Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

Great performance and some of the attacking play and one touch football was a joy to watch at times.

Maybe a minor point in the scheme of things but it annoyed me how much time wasting we were clearly doing at 3-1 and 4-1 up. 

I get why they were doing it, game management etc etc but I want to see us going for the kill in these situations. We were completely on top and could have chalked up a thrashing

Just now, JakieBastard said:

Great performance and some of the attacking play and one touch football was a joy to watch at times.

Maybe a minor point in the scheme of things but it annoyed me how much time wasting we were clearly doing at 3-1 and 4-1 up. 

I get why they were doing it, game management etc etc but I want to see us going for the kill in these situations. We were completely on top and could have chalked up a thrashing

I literally didn't see any attempts at time wasting

Quote the opposite,  it was refreshing that we kept going 

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Should Saints have had a pen when Brown and Power collided second half? I thought it was watching it live in the RDS, haven’t seen any replays and it was ignored on Sportscene

There's no doubt some refs would have given it.

In Brown's favour, he tried to get his leg out the way immediately. On the other hand, there was definite contact. 

If it had happened up the other end of the park we would all have been disappointed if it wasn't given

1 hour ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Saw it on the Red TV live, could easily have been given

Collum surprised me there, but evened it up later on

Are you talking about when Jenks got barged over?

It’s seems an unwritten rule in football that it has to be “more” of a foul in the box to get the decision than it does anywhere else.

… Unless of course you’re Beaton, Dallas, McLean or Madden at Ibrox. 

Wednesday was JET"s first start since September and he is maybe just beginning to get back into his stride again.Maybe a bit harsh to call him lazy,that is his style . I thought he was man of the match in the hour he played today and was then surprisingly taken off.  I enjoyed watching him  and hope we persevere with him.He is an entertainer and a luxury worth encouraging.We are basically playing with four forwards when he plays which is great to see.

29 minutes ago, graham said:

JET is a riddle, wrapped up in a mystery,inside an enigma. Some of his flicks and skills and silky touches today were sublime.He is also one of the laziest , most lackadaisical footballers I have ever seen.

Play him from the start, go 2 goals up then take him off. I'd happily do that for the rest of the season. 

24 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Play him from the start, go 2 goals up then take him off. I'd happily do that for the rest of the season. 

He was on a different level to every one else first half.  All his flicks and tricks came off and they couldn't deal with him physically on the ball.  I was pleased for the big guy. 

It was also the right decision to take him off when he did though as we needed extra legs in midfield by that point. 

But Jet was the difference in the first half. 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was on a different level to every one else first half.  All his flicks and tricks came off and they couldn't deal with him physically on the ball.  I was pleased for the big guy. 

It was also the right decision to take him off when he did though as we needed extra legs in midfield by that point. 

But Jet was the difference in the first half. 

A class act first half,agree wholeheartedly.

Good result and very happy with 6 points and 6 goals from two games, my expectation was a mere 1 point from 6 so very happy with that.

Bit of concern that I still have is the way we continue to let teams get into the game, St Mirren's goal yesterday was always going to happen and I think most of us could see that coming a mile away, very pleasing how we responded, but we need to cut that sort of stuff out and keep the momentum going for 90 minutes, if we can do that then the future is starting to look a bit brighter than it had been of late.

Some of the best free flowing football I have seen from the dons in a long time was played at times yesterday, that's the sort of performance and style of play we need to keep going with for 90 minutes, Glass an co, over you.

SF

6 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Good result and very happy with 6 points and 6 goals from two games, my expectation was a mere 1 point from 6 so very happy with that.

Bit of concern that I still have is the way we continue to let teams get into the game, St Mirren's goal yesterday was always going to happen and I think most of us could see that coming a mile away, very pleasing how we responded, but we need to cut that sort of stuff out and keep the momentum going for 90 minutes, if we can do that then the future is starting to look a bit brighter than it had been of late.

Some of the best free flowing football I have seen from the dons in a long time was played at times yesterday, that's the sort of performance and style of play we need to keep going with for 90 minutes, Glass an co, over you.

SF

I think we're going to have to accept that by getting more open attacking football that teams will have periods of good play against us. 

That gage yesterday was great, especially first half. Both teams just going for it. Brilliant. 

Jet is lazy but he's definitely got something about him. 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

I think we're going to have to accept that by getting more open attacking football that teams will have periods of good play against us. 

That gage yesterday was great, especially first half. Both teams just going for it. Brilliant. 

Jet is lazy but he's definitely got something about him. 

I don't really know what to think about Jet, as you say he has something about him, and at times he does show some much needed arrogance about him, that little pass through to Watkins in their box yesterday when he was clearly looking the other way, confused the fuck out of the defender, brilliant from the lad, he does appear to be lazy at times as you say.

Thought at the time we signed him he was going to be another Stevie May, Clitoris Main type signing meaning he was signed by us after he had had a decent game or two against us, and once signed delivered the square root of sweet fuk all, thought Jet was going to be the same but thankfully he is not, he Don't think he will ever be the first name down on the team sheet, but when we pay with a front 4 again I think he should be a part of that as it seems to work for him.
SF and COYR