Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

AFChat Awards 2021

Henry

9 hours ago, Henry said:

Best Poster: The Buzzard. This award would surely be the highlight of the year for our man at Holyrood.

Funniest Poster: I'm returning to old favourite cheesepipes

Lifetime Achievement Award: BrianFraePerth. To log on faithfully every day despite near universal disdain takes some doing

Best Thread: Choi's, ah seys, Choi's!

Best Rivalry: Consi vs NEM. Consi has shown a remarkable dedication to arguing this year.

Must Do Better Award: Bluto. His contributions in the drinking thread aren't even worth reading any more. Name of a random beer, capital S, followed by #now. Dreary.

Moment of the Year: Got to be Bluto bragging about the eight bottles of beer he drank one night.

Most Negative Poster Award: Westhill Wanderers. Painfully repetitive reading about he predicted the Glass shitshow. 

Best Newcomer: huncunts, just for the name.

Cheers harcus but eh think if you ever get off those godforsaken islands, you’ll realise Orkney isn’t the universe

Best Poster: Hanzoid

Funniest Poster: Fridge

Lifetime Achievement Award: Rocket Scientist

Best Thread: Choi’s

Best Rivalry: Bebo v the police trying to make sure this place doesn’t get shut down

Must Do Better Award: Brian from Perth getting some deodorant 

Moment of the Year: Walter Smith dying 

Most Negative Poster Award: WW

Best Newcomer: Fridge

Best Poster: The Buzzard

Funniest Poster: Henry/Harcus

Lifetime Achievement Award: Bad_Mobby

Best Thread: Coronavirus - full of so much animosity

Best Rivalry: NEM vs Consi/Parky

Must Do Better Award: Bluto

Moment of the Year: Rocket bottling a scrap after offering said scrap

Most Negative Poster Award: Westhill Wanderer

Best Newcomer: MAD

8 hours ago, Misers Hill said:

At fucker hid Black hair..mad..the suspect broon.

Fair doos min. Greig had a thick black barnet. It was the crooked front teeth and broad shoulders profile that got me thinking.

My theory is that Bible John is a very well-known public figure and that the coppers know exactly who he is but are too feart, for whatever reason, to do anything about it.

17 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

What one?

Dead or alive? 

Probably Billy Connelly. 

Tim Connolly had too shaggy a hairdo and no crooked teeth back then for him to be a suspect min. 

He also wore Fyffe banana boots as his preferred type of footwear, and not nicely polished sensible shoes, so that further rules him out.

Here's a picture of John Greig from the era of the murders.......

spacer.png

He has a canny resemblance to Bible John.

Just saying like?.

6 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fair doos min. Greig had a thick black barnet. It was the crooked front teeth and broad shoulders profile that got me thinking.

My theory is that Bible John is a very well-known public figure and that the coppers know exactly who he is but are too feart, for whatever reason, to do anything about it.

Know many famous public figures with a combination of crooked teeth and ginger hair. 
And a functional knowledge of the bible?

If he's still alive he must be in his very late seventies or into his eighties.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Know many famous public figures with a combination of crooked teeth and ginger hair. 
And a functional knowledge of the bible?

If he's still alive he must be in his very late seventies or into his eighties.

Having a functional knowledge of the 95 Theses and the Good News Bible would’ve been a mandatory requirement, as part of the recruitment process, to play for GRFC.

He has a dental deformity and in the photo I uploaded earlier the same facial structure and hair colour and hairline as the elusive Bible John. 

Just a theory though. 

13 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Having a functional knowledge of the 95 Theses and the Good News Bible would’ve been a mandatory requirement, as part of the recruitment process, to play for GRFC.

He has a dental deformity and in the photo I uploaded earlier the same facial structure and hair colour and hairline as the elusive Bible John. 

Just a theory though. 

There are witness statements that say he spoke with a Glasgow accent.

John Greig was from Edinburgh and speaks with an Edinburgh accent to this day

Case closed

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Case closed

That's why Strathclyde Constabulary, and latterly Police Scotland, haven't caught the perpetrator and never will. Lack of witness testimonies and proper, opportunistic policing haven't helped at all. 

Greig, whilst being from Edinburgh, could easily have been mistaken for having a Glaswegian accent as his lilt is not a stereotypical, pronounced posh accent that Edinburgh folk have naturally or artificially adopt. 

10 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Nah, yer taxi driver would have instantly identified a very public figure like Greig. Unless you’re saying there was some sort of Masonic cover up?

It’s an interesting angle. 

I’m certain it’s yer man Tobin though. 

The word at the time young Peter was living in Brighton at time, not to say though he never travelled back up north to visit family and friends around the time the murders were committed.

Don't think it's him min.