Cormack so far

Definition of insanity is repetition of same mistakes expecting a different outcome 

Hiring Glass was a gamble (not even a wise one considering his record/experience) & it was very soon apparent that it was a massive mistake.

The fact that Glass basically had to sign Brown (on fk knows how much wages) just to make himself more appealing to the fans in hope they would ignore his stats & lack of experience should have been the early warning signs. Brown was a distraction signing. So all the focus was on that & not the puppeteer & his puppet 

• Upvote 1

He’s alright, hard to tell when you don’t know how much influence he is having over transfers etc. Bit harsh to blame him for the current league position, we have been unlucky with injuries and refereeing decisions, and he’s not a coach and has put his hand in his pocket throughout his time here which has been one of the toughest in our history.

At the same time if he was keen to sign shite like Gurr and Jet and Longstaff he really needs to stay away from any footballing matters.  

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Definition of insanity is repetition of same mistakes expecting a different outcome 

Hiring Glass was a gamble (not even a wise one considering his record/experience) & it was very soon apparent that it was a massive mistake.

The fact that Glass basically had to sign Brown (on fk knows how much wages) just to make himself more appealing to the fans in hope they would ignore his stats & lack of experience should have been the early warning signs. Brown was a distraction signing. So all the focus was on that & not the puppeteer & his puppet 

Brown is one of the only decent signings he’s made. 

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

He’s alright, hard to tell when you don’t know how much influence he is having over transfers etc. Bit harsh to blame him for the current league position, we have been unlucky with injuries and refereeing decisions, and he’s not a coach and has put his hand in his pocket throughout his time here which has been one of the toughest in our history.

At the same time if he was keen to sign shite like Gurr and Jet and Longstaff he really needs to stay away from any footballing matters.  

Injuries ?

Other than the two great young FB’s we would likely be very little if at all better off.

His signings have been shite 2 maybe 3 of 10 are decent. Brown, Ramirez & Watkins. A hit rate very similar to that of his 28% win record as manager. 

Quit with the injury excuse BS. 

He’s signed a load of shite & cannot put a shine on said turds

7 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Brown is one of the only decent signings he’s made. 

Nah. I think Ramirez has been decent also.  Both were relatively safe bets in fairness & likely our top earners.

Watkins been ok & showing signs of what he can be but was also a pretty well known quantity.

Other SEVEN signings have been a waste of funds & are worthy of a team comfortably bottom end of table. We are where his signings have us deserving.

I would rate Glass at 3 out of 10 (being generous) just for 3 ok signings from 10 but even a stopped clock is correct twice a day so very generous giving him a 3.

Cormack on a similar rank but only for his financial help because nothing else he has contributed is worthy of credit 

• Upvote 1

I think Cormack has been a breath of fresh air off the pitch. On the business side of things we seem to have improved hugely in his short time in charge and are on a much better financial footing. I’m sure Milne would have had us near bankrupt going through Covid. The training ground wouldn’t have happened without him either (why do so many people care that he named it after himself?).

The football side of things though couldn’t be any different. Glass, the prawcess hiring him, the signings, promoting Gunn who is probably well out of his depth too - all a complete shambles.

• Upvote 1

6/10. Would of been 9/10 if it weren’t for recruitment and glass appointment. Couldn’t care less him naming training ground after himself after paying for vast majority. The club is in great shape at all levels apart from on the field which it matters most. If glass fails to win next 2 games he will swiftly go down to a 5 if he isn’t removed from position. 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I think Cormack has been a breath of fresh air off the pitch. On the business side of things we seem to have improved hugely in his short time in charge and are on a much better financial footing. I’m sure Milne would have had us near bankrupt going through Covid. The training ground wouldn’t have happened without him either (why do so many people care that he named it after himself?).

The football side of things though couldn’t be any different. Glass, the prawcess hiring him, the signings, promoting Gunn who is probably well out of his depth too - all a complete shambles.

I agree. The business side of the club means we definitely look strong even though we pretend to have made a loss of millions (our rich board can disguise things well). 
The appointment of Glass was definitely a gamble but I believe Cormack genuinely thought  Glass would easily do as good as McInnes (league positions etc) and get a far more entertaining team on the pitch thanks to his backing. 
What he probably didn’t expect was a massive percentage of losses against us in a short period of time and that must be a major concern to him. It is definitely making the hiring of 2 novices at the club look ridiculous. No chairman at a club like Aberdeen wants to look ridiculous….it will have to be rectified soon though because this is a real disaster and not good for business on match days etc.

3 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

He's a lying scumbag, playing the Aiberdonion card (talk of rowies and Aiberdeen in the 80's) in an attempt to tug on the heart strings of those who are too thick to see past his smarmy arrogance.

He is the cancer of our club and needs removed. We will continue to regress under his watch.

His outburst on the radio was embarrassing, but he knew it would be lapped up by those anti establishment fans, blaming the media and creating a smoke screen for his own failings.

What's most worrying is a high proportion of our fan base continue to see oor Dave as a saviour and he is getting away with the absolute shambles he has created. 

