Ukraine

Ke1t

What do The Hat's political analysts reckon with the current Russian build-up?

Trying to bully NATO into bending over to their demands, or just going to go ahead and invade the whole country to establish a Russian-friendly regime regardless?

Vladolf keeps pushing with no push back, so mebbes he reckons he can just roll his tanks into Kiev without so much as a "How do you do", and an "I think you'll find that's MY parking space. "

Isn’t the Russian army a bit shit? I imagine them all to be using shit from the 70’s.

I like the way they push it with Europe, annoy us too much and we will switch off the gas taps. 

I don’t think they’re as much of a threat to Britain as the daily mail wants us to believe 

6 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Their cyber warfare/misinformation tactics are second to none - turning everyone against each other (look at Brexit, the Democrats and Rednecks in yanksville) 

Cunts get off with murdering their own on the streets of Britain too

Some boys the ruskies 

Amusing that all that media bluff about trump being pals with Putin was proven to be lies by the democrats. 

Trump was a laugh in an otherwise grim industry. 

Always surprises me when you see like Brazilian players playing in the Russian league. That can’t be an easy lifestyle 

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

If Putin invades, Winnie the Pooh will be in downtown Taipei within minutes.

Biden will still be reading “end of message” on teleprompters.

Well done getting him elected Kelt

Taiwan would put up a decent fight compared to the Ukraine. 

Don't think Putin will invade but it's probably not far off 50/50 depends how big of a distraction he needs from Covid etc. Don't think "the West" will do fuck all to try and stop him if he does. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

What do The Hat's political analysts reckon with the current Russian build-up?

Trying to bully NATO into bending over to their demands, or just going to go ahead and invade the whole country to establish a Russian-friendly regime regardless?

Vladolf keeps pushing with no push back, so mebbes he reckons he can just roll his tanks into Kiev without so much as a "How do you do", and an "I think you'll find that's MY parking space. "

Just flexing his muscles like pavement dancing. 

Not a chance he will properly invade Ukraine. Don’t believe everything the US media say. 

9 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Do you refer to the Falklands as Islas Malvinas?

And you're welcome, re Biden. The world's a safer place thanks, almost entirely, to me. 

? ?

In my younger years I worked in the hospital just along the road from Jocky Wilson's house (ex council, World Darts Champion twice but notoriously frugal with his cash)

His wife was Argentinian. Called Malvina. 

1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

If Putin does decide to invade, NATO and the West will fold pretty quick, leaving the Ukrainians to resist for a few days/weeks. And Russian occupation will be accepted, just like their annexation of Crimea was.

Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, so has no expectation of NATO involvement beyond supplying arms and training.  Not a case of folding, but of do we want to start a proper war in Europe over Ukraine?

Invading Ukraine puts Russian territory right on the border with four more NATO member states, though, and then Putin's more or less out of options unless he thinks his military is capable of fucking with the Big Boys. 

Wonder how much of a strain an occupation of Ukraine will put on the Russian economy. 

It's all very 1936 - 1938 right now... 

12 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

One thing interesting about Russia - packs of wild dogs all over the joint

i asked a geezer, so you just let them all run around like that ?

"Of course,  do you think we would kill them?  We are not inhumane"

Noticed that with the dogs... even in Moscow, where you'd think there'd be an effort to keep the packs of feral dogs to a minimum... they were roaming all over the place. 

I don't think it's anything to do with being humane, though, I just reckon they can't afford to hire dog catchers. 

1 minute ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

they're all pished by lunchtime, even the dog catchers

True that. 

Outside the apartments I was staying in, there was a green common area with swings and shit... every morning the feechies would be out there drinking their beers and doing chin ups and push ups. 

There are as many feechies as there are stray dogs. The dogs, at least, aren't getting pished as soon as they wake up. 

1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Bloody ledges. 

Loved it in them there Euros that went by when all them fit Russki military fuckers just hammered fuck out of fat Barry and his pals from the Red Lion in Winersh. 

They basically came in on a plane organised by a business man with links to the political elite. Proper hard cunts. 

Nice image to portray but your average Russian is an alchie who couldn’t fight sleep. 

Tough cunts are proper tough cunts over there however. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc

I see there’s shit going down in Kazakistan, no doubt Putin has something to do with it. Hopefully means the Dons avoid tricky Euro ties in Almaty and suchlike.