Ukraine

Ke1t

• 3 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc

I see there’s shit going down in Kazakistan, no doubt Putin has something to do with it. Hopefully means the Dons avoid tricky Euro ties in Almaty and suchlike.

22 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I see there’s shit going down in Kazakistan, no doubt Putin has something to do with it. Hopefully means the Dons avoid tricky Euro ties in Almaty and suchlike.

Kazakh security just murdering protesters in the streets en-mass... and people in the West want us to dispense with Democracy in favour of 'strong' leaders like Putin and Tokayev.

15 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

I've watched enough RT over the years to know Putin is a very reasonable man

And you'd never see Boris or Sleazy Joe boxing a kangaroo

?

Edit: Not laughing at you, but know enough people who do treat RT like some kind of legitimate news source. 

20 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Comrade Kelt.. i have all your bourgeoise western news channels on the decadent IPTV firestick 

Which ones do you recommend for legit news source

I use Associated Press, NPR, and until recently I also used Reuters, as my three main sources. 

Reuters has been dropped from my list of news sources, and replaced with Newsnation*. 

I'd also recommend Propublica. 

* I will say Newsnation's on thin ice, however. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NEM said:

The senile old git in the white house having to backtrack today on giving Putin the green light for a “minor incursion” into Ukraine ??‍♂️?

Conversely, this creates new avenues for de-escalation. 

If there's going to be a graduated response to the size of a Russian invasion, then that gives Putin options that don't involve rolling 100,00 russian troops onto the border with 4 more NATO countries. A scenario with a really, really bad potential for escalation beyond Ukranian borders. 

A limited invasion buys Ukraine time to build forces to the West with NATO supplies, and reduces the chances of a broader escalation. 

If the response to an limited attack are the exact same as a full-on invasion then there's no reason not to do a full on invasion. 

If the response to a limited invasion is reduced sanctions, and that will please the oligarchs in Russia, then it's entirely plausible that Russian forces halt at the Dniepr. 

I certainly wouldn't say it gives a 'green light' for anything, because Putin's going to do what Putin's going to do.

Personally I'd have already moved American armored divisions into Western Ukraine, because Putin, as bare-chested and alligator wrasslin' as he thinks he is, isn't stupid enough to think he can take on America on the battlefield. 

But that's me, I'm an aggressive gambler... Mr Vegas. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

Conversely, this creates new avenues for de-escalation. 

If there's going to be a graduated response to the size of a Russian invasion, then that gives Putin options that don't involve rolling 100,00 russian troops onto the border with 4 more NATO countries. A scenario with a really, really bad potential for escalation beyond Ukranian borders. 

A limited invasion buys Ukraine time to build forces to the West with NATO supplies, and reduces the chances of a broader escalation. 

If the response to an limited attack are the exact same as a full-on invasion then there's no reason not to do a full on invasion. 

If the response to a limited invasion is reduced sanctions, and that will please the oligarchs in Russia, then it's entirely plausible that Russian forces halt at the Dniepr. 

I certainly wouldn't say it gives a 'green light' for anything, because Putin's going to do what Putin's going to do.

Personally I'd have already moved American armored divisions into Western Ukraine, because Putin, as bare-chested and alligator wrasslin' as he thinks he is, isn't stupid enough to think he can take on America on the battlefield. 

But that's me, I'm an aggressive gambler... Mr Vegas. 

I’m not sure the Ukrainians would be happy to go all on black ?

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

I’m not sure the Ukrainians would be happy to go all on black ?

Their opinion pretty much counts for fuck all at this point. 

They're the drunk bird the two rapists are fighting over for first go... she doesn't get a say.

Stupid, drunk, about-to-get-raped-either-way slut. 

23 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Without Crimea/Ukraine russia has no naval access to the Mediterranean or the North Sea in winter as the northern passage freezes over. 

This is why they want to control this area. 

Spot on trying to control the seaports Ukraine have be it crimea and Donetsk, leaves them pretty cut off

41 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

Heard at afore..?‍☠️

I'm just going to say it's time Britain, France, and Germany invested heavily in military drone technology. 

Tanks are bollocks now... sitting targets from the 20th Century. 

That might also be driving Putin's mindset, because the wee skirmish in Ngorno-Karabakh recently showed the sheer vulnerability of tanks on the modern battlefield. 

And Putin has always been fair chuffed with his 20-30,000 tanks (of various design... literally including mothballed T-34s) and massed artillery. 

Their value on the modern battlefield is just about over. 

Putin's in a 'use it or lose it' situation with his shite Cold War military, and he doesn't have the money to compete.  

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm just going to say it's time Britain, France, and Germany invested heavily in military drone technology. 

That might also be driving Putin's mindset, because the wee skirmish in Ngorno-Karabakh recently showed the sheer vulnerability of tanks on the modern battlefield. 

And Putin has always been fair chuffed with his 20-30,000 tanks (of various design... literally including mothballed T-34s) and massed artillery. 

Putin's in a 'use it or lose it' situation with his shite Cold War military, and he doesn't have the money to compete.  

Yip . .Kelt?? ...we should of followed that first paragraph in 44....Werner von braun ..should o sent em Ost.. @frankie_mac's_4

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

? You've been in America too long Kelt.

Russia are just going to stroll in and take what they want while the world watches. The US will do nothing because they know China would probably invade Taiwan if Biden sent any troops over there. Which i doubt they could fight both at the same time, so safer to fight none.

Plus the rest of Europe will just agree Russia are out of order while secretly praying they aren't next.

2 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Russia are just going to stroll in and take what they want while the world watches. The US will do nothing because they know China would probably invade Taiwan if Biden sent any troops over there. Which i doubt they could fight both at the same time, so safer to fight none.

Plus the rest of Europe will just agree Russia are out of order while secretly praying they aren't next.

Biden doesn’t know what day of the week it is. Dottled auld fud.