Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

There’s definitely something to work with here. There is also times we look terrible. 

Hedges, Ramirez and Watkins are a good front 3 at this level. Not sure we can carry JET next to them though. 

Jet has been good the last two games but don’t think you can play him alongside the other three in a game Aberdeen don’t dominate possession

Jenks done well when he came which was a positive

Just now, BonnieDon said:

Bates was brilliant again. Ramirez and Watkins were superb.

Jenks made a difference when he came on. He looks a good player. Lots of pace, height and technically good. Alot to like with him.

Was just about to say the same certainly a useful asset I wouldn’t be shipping back down the road just yet. Samuels and longstaff on the other hand I’d let go to bring in someone else. 

Really hope this is a turning point in our season. We have 5 more games until the winter break, no reason why we can’t atleast win 4 of them and hopefully beat the huns to cap it off! Anywhere between 30-36 points come January and we will be right in mix for Europe. As I said a few months back it’s ridiculous how poor our league is that if you go on a good run you can be in the European places again having been absolutely garbage for 1/3 of season. 

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

There's going to be games where we can and he'll be a massive help to the team, unsure if we start him next week though, maybe need more of a 'worker' in the side for that game.

Absolutely. Was instrumental in us going well in front.  Had a cracking 60 mins. Rather that than a mediocre 90mins.

Sometimes you need that extra attacking player on the pitch. 

Only seen the second half when already 3-1 up. Thought we started a bit slow but when we clicked we were really good in with some of the one touch passing. Ramirez and bates were really good brown ferguson solid in the middle. Jenks did really good for the 4th goal dont think he is as bad as dons said on here. 
And ojo is still crap 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think today has absolutely guaranteed Stephen Glass gets the January window now & see how we improve things from there. 

Probably correct but let's wait to see what happens in the next 2 away matches.

Both against sides who currently can't buy wins in the league so should be cause for optimism.

5 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Nit, dont agree, he played quite well I thought.

As I said only seen second half, from what I seen control aint the best which means he takes a touch to many inevitably ball goes backwards when he does get in the opposition’s box his cut back was crap. His cut backs were the same on Wednesday.
Maybe I’m just being picky n biased but still think he’s crap especially at right back could of just been spoiled watching ramsay at the start of the season 

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Every seems to give a fk when I comment on our losses. 
Thanks for caring enough to respond to this one though. Was beginning to feel lonely 

Talking about your bet. No one cares. It's the chat of a Dullard.

The cunt at work on a Monday who's always been let down by one team. The cunt you can't wait to get away from. The cunt who'll be boring cunts all day with that same shite chat. 

NO. ONE. CARES. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Talking about your bet. No one cares. It's the chat of a Dullard.

The cunt at work on a Monday who's always been let down by one team. The cunt you can't wait to get away from. The cunt who'll be boring cunts all day with that same shite chat. 

NO. ONE. CARES. 

Yet you keep going on about it. 
Glad you care enough to make your point & give a somewhat justified reasoning behind it.

Had I gotten all 4 results & £166k you would have cared a little more I am sure ?

1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

Where has this team been all year?

In transition. Some could see what was trying to be achieved.

We could and should have scored more. Starting to get a settled team and rhythm 

Hopefully kick on but I’m sure St Johnstone despite being in poor form will try to disrupt us next week.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hopefully kick on but I’m sure St Johnstone despite being in poor form will try to disrupt us next week.

Classic pundit talk that - "St Johnstone will try to disrupt us next week" - of course they'll be trying to beat us next week, that's the whole point in a game of football - they're hardly going to turn up and just let us win are they! 

It was a good performance in terrible conditions today, and a good scoreline. I'm not going to get too carried away though as we should be pummeling Livingston and St Mirren every time we play them, especially at the moment when they are both utterly hopeless. Will see how the next few games go. Good stuff today though! 

Great stuff today. First time we’ve scored 3 goals in the league this season, let alone 4. Defended really well when we had to, Bates was outstanding again, 3 really good performances this week.

We move onto St Johnstone now and have to bury them too.

St Mirren are not a bad team at all. Push their wing backs way up the park hugging the touch lines, and both saw plenty action.
Although didn’t realise that Jamie McGrath played today till I heard the after match analysis on the road home . Maybe better analysts than me can comment on his contributions, but I thought it was minimal.