Ukraine

Ke1t

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

So there's a bar open in Ukraine, in an area where there's no fighting, so the war is being exaggerated? 

Do you think your Joe Bloggs knows there's no fighting going on there right now?

That's in Kyiv which is constantly mentioned on the news and by news outlets. 

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Do you think your Joe Bloggs knows there's no fighting going on there right now?

That's in Kyiv which is constantly mentioned on the news and by news outlets. 

It does beg the question of why there is a cruise ship in Leith filled with Ukrainians if there are areas of Ukraine where life is carrying on as normal.

Fuck it, the more the merrier I say.

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

It does beg the question of why there is a cruise ship in Leith filled with Ukrainians if there are areas of Ukraine where life is carrying on as normal.

Fuck it, the more the merrier I say.

I guess the argument there is that Kyiv could come under attack. 

But, who knows? 

Seems to be a pretty liveable place atm. I think if you asked the Ukrainians on the ship most of them would rather be at home. 

18 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62804825

??

clearly some of these energy companies aren’t happy with the bad press today. Call in the media, divert. 

BAD GUYS ARE JOINING TOGETHER THIS IS THE REAL BAD NEWS FOR YOU, NEVER MIND BEING POOR, THERES AN EVIL ALLIANCE

North Korea has been supplying Putin with weapons for years. 

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62804825

??

clearly some of these energy companies aren’t happy with the bad press today. Call in the media, divert. 

BAD GUYS ARE JOINING TOGETHER THIS IS THE REAL BAD NEWS FOR YOU, NEVER MIND BEING POOR, THERES AN EVIL ALLIANCE

Thing with that is, to anyone with a crumb of understanding on NKs relationship with America/the west, it's a non story. Of course they are. As sure as we'd supply weapons to America if they were at war, as we have. 

But your average person views NK as some sort of scary, terrifying place ran by a total psycho, like a movie villain. This helps people question less why so much of taxpayer money is being given to a seemingly pointless war with no end in sight. 

Smart propaganda. A simple statement of fact, with many connotations. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

But your average person views NK as some sort of scary, terrifying place ran by a total psycho, like a movie villain. This helps people question less why so much of taxpayer money is being given to a seemingly pointless war with no end in sight. 

Aren't you average? Or are you the world's most enlightened fucking tea lady? Stop posting shite about innocent people fighting for their democracy, when you are so ill informed. 

No end in sight, they have made material progress in just the last couple of days. 

You are fucking drain on the nations finance, so I wouldn't' worry too much where the taxpayers money goes. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3
44 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Aren't you average? Or are you the world's most enlightened fucking tea lady? Stop posting shite about innocent people fighting for their democracy, when you are so ill informed. 

No end in sight, they have made material progress in just the last couple of days. 

You are fucking drain on the nations finance, so I wouldn't' worry too much where the taxpayers money goes. 

I am an average person, but your even more average person than I thinks it's bedlam 24/7 over there, largely cause of the shite they are fed. 

I've maintained as well that Ukrainians have a right to defend their nation, I just think much if the coverage is a pile of shit and some of the noises coming from the Ukrainian government, are pretty shit. 

Specifically, what about what I've said re this war is ill informed? 

Is everyone fighting for Ukraine innocent? That's a bit of a stupid view, considering there are literal Nazis defending the nation who've undoubtedly committed war crimes every bit as heinous as their Russian counterparts. 

What material progress is that? Where are you getting this information? 

How am I a drain on the nations finances? I work a full time job and pay taxes, like every cunt else. 

What a petulant and strange outburst. Just hurling nonsense at me hoping some of it sticks. 

Pretty grim. 

14 hours ago, CCB III said:

1.) I am an average person, but your even more average person than I thinks it's bedlam 24/7 over there, largely cause of the shite they are fed. 

2.) I've maintained as well that Ukrainians have a right to defend their nation, I just think much if the coverage is a pile of shit and some of the noises coming from the Ukrainian government, are pretty shit. 

3.)Specifically, what about what I've said re this war is ill informed? 

4.)Is everyone fighting for Ukraine innocent? That's a bit of a stupid view, considering there are literal Nazis defending the nation who've undoubtedly committed war crimes every bit as heinous as their Russian counterparts. 

5.) What material progress is that? Where are you getting this information? 

6.) How am I a drain on the nations finances? I work a full time job and pay taxes, like every cunt else. 

7.) What a petulant and strange outburst. Just hurling nonsense at me hoping some of it sticks. 

