Ukraine

Ke1t

37 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Just dawned on me in my 40s that I will never have to force myself to go on one of those fucking things ever again.

It was quite the epiphany . 

Only ever went on them to appease pals or family members ( mainly my kids)

I hate the feeling before you go on them, the feeling during, and the feeling after.  Fucking hate the things. 

Hate Roller Coasters. 

If God had intended us to go on roller Coasters... he can fuck off. 

Accidentally went on the Expedition roller coaster one year... everybody's like, "Hey we should go to the Expedition, it's all about the Himalayas or somesuch" 

And I'm thinking, well, that sounds educational. 

So it starts off walking through this kind of cabin area with pictures and facts about the Himalayas or somesuch, with artefacts and the like, and then eventually you find yourself on the platform area, waiting for the train thingy to take you ON A FUCKING ROLLER COASTER!

Too late to back out, I strapped myself in and went on the one and only fucking roller coaster I ever went on. 

I'm sure it's probably the lamest, most tame roller coaster on the planet, but I'm not designed for that kind of shit. 

0/10 - Would not allow myself to be tricked into going on a roller coaster again. 

33 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Hate Roller Coasters. 

Accidentally went on the Expedition roller coaster one year... everybody's like, "Hey we should go to the Expedition, it's all about the Himalayas or somesuch" 

So it starts off walking through this kind of cabin area with pictures and facts about the Himalayas or somesuch, with artefacts and the like, and then eventually you find yourself on the platform area, waiting for the train thingy to take you ON A FUCKING ROLLER COASTER!

Too late to back out, I strapped myself in and went on the one and only fucking roller coaster I ever went on. 

I'm sure it's probably the lamest, most tame roller coaster on the planet, but I'm not designed for that kind of shit. 

0/10 - Would not allow myself to be tricked into going on a roller coaster again. 

Quite enjoyed that video. Cheers loon.

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Hate Roller Coasters. 

That things a laugh when it zoom you backwards. 

Not the worst though

10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Hate Roller Coasters. 

Haha you fucking faggot that’s a kids ride. I’ve been on it.

Rollercoasters are ace. Water parks are even better however.

36 years old and the day I decide I’m to old for rollercoasters etc will be a sad day. 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Couldn’t think of anything worse than going to Florida/ amusement parks. Loud yank crowds, why put yourself through it? 

Go in January, water parks are near empty with nae queues. Amusement parks a bit more busy but seems to be heaps of Brazilians. Your average Floiridan these days (certainly those who work in hospitality) are fae Puerto Rico or Cuba etc. 

Decent weather, good food (if you go to the right places), great craft beer. 

It's nae for everyone, and I wouldn't want every holiday to be that kind of experience but it's a nice change fae the Scottish winter. 

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

What percentage of folk at these parks have terminal illnesses and this is their fucking swan song?

Just count the number of bald kids being ushered to the front of the queue. 

I've always prefered the 'off the beaten track' kind of holidays to the package tour/sightseeing kind of holiday. 

Gets you into the occasional bit of a pickle type situation, but better that than the 'hours long human sardine tin' that is a trip to the top of the eiffel Tower, or trying to snatch a square metre of space on a beach in Torremolinos. 

8 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

* You can do both. 

** Where and when was your last holiday Kelt? You only seem to go to the woods to shag bears. 

* Obviously you can do both, I stated a personal preference, which isn't the same as saying, "You can't do both".

** Well, that's super nice of you to ask. Too few people on this board show an interest in other people's holidays and the like. 

We were in Scotland, England, and Wales just before Covid made international travel problematic/impossible.  I prefer the continent, but the wife insists we visit the old country, you know, to see the family and such. Also gives me a chance to see a couple of Dons matches. Usually we'll take wee trip to somewhere like France or Greece or the like, a holiday within a holiday, if you will. I like to say French words, so Paris has been a favourite destination in the past, though I'm certainly not fluent. "I hope my English is not as bad as your French" has been aimed at me by a Frenchie, in fact. Anyway, we were able to get to Edinburgh, London, Cardiff (Wife wanted Belfast inna, but I fucking hate Nornirn, so no), Stonehenge, Isle of Skye, that place that claims to be the dead centre of Britain, stayed at some hundreds of years old coach house, Hadrian's Wall, went up some mad track that ran for miles through the hills and dead ended at a sheep ... see... off the beaten track but also touristy... you can do both!

Since the Covid hit, of course, it's easier just to hang out at my property in the beautiful north of Michigan and have some friends up to stay, make it a bit of a shindig, so to speak. Also gives me a chance to get some personal projects done, which really has been a boon. 

And, of course, with the loon now attending thon International Baccalaureate school for the very, very clever, he's kinda expected to be doing work in the community to give him the best chance at attending the college of his choice in a few years... so he'll be spending time during the holidays teaching retards to sing, or helping kids at regular schools count above ten... that sort of thing. Looks terrific on an application, but does mean working trips around him hand-holding speds.   

How about yourself? 

Taken many international holidays the last couple of years, have you, or like me have you been kinda forced just to hang out at your vacation home till it all blows over? 

I don't shag bears unless I'm establishing dominance. 

Then I shag bears. 

9 hours ago, Ke1t said:

* Obviously you can do both, I stated a personal preference, which isn't the same as saying, "You can't do both".

** Well, that's super nice of you to ask. Too few people on this board show an interest in other people's holidays and the like. 

