Hibernian 1 - 0 Aberdeen

12 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Got to be Gallaghers last chance with us, been very underwhelming so far for a guy with spl experience. If he doesn’t buck up a January replacement required 

The January window will be interesting to see who we manage to move on and where we need to strengthen.

Although we’ve had defensive injury issues, I’d like cover for Ramirez

• Upvote 1
On 12/12/2021 at 10:59 AM, sooth_stander said:

Other than Gallagher in for McCrorie, I don’t see any other changes for this game.

As it should be. And that’s despite me watching an entire re-run of the St Johnstone game on BBC Alba - brutal game but, 3 points and a clean sheet.

Ramsay and McKenzie will get their opportunity soon enough.

Jenks for JET for me. 

5 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Jenks for JET for me. 

Possibly, we probably need a bit more energy against Hibs than JET gives us.

When we played against Hibs up at Pittodrie, the team was: -

ABERDEEN: Lewis, Bates, Gallagher (Longstaff 43), McCrorie, Ramsay (Hayes 30), Brown, Ferguson, Hedges, Ojo, Watkins (McGinn 78), Ramirez.

Can see it being very similar (although Hayes to remain in instead of Ramsay). Still leaves one spot for Jenks / JET to compete for in the coming week

5 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Looks like Hibs are going for a similar style as ourselves when recruiting a manager. I hope Scott Brown stays here to learn the ropes rather than jump into the hot seat at Easter Road. 

Big fee if he goes got a 3 year deal I think it was. Been one of our most influential players. If we want £500k+ for hedges then £5 million for Brown seems fair

I don't expect Brown to get the job but I'd have no problem releasing him to do it provided it was to be Hibs manager only. If he wanted to be player-manager then I'd be wanting a fee

Apparently Sir David and Steve Kean have ruled themselves out so it'll definitely be an external appointment

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't expect Brown to get the job but I'd have no problem releasing him to do it provided it was to be Hibs manager only. If he wanted to be player-manager then I'd be wanting a fee

Apparently Sir David and Steve Kean have ruled themselves out so it'll definitely be an external appointment

Away you go

Brown is a key player for us 

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Away you go

Brown is a key player for us 

What do you do if he just decides to retire?

EDIT....as I said before I don't think he's getting it so it's a moot point but if he retires from playing and takes a job as a manager elsewhere a week later I honestly have no idea if we'd be entitled to compensation or not

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What do you do if he just decides to retire?

EDIT....as I said before I don't think he's getting it so it's a moot point but if he retires from playing and takes a job as a manager elsewhere a week later I honestly have no idea if we'd be entitled to compensation or not

Come on, YOU must know, of all people!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Would Brown take the Hibs job, quite possibly but not yet I’d like to think

Brown would take the Hibs job, and let’s be honest and admit why wouldn’t he? He is wanting to be a manager and probably would make a decent one as players respect him at the moment which gives him a great start. 
He might even take Glass as his assistant along with Russell. 
Henry will look after things here until Cormack goes through another prawcess to decide on Henry anyway, with Gunn as his assistant. 
It will be a first in world football….being the manager’s boss and his assistant at the same time. Apaloo currently run’s the show at Aberdeen anyway.

49 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

sounds like Shaun Maloney is getting the Hibs job with Gary Caldwell as his assistant. Wonder if he will take over for the cup final or if his first game will be against us. 

Where are you seeing this other than on follow follow?

Hibs chief exec has confirmed that both Lennon and McInnes are "not in the running" but he doesn't mention any name other than to say they are "in talks with a preferred candidate"

EDIT.....just seen that The Sun are running with it