8.) Pretty grim. 

1. Well I'm ever so sorry, never knew we were discussing mean, median and mode. 

2. The coverage and 'noises' are a pile of shit? Maybe try choosing a different news source, seeking out information for yourself. It's PR they are fighting a war not trying to sell you shit give them a break. 

3. Numerous things. See below.

4. Of course not, in an army of near a million people there's going to be some cunts. Just like their are thick cunts and right wing cunts on here. However, unlike the Russians, they haven't raped kids, castrated someone, raped thousands, forcefully deported kids, fucked around with a nuclear power plant, pretended to surrender then shot folk, bombed civilians, hospitals and schools, and murdered countless and countless civilians. 99.9% of the time Ukraine has applied by the laws of the Geneva convention. 

5. Telegram via Twitter, Russian reporting losses themselves from Karkhiv in the North to Kherson in the South. 

6. You don't pay enough tax (currently) to offset the costs (Healthcare, education etc) of the state to maintain your welfare. Dropping out of Uni twice would be particularly expensive for the taxpayers.

7. I like you, you're a good lad, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and listen to you speak shit about the most important conflict in our life time. 

8. Do you know how people always say, what would have you done when Hitler came to power and started taking control of places. Well this is our equivalent. What did you do when democracy in Eastern Europe, the EU, Nato was under threat? Well I stuck up for the megalomanic bare chested horse riding creep midget nazi cunt, because I'm so avant-garde I have to disagree with the establishment. Well, fucking well done you. 

22 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

1. Well I'm ever so sorry, never knew we were discussing mean, median and mode. 

2. The coverage and 'noises' are a pile of shit? Maybe try choosing a different news source, seeking out information for yourself. It's PR they are fighting a war not trying to sell you shit give them a break. 

3. Numerous things. See below.

4. Of course not, in an army of near a million people there's going to be some cunts. Just like their are thick cunts and right wing cunts on here. However, unlike the Russians, they haven't raped kids, castrated someone, raped thousands, forcefully deported kids, fucked around with a nuclear power plant, pretended to surrender then shot folk, bombed civilians, hospitals and schools, and murdered countless and countless civilians. 99.9% of the time Ukraine has applied by the laws of the Geneva convention. 

5. Telegram via Twitter, Russian reporting losses themselves from Karkhiv in the North to Kherson in the South. 

6. You don't pay enough tax (currently) to offset the costs (Healthcare, education etc) of the state to maintain your welfare. Dropping out of Uni twice would be particularly expensive for the taxpayers.

7. I like you, you're a good lad, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and listen to you speak shit about the most important conflict in our life time. 

8. Do you know how people always say, what would have you done when Hitler came to power and started taking control of places. Well this is our equivalent. What did you do when democracy in Eastern Europe, the EU, Nato was under threat? Well I stuck up for the megalomanic bare chested horse riding creep midget nazi cunt, because I'm so avant-garde I have to disagree with the establishment. Well, fucking well done you. 

1.) LOLS. 

2.) That's my point, I'm consuming MSM from here, and alternative news sources, some pro Russian and some pro Ukrainian, to provide a balanced opinion. My issue is that I feel that SOME western media is being made to report on things a certain way, as well as some organisations, like amnesty. A generally respected organisation that's now untrustworthy and here's the Washington Post to tell you why. You're not allowed to say ANYTHING disparaging regarding Ukraine because somehow that harms the war effort. My personal opinion is that not enough people from the western side of it want to broker peace, and they'll fund a war, causing misery to Ukrainian and Russian people. That's my concern, as always.

3.) Look forward to reading it. 

4.) I'm not defending the Russian army. I'm not in agreement with the invasion, I understand why it's happened, and think there needs to be a wider context provided, for sure. I'm not here defending Russia, or Putin, at all. I'm criticising our medias inability to allow a wider range of opinions, and therefore understanding, to be spoken about and considered, allowing people to come to a conclusion that isn't black and white. Them bad v Ukraine good. It's not like that, of course it isn't. How can you possible know it's 99.9% of the time? I've read numerous reports of suspected Russian sympathisers in more rural villages being tortured by Ukrainian soldiers. This is my thing with it, you're over there saying "THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING" when in reality it's very difficult to corroborate a great deal of it. That's for both sides, they are both propagandising for their own benefit, which is understandable, as it's war. I'm questioning the monolithic narrative of Good vs Evil, when I think there's fault on both sides. 

5.) Will check it out. 