We were in Scotland, England, and Wales just before Covid made international travel problematic/impossible.  I prefer the continent, but the wife insists we visit the old country, you know, to see the family and such. Also gives me a chance to see a couple of Dons matches. Usually we'll take wee trip to somewhere like France or Greece or the like, a holiday within a holiday, if you will. I like to say French words, so Paris has been a favourite destination in the past, though I'm certainly not fluent. "I hope my English is not as bad as your French" has been aimed at me by a Frenchie, in fact. Anyway, we were able to get to Edinburgh, London, Cardiff (Wife wanted Belfast inna, but I fucking hate Nornirn, so no), Stonehenge, Isle of Skye, that place that claims to be the dead centre of Britain, stayed at some hundreds of years old coach house, Hadrian's Wall, went up some mad track that ran for miles through the hills and dead ended at a sheep ... see... off the beaten track but also touristy... you can do both!

Since the Covid hit, of course, it's easier just to hang out at my property in the beautiful north of Michigan and have some friends up to stay, make it a bit of a shindig, so to speak. Also gives me a chance to get some personal projects done, which really has been a boon. 

And, of course, with the loon now attending thon International Baccalaureate school for the very, very clever, he's kinda expected to be doing work in the community to give him the best chance at attending the college of his choice in a few years... so he'll be spending time during the holidays teaching retards to sing, or helping kids at regular schools count above ten... that sort of thing. Looks terrific on an application, but does mean working trips around him hand-holding speds.   

How about yourself? 

Taken many international holidays the last couple of years, have you, or like me have you been kinda forced just to hang out at your vacation home till it all blows over? 

I don't shag bears unless I'm establishing dominance. 

Then I shag bears. 

Not meaning to be a cunt and was just interested where you’d been fairly recently cause I remember you went Russia at one point. Edinburgh, Paris, Stonehenge and the Isle of Skye sounds very off the beaten track indeed. 

My last holiday was Knoydart it doesn’t have a road going to it had to walk in as the ferry wasn’t running for “tourists” at the end of the first lock down. Before that it was Florida, I had to work in the summer so covid etc have fucked travelling in the last two winters for me also. Also had nights out in various Scottish and English cities but wouldn’t call them holidays. 

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Not meaning to be a cunt and was just interested where you’d been fairly recently cause I remember you went Russia at one point. Edinburgh, Paris, Stonehenge and the Isle of Skye sounds very off the beaten track indeed. 

My last holiday was Knoydart it doesn’t have a road going to it had to walk in as the ferry wasn’t running for “tourists” at the end of the first lock down. Before that it was Florida, I had to work in the summer so covid etc have fucked travelling in the last two winters for me also. Also had nights out in various Scottish and English cities but wouldn’t call them holidays. 

Well, now of course those were the touristy areas :thumbup1:, but the hike into the hills along what was effectively an old cattle path near Hadrian's Wall that seemed to serve no purpose and literally dead-ended at a group of suspicious sheep, during which we encountered not another human being, was, ironically, along a beaten path. 

But our/my MO is usually to find a holiday destination and have a rough idea of where I'm going thereafter.  Sometimes we'll be at the Eiffel Tower with 10,000 other people jammed together, dozens of Subsaharan illegals demanding you buy their crap, which is shite, and sometimes we'll find ourselves stranded in a Russian forest in a thunderstorm, dressed for the Summer and no idea where we are, never mind where to go... the wife howling greetin' because she's drenched,  the heavy clay of the forest path has pulled her sandals off, and she's now walking barefoot through fuck knows where with the danger of hypothermia a very real threat. 

And while the latter is at least as shite as the former, it makes for better stories later. 

We do the touristy shite, we do the off the beaten track stuff... my preference is for the latter. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Maybe Judith Chalmers and Alan Wicker could take this to the holiday thread. 

Could never understand why Alan Whicker got medals from the Queen for his racist impression of the Chinese, but Peter Sellers got shit for his. 

Alan-Whicker-at-Buckingha-008.jpg?width=spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, now of course those were the touristy areas :thumbup1:, but the hike into the hills along what was effectively an old cattle path near Hadrian's Wall that seemed to serve no purpose and literally dead-ended at a group of suspicious sheep, during which we encountered not another human being, was, ironically, along a beaten path. 

But our/my MO is usually to find a holiday destination and have a rough idea of where I'm going thereafter.  Sometimes we'll be at the Eiffel Tower with 10,000 other people jammed together, dozens of Subsaharan illegals demanding you buy their crap, which is shite, and sometimes we'll find ourselves stranded in a Russian forest in a thunderstorm, dressed for the Summer and no idea where we are, never mind where to go... the wife howling greetin' because she's drenched,  the heavy clay of the forest path has pulled her sandals off, and she's now walking barefoot through fuck knows where with the danger of hypothermia a very real threat. 

And while the latter is at least as shite as the former, it makes for better stories later. 

We do the touristy shite, we do the off the beaten track stuff... my preference is for the latter. 

Is that the way she tells it at to friends tho or does she try and dress it up as a holiday “retreat”

14 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Is that the way she tells it at to friends tho or does she try and dress it up as a holiday “retreat”

I got shit about those fucking sandals for months. Whether they were or not, she plays it like they were her favourite pair of sandals ever, and because I was too tight to pay 5 quid for a taxi (which is true), those magnificent sandals are gone forever. 

• Haha 1