Beer taps

sooth_stander

I've a perfect draft and a krupps sub thing, prefer the perfect draft, get a grat pint of it but its nae cheap - better of with tinnies if your not wanting spend much.  Between £30 and £45 per keg depending what you go for, but if you buy 3 you get 15% off and you get £5 for returning each keg, so a £35 keg will cost about £2.40 a pint if you get the discount and return the empty keg

I have the beer hawk perfect draft machine. Very good. A keg (6 litres / 10 pints) of Tennents for £30 or Stella for £35. £5 delivery charge, but as above if you buy a couple at once you get discount. 
Can return the empties at Cove post office for a £5 credit. 

The beer is really good. Stella, Jupiler and Lowenbrau decent, even Tennents which I can’t stand is ok. 

More expensive than cans/bottles, but far better quality. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Place I was at a few days back used them. A lot better than being tied into shite wee kegs. 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

https://www.brewfitt.com/shop/mobile-dispense/lindr-pygmy-20k-uk-plug-1-tap.html

Buy from these chaps. You'll get after sales support. That site worries me with the "import from EU" taxes.

I can vouch for the Lindr machines, they are excellent and you genuinely will save money in the long run as you can buy at pub prices. The only fuck about will be your keg connector, there are several different types and the American imports can be a cunt to get a hold of.

Edit - and you'll only get a week or so out of your keg.

I acquired a Heineken Blade thing a while back there from a pub that was closing down. It was class but they are fucking expensive to buy new and the kegs take up your whole fridge to pre chill so sold it. 

If you drink beer a real ale pump can be picked up with a cask kit for about £120 then you can buy mini casks from various real ale brewers cheap as chips. I know the Mor brewery down here sell to the public at pub prices. Not any good if you like lager though.

32 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

https://www.brewfitt.com/shop/mobile-dispense/lindr-pygmy-20k-uk-plug-1-tap.html

Buy from these chaps. You'll get after sales support. That site worries me with the "import from EU" taxes.

I can vouch for the Lindr machines, they are excellent and you genuinely will save money in the long run as you can buy at pub prices. The only fuck about will be your keg connector, there are several different types and the American imports can be a cunt to get a hold of.

Cheers man. Good to hear that the machines are decent. Seemed ideal as it saves fuvking about with gas and that. 

Planning on using it with keykegs, which seems pretty simple. Came get a huge choice of beers in keykegs too. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cheers man. Good to hear that the machines are decent. Seemed ideal as it saves fuvking about with gas and that. 

Planning on using it with keykegs, which seems pretty simple. Came get a huge choice of beers in keykegs too. 

Aye they are top of the range. You can get a kit to use gas instead of the air compressor to get a bit longer out of your keg but that adds to the cost/fucking about.

You'll need to clean it but it's simple enough.  You'll just need a cleaning bottle.

15 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye they are top of the range. You can get a kit to use gas instead of the air compressor to get a bit longer out of your keg but that adds to the cost/fucking about.

You'll need to clean it but it's simple enough.  You'll just need a cleaning bottle.

From what I've been reading the keykegs last 4-6 weeks, so I'm not too worried about shelf-life. Good to know that I can add gas if i veer away from the keykegs. Ta. 

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

The only fuck about will be your keg connector, there are several different types and the American imports can be a cunt to get a hold of.

He will be alright, as he only needs a keykeg one. 

Aye getting a week out of kegs is a bit shit, but get quite a few 20L keykeg these days although normally stronger beers. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

From what I've been reading the keykegs last 4-6 weeks, so I'm not too worried about shelf-life. 

A lager would probably be pretty dull after a week. I store mine in a fridge when dispensing so probably keep better than with that machine. I had a Gose that still tasted good after 3 weeks. The stronger the beer the better it lasts. 

I only ever use mine if I’m having a decent amount of folk round. Otherwise I get bored o drinking the same shit anyway. 

You ken much about the prices of key kegs? Where you planning to source them from? 

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

A lager would probably be pretty dull after a week. I store mine in a fridge when dispensing so probably keep better than with that machine. I had a Gose that still tasted good after 3 weeks. The stronger the beer the better it lasts. 

I only ever use mine if I’m having a decent amount of folk round. Otherwise I get bored o drinking the same shit anyway. 

You ken much about the prices of key kegs? Where you planning to source them from? 

Really? That changes everything. The things I read (admittedly on the keykeg website...) said 3-4 weeks and I found a forum where people were saying up to 6. 

If it's only going to last a week or so, it's probably not worth it as I'm not going to drink 50 pints in a week lol. 

Just been looking on eebria. Obviously varies a lot depending on beer but there's heaps of beers I like around the £100-120 mark for 30l kegs. Anywhere else you'd recommend buying from? 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Really? That changes everything. The things I read (admittedly on the keykeg website...) said 3-4 weeks and I found a forum where people were saying up to 6. 

If it's only going to last a week or so, it's probably not worth it as I'm not going to drink 50 pints in a week lol. 

Just been looking on eebria. Obviously varies a lot depending on beer but there's heaps of beers I like around the £100-120 mark for 30l kegs. Anywhere else you'd recommend buying from? 

I said to you before man you'll be lucky to get a week. If you use gas you'll get a fortnight maybe.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I couldn’t comment on your set-up but not having the whole keg constantly chilled must effect it. 

Some beers would definitely last up to 6, but not many. I’d say a well hopped IPA would be fine for 3 weeks. It’s not going to get undrinkable but won’t taste super fresh and will start to get a little flatter after that.

Nah, eebria is the best. You can probably knock 5% off if you can source direct fae a brewery.  

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

I said to you before man you'll be lucky to get a week. If you use gas you'll get a fortnight maybe.

Nah keykegs are different. You aren’t putting oxygen into contact with the beer. I’ve had a Gose drinkable for a month, but after 3 weeks the freshness faded. 

You’re probably going to have to be drinking 16 pints a week, consistently for 3 weeks to make opening a keykeg worthwhile. And it’s the same beer. Hence why I only get them in for a party. Or lock down. 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Keykegs are totally different from traditional steel kegs though. 

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I couldn’t comment on your set-up but not having the whole keg constantly chilled must effect it. 

Some beers would definitely last up to 6, but not many. I’d say a well hopped IPA would be fine for 3 weeks. It’s not going to get undrinkable but won’t taste super fresh and will start to get a little flatter after that.

Nah, eebria is the best. You can probably knock 5% off if you can source direct fae a brewery.  

My plan was that I'd disconnect the keykeg and refrigerate it when it's not in use. That'd help keep it fresh. One of the few things I can't seem to find info on though is if you can disconnect and reconnect the keykegs though. You any idea?