Absolute arsehole of a man. 0 out of 10

Nae a fan then Stewarty?

Whilst he's been a breath of fresh air from years of Milne being door and silent, even though he's been quite open to Q&As etc, he's still very vague on a number of issues including Hernandez and the obvious player/money laundering that has gone on with it as well as the overall "connection" with Atlanta and what we even get out of it.

The club also hasn't been clear on where the DNA money is going either which is a disgrace too. Every penny should be accounted for where it's going given its fans money.

Think a lot of us, myself included, have grown a tired of how much he likes the sound of his own voice too.

He took over the club when we were a shoe in for Europe every season and regularly had trips to Hampden.

Right now we are bottom 6 and will do very well to finish top 6, we have a tonne of failed signings, an unbalanced squad and have an inexperienced DOF and Manager in place. Both of these appointments were to "move the club forward and play attractive football" that have now essentially taken us 10 years backwards.

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Injuries ?

Other than the two great young FB’s we would likely be very little if at all better off.

His signings have been shite 2 maybe 3 of 10 are decent. Brown, Ramirez & Watkins. A hit rate very similar to that of his 28% win record as manager. 

Quit with the injury excuse BS. 

He’s signed a load of shite & cannot put a shine on said turds

The injuries can be used as part excuse, especially when it’s all defenders.

There’s been occasions when the defence has been 75% or even 100% midfielders. 
Ramsay, Gallagher, Considine, MacKenzie all out. Possibly our best back 4. 

I didn’t want Glass. 
I want him gone.  
But to say injuries haven’t had an impact is unfair on him. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I didn’t want Glass. 
I want him gone.  

The defence was absolutely stinking even when we had Lewis, Gallagher, McCrorie and Bates fit - out best backline on paper was an absolute shambles on the park. 

Injuries to Hedges and Watkins maybe more significant as we were relying only on the full backs crossing the ball in for a while to create chances. 

I think Cormack will let it run a little longer - but ultimately he's a business man and when the crowds start dwindling and the money coming in starts drying up he will realise things need to be changed.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I didn’t want Glass. 
I want him gone.  

Our best defensive performances have been when Gallagher hasn’t played. Arguably even better when Brown is in defence.

our two best defenders IMO have Been both midfielders. Bates & Gallagher have been utter shite for most part & they have looked more like midfielders playing in defence than the actual midfielders playing in defence.

Hence why I see these injury excuses as BS really. Especially regards Gallagher.

Next time Cormack opens his trap and proclaims how we should lap up how we should buy season tickets because it will be fast, aggressive, attacking football and how we should contribute to the dna farce because it is a good thing to do then we should all take a step back and just think this man is maybe taking us all for a ride. I don’t trust anyone who is not good on their word. Dave Cormack isn’t good on his word and that is going to be his downfall.

12 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

The defence was absolutely stinking even when we had Lewis, Gallagher, McCrorie and Bates fit - out best backline on paper was an absolute shambles on the park. 

Injuries to Hedges and Watkins maybe more significant as we were relying only on the full backs crossing the ball in for a while to create chances. 

I think Cormack will let it run a little longer - but ultimately he's a business man and when the crowds start dwindling and the money coming in starts drying up he will realise things need to be changed.

Tonight's crowd will be pathetic, and rightly so. Freezing cold midweek between two shit teams. 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Cormack not having as much fun with his wee toy club game as he thought. 

It doesn’t say much for the leader of our club to go into hiding when it gets difficult. He can’t even do the other Q&A session which let’s be honest…it’s a breeze in reality. He even has the lapdogs picking the questions beforehand just in case he gets caught out. Doing interviews etc with Steven Gunn next to him is ridiculous…who in their right mind wants to see some promoted office clerk talk about serious  football matters? 
The whole managerial appointment was a con and this makes Cormack very hard to trust. Glass definitely wasn’t the best applicant, but had an overwhelming advantage he knew Dave Cormack better than any of the others. Goodness knows what idiot he will employ next and what role they will be given.

• Upvote 1

He can’t imagine himself Covid would hit at the start of his tenure and in reality we are better placed than most by his stewardship, but we are a football club and the results are not good enough, no real explanation as to who else applied and the credentials they had . No sense in not having a wise experienced head in the management team to guide SG! Player recruitment terrible and I still unfortunately don’t get the Ronnie debacle. So for me it’s 5 out of 10. We need DC as he stands up for the club but he is blind to the reality he has created with SG. It was the wrong appointment at the right time for change 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

He can’t imagine himself Covid would hit at the start of his tenure and in reality we are better placed than most by his stewardship, but we are a football club and the results are not good enough, no real explanation as to who else applied and the credentials they had . No sense in not having a wise experienced head in the management team to guide SG! Player recruitment terrible and I still unfortunately don’t get the Ronnie debacle. So for me it’s 5 out of 10. We need DC as he stands up for the club but he is blind to the reality he has created with SG. It was the wrong appointment at the right time for change 

Yes, I think he's done quite well in standing up for us in the media and with the SPL / SFA or whatever they're called - but internally its a shambles due to the single most important decision he's had to make which was the managerial appointment.

• Upvote 1