlon Yes!

trying to be a smart arse with the government rules and 10k. Small minded. Playing to the gallery.

harping on about the 1960s, 70s and 80s, his Uncle Dougie buying his first scarf and living in a slum.

the moss on the main stand roof…accepting that touch it and the whole thing is likely to start leaking like a sieve. By fuck it’s sprouted in the last two years!

Probably a 4/5 for me. Would have been a lot higher had he not made a complete arse of the prawcess and treated the fans like numpties. Could have been an 8 had he got that one right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

?

2 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Positives for me:-

Financial stewardship of the club. on that side of things, the club does feel in safe hands;

Training ground, getting it finalised;

community engagement, especially during covid, I thought was/is excellent; the work the call centre have done is exceptional in my book.

the financial support given to the manager;

generally better atmosphere at Pittodrie, certainly in the earlier games off the back of the Red Shed;

Moving on McInnes. I was / am a fan, but timing was sadly right, it had become eye bleeding to watch in the last couple of years.

having some sort of strategy and vision in place, although sticking rigidly to it might be a downfall. 

Trying to keep the stadium in the city rather than Torphins or wherever it is.

Calling out Uber crock jock Kenny McIntyre

youngsters signing for the dandies

overall trying, albeit you can only piss with the cock you’ve got, to improve fan experience.

Negatives:-

making a complete arse of the management prawcess and then trying to justify it. Absolute bollocks. No way could someone with a previous 25% win rate was the “outstanding candidate”

surrounding himself with “emerging talent” or for want of a better phrase, “yes men”

cormack park, naming it. Probably wouldn’t be a factor if all was well. I’ll reserve the right to remove this when they call the new stadium the Watson Oh The Bar Arena. Scanlon Yes!

trying to be a smart arse with the government rules and 10k. Small minded. Playing to the gallery.

harping on about the 1960s, 70s and 80s, his Uncle Dougie buying his first scarf and living in a slum.

the moss on the main stand roof…accepting that touch it and the whole thing is likely to start leaking like a sieve. By fuck it’s sprouted in the last two years!

Probably a 4/5 for me. Would have been a lot higher had he not made a complete arse of the prawcess and treated the fans like numpties. Could have been an 8 had he got that one right.

Really good summary there!

Moving away from the Kingsford Stadium was massive for me… we have dodged a massive bullet there I reckon!  I’m pretty convinced building a stadium out there would have killed this club. I don’t think that’s being dramatic either! Hard enough to convince folk to travel to the beach - trains, planes and automobiles out to the back of beyond, would have resulted in our support taking a huge hit.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Moving away from the Kingsford Stadium was massive for me… we have dodged a massive bullet there I reckon!  I’m pretty convinced building a stadium out there would have killed this club. I don’t think that’s being dramatic either! Hard enough to convince folk to travel to the beach - trains, planes and automobiles out to the back of beyond, would have resulted in our support taking a huge hit.

Spot on. He can appoint his wife as manager if he builds us a stadium at the beach ?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The obvious major negative is his first managerial appointment. Most of us predicted the clusterfuck it has become. 

The training ground is the major positive.

His next task is to admit his mistake with Glass & appoint a new manager that can take us to where we should be. 

And, either bin the DoF role, handing the power back to the manager, or, appoint a proper one.

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Credit side :

Getting the training ground over the line 

Attempting to get the stadium built at the beach 

Backing the manager(s) financially 

Community and financial stuff during covid 

The lipstick on the pig that is the red shed 

Debit side:

Naming the training ground after himself

Backing the wrong horse with Glass 

Not insisting on experience in his leadership and first team coaching teams 

Too enamoured with all things Atlanta in general 

That’s a good summary. I also hope his business acumen will override his arrogance to prove people wrong on the glass appointment (would add that as a debit as I have my doubts)

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Jury's still out on Cormack - as others have said, and summarised very well, plenty on the positive and the negative side of things. 

How he handles the Glass situation will be the big thing - is he honest enough to admit he got it wrong and sack his chum if things continue like this much longer, and can he bring in a significantly better replacement. If he's a real fan of the club (which I think he is) he will surely be feeling the same way as the vast majority on here are - that there are no real signs of improvement or reasons for optimism, and this can't go on much longer. Persevering with this nonsense until the end of the season could set us back 2 or 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Jury's still out on Cormack - as others have said, and summarised very well, plenty on the positive and the negative side of things. 

How he handles the Glass situation will be the big thing - is he honest enough to admit he got it wrong and sack his chum if things continue like this much longer, and can he bring in a significantly better replacement. If he's a real fan of the club (which I think he is) he will surely be feeling the same way as the vast majority on here are - that there are no real signs of improvement or reasons for optimism, and this can't go on much longer. Persevering with this nonsense until the end of the season could set us back 2 or 3 seasons.

Agreed. I fear a post, Willie Miller situation, basically up to DM, where we appoint useless cunt after useless cunt..

He's a lying scumbag, playing the Aiberdonion card (talk of rowies and Aiberdeen in the 80's) in an attempt to tug on the heart strings of those who are too thick to see past his smarmy arrogance.

He is the cancer of our club and needs removed. We will continue to regress under his watch.

His outburst on the radio was embarrassing, but he knew it would be lapped up by those anti establishment fans, blaming the media and creating a smoke screen for his own failings.

What's most worrying is a high proportion of our fan base continue to see oor Dave as a saviour and he is getting away with the absolute shambles he has created. 

Absolute arsehole of a man. 0 out of 10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10