Hibernian 1 - 0 Aberdeen

38 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Maloney and Caldwell. Ha ha ha. 

Just two random ex player names out the inevitable Hibs / Celtic tombola for this joke club. 

Maloney with 47 Scottish caps and having been assistant manager of Belgium for 3 years.

Caldwell with 55 caps, having won every domestic trophy in Scotland and also an FA Cup winners medal

Robbie Neilson...1 Scotland cap and one Scottish Cup medal in the cheating years. 

I know who I'd rather have as manager. And it isn't the guy that uses spunk as a brylcreem substitute

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Maloney with 47 Scottish caps and having been assistant manager of Belgium for 3 years.

Caldwell with 55 caps, having won every domestic trophy in Scotland and also an FA Cup winners medal

Robbie Neilson...1 Scotland cap and one Scottish Cup medal in the cheating years. 

I know who I'd rather have as manager. And it isn't the guy that uses spunk as a brylcreem substitute

Personally , I’m quite happy that one of our main rivals have gambled on appointing someone with no experience of managing a squad of journeymen and an assistant who has so far failed spectacularly in management.  

They might turn out to be successful with Hibs but I wouldn’t be surprised if Maloney turns out to be another John Collins for them.

Im no fan of Robbie Neilson but he’s got a decent track record in management compared to the Maloney/ Caldwell dream team.

3 minutes ago, redone said:

Personally , I’m quite happy that one of our main rivals have gambled on appointing someone with no experience of managing a squad of journeymen and an assistant who has so far failed spectacularly in management.  

They might turn out to be successful with Hibs but I wouldn’t be surprised if Maloney turns out to be another John Collins for them.

Im no fan of Robbie Neilson but he’s got a decent track record in management compared to the Maloney/ Caldwell dream team.

Get them a trophy in the cabinet?

Belgium to Hibs is a pretty drastic drop off in quality for Maloney.

I’m sure he’ll arrive with grand ideas of implementing Belgiums training, tactics etc on the Hibs team but I doubt the players will be good enough to make me it work.

We can’t say anything though. He arrives at a Hibs with a far better pedigree than Glass had/has.

2 hours ago, redone said:

Possibly.  There’s plenty managers who have generally been regarded as having failed at a particular club , despite having managed to win a trophy with them..... Collins at Hibs being a prime example.

I think when they were languishing in the championship they would've quite liked the idea of the Collins team and the good players that were in it. 

3 hours ago, Eastcoastdon said:

Looking like a sell out for us going by availability online, anybody know how much we got? 

No idea but looks like they've opened another section now anyway. Don't think Hibs sold any home tickets for the other side of our stand, like they sometimes do, so persumably we could have had the rest of the stand had demand been there. 

10 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

It will be interesting to see about Maloney,  if he's a roaring success then the knowledge we spoke to him but went elsewhere Will be a kick in the nuts

Glass will get the better of Maloney. He beat him to our gaffer’s job because he was the better candidate. Maloney should be thankful to Dave Cormack for getting the Hibs job because it was Cormack who told Ron Gordon to appoint Maloney….that is true.

3 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Just saw his interview with STV. Sniffing like fuck, sounding like he was struggling to breathe. Must have some kind of blockage in his beak. 

I was really surprised when he said he had been reading the Hibs fan forums for tactical advice …..

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?355373-maloney-new-gaffer&p=6793668&viewfull=1#post6793668

?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Its a risly appointment imo.

3.5 year deal sounds crazy.

Hope he fails pronto and they've to pay him off.

Their appointments in the last decade of supposedly experienced managers in Fenlon, Butcher, Lennon, Heckingarse and Ross have pretty much all been disastrous (Lennon maybe pass marks but no more but ended badly for everyone). The only one in that period who was indubitably successful was Alan Stubbs. Who was a rookie manager

On that basis is Maloney really that much of a gamble? He'd have to be totally incompetent to get them relegated and I doubt he'd have lasted 3 years as Belgium assistant if he was that. He's also been learning in that time from one of the world's best managers. And I suspect he will now have enough contacts at the likes of Bruges, Genk and Anderlecht to get in some really good youngsters on loan as opposed to the shite that we seem to bring in from England most years

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Their appointments in the last decade of supposedly experienced managers in Fenlon, Butcher, Lennon, Heckingarse and Ross have pretty much all been disastrous (Lennon maybe pass marks but no more but ended badly for everyone). The only one in that period who was indubitably successful was Alan Stubbs. Who was a rookie manager

On that basis is Maloney really that much of a gamble? He'd have to be totally incompetent to get them relegated and I doubt he'd have lasted 3 years as Belgium assistant if he was that. He's also been learning in that time from one of the world's best managers. And I suspect he will now have enough contacts at the likes of Bruges, Genk and Anderlecht to get in some really good youngsters on loan as opposed to the shite that we seem to bring in from England most years

Will he get in youth Belgium players though?

His press conference was all about using their own youth

23 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Their appointments in the last decade of supposedly experienced managers in Fenlon, Butcher, Lennon, Heckingarse and Ross have pretty much all been disastrous (Lennon maybe pass marks but no more but ended badly for everyone). The only one in that period who was indubitably successful was Alan Stubbs. Who was a rookie manager

I’d say it’s highly debatable that Stubbs was successful. Their Scottish Cup win papered over a multitude of cracks. Under Stubbs , Hibs failed two seasons running to get promotion from the Championship. They didn’t even reach the final of the playoffs. And they lost a cup final to Ross County.