6.) Don't use the NHS for very much, and have used it very little in my life. I'm not on welfare, either. Ok, dropping out of uni, what's the relevant point here? I don't earn enough to have an opinion? It's a totally irrelevant point you've chucked in there to assert some sort of supposed superiority. Quite sad, really. 

7.) I'm not speaking shit about it, though. I'm providing different analysis that isn't so western focused, not all of which I agree with, but much of which is to be considered when addressing the Disney cartoonish element of how this is portrayed by the WSMSM. 

8.) I've never once stuck up for VP and I never would. I don't condone the invasion and I don't think there's justification for it. My only assertion is that it's worth considering why it's ended up this way, in which the west is hugely at fault. It's not about disagreeing with the establishment, Putin is a fucking modern Tsar, he is the fucking establishment. You've just hurled all that baseless crap from absolutely nowhere. If it were up to me he'd be tried, along with most other American presidents and British PMs for war crimes and general scummery. 

NATO doesn't exist to protect democracy, it exists to protect American interests. The EU is an undemocratic organisation determined to further the spread of neoliberalism. 

And as for your point on Russia seeking to harm Western democracy, I don't disagree- Putin is a huge threat to that. But do you think the USA involvement in rigging the 2014 UKR election was them fighting for democracy? Or for their interests? 

This guy is good, verified, and intelligent. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Ok, dropping out of uni, what's the relevant point here? I don't earn enough to have an opinion? It's a totally irrelevant point you've chucked in there to assert some sort of supposed superiority. Quite sad, really. 

No in regards to the cost of education, I'm a sort of uni drop out too, never done my honours year. 

Just a little info about your "source" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grayzone

'It is known for misleading reporting[21] and sympathetic coverage of authoritarian regimes,[1][14][22] in addition to its denial of the Uyghur genocide.[26] The Grayzone has published conspiracy theories about VenezuelaXinjiangSyria, and other regions.[27][28]'

I think we can agree to disagree but I do respect your open-mindedness even if you haven't came to the same conclusions as myself.  

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Just a little info about your "source" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grayzone

'It is known for misleading reporting[21] and sympathetic coverage of authoritarian regimes,[1][14][22] in addition to its denial of the Uyghur genocide.[26] The Grayzone has published conspiracy theories about VenezuelaXinjiangSyria, and other regions.[27][28]'

I think we can agree to disagree but I do respect your open-mindedness even if you haven't came to the same conclusions as myself.  

Wikipedia isn't a great source of information, of course they'll be labelled as conspiracy theorists or lunatics for pointing out Western propaganda and imperialism.

Seriously, watch the video. Everything he mentions is sourced, and he very much is coming from a far left perspective, so isn't unbiased in that sense, he has his own agenda, as we all do. But that vid that I've posted there is worth a watch. Exposes some interesting contradictions. He's well researched and worth listening to IMO. Someone who uses Twitter, YouTube, FB or whatever to denounce western narratives is always going to be besmirched as a lunatic, his videos consistently get de-monitised as well. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233171 This is NBC news, even. Big tech will seek to delegitimise dissenters of the American narrative, it's in their interests to do so. 

Regarding the Uyghur genocide, that's largely contested, there's not one piece of pictorial evidence that aren't blurry air shots of various places in different seasons. That's not to say it isn't happening or didn't happen, it's just to say why would I believe something with minimal evidence, just anecdotal suggestions. 

This also begs the question @Redforever86 what do you consider to be reliable news? 

What media outlet is totally apolitical and without agenda? I'd argue that absolutely non are, which is why it's beneficial to get a wider range of perspectives and not just believe what the Telegraph, BBC, or the Guardian are telling us. 

Multipolarista/Greyzone and other such "fringe" sources of information will always be smeared because they aren't traditional, nor are they cosy to particular corporations or oligarchs etc. It's grassroots media funded by the public, as far as I can make out. 

In his videos he provides context and source, which can't be said for much of the traditionally consumed media. 

Just my take on it. Agree to disagree if you like, ultimately, as always, I want the minimal amount of human suffering, which I don't think can be said for our great Western leaders, or VP. 

Good to have different perspectives, min. 

51 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Regarding the Uyghur genocide, that's largely contested, there's not one piece of pictorial evidence that aren't blurry air shots of various places in different seasons. That's not to say it isn't happening or didn't happen, it's just to say why would I believe something with minimal evidence, just anecdotal suggestions. 

Replace "Uyghar" with "Holodomor" and you'd have got a Pulitzer for writing that in the good old days.