Ukraine

Ke1t

36 minutes ago, CCB III said:

This also begs the question @Redforever86 what do you consider to be reliable news? 

I mainly use twitter, folk translating telegram posts, and sharing videos is my main source, posts from both sides. There are then numerous people who map data, count vehicle losses, and previous military, academic and civil service people who comment on these things. I know plenty of it is propaganda, and fucking memes but you get the basic narrative of what is happening with some interesting bits through out. 

In terms of the local political situation, there is commentary on this and the odd interview with people who were in the occupied parts. 

In terms of the large political view and the macro economic situation it's all really propaganda, polling certainly shows that Ukrainians don't want the the Russians to be there, and in occupied parts the locals often comment that conditions under the DPR and LPR are terrible. That's good enough for me to support you Ukraine, that and the fact not supporting Ukraine is supporting Putin. 

Anyway in the scale of things I'm sure both of us are incredibly ill informed but the above is my opinion. 

44 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I mainly use twitter, folk translating telegram posts, and sharing videos is my main source, posts from both sides. There are then numerous people who map data, count vehicle losses, and previous military, academic and civil service people who comment on these things. I know plenty of it is propaganda, and fucking memes but you get the basic narrative of what is happening with some interesting bits through out. 

In terms of the local political situation, there is commentary on this and the odd interview with people who were in the occupied parts. 

In terms of the large political view and the macro economic situation it's all really propaganda, polling certainly shows that Ukrainians don't want the the Russians to be there, and in occupied parts the locals often comment that conditions under the DPR and LPR are terrible. That's good enough for me to support you Ukraine, that and the fact not supporting Ukraine is supporting Putin. 

Anyway in the scale of things I'm sure both of us are incredibly ill informed but the above is my opinion. 

Fair do's. Only issue of contention there is that "not supporting Ukraine is supporting Putin" quip. 

I support a peaceful resolution that results in as minimal deaths and suffering for both and all peoples. I don't think that's Putins aim either, so I can't say I agree that my stance on that would equate to support. 

Yeah, information action ratio on this topic is pretty really low, likewise with my POV, it's just my opinion. 

13 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Looks like the Ukrainians have decided to put up a fight. Lol if Putzo feels backed into a corner and reaches for the codes

I've said this before, do we just expect him to go "och well, be as well giving the whole thing a swerve"?

We're inviting at best financial ruin and at worst a nuclear disaster with all this. Give him a bit of Ukraine and tell him if he's not happy with that we'll invade them.

See how he likes that up his pumper.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

I've said this before, do we just expect him to go "och well, be as well giving the whole thing a swerve"?

We're inviting at best financial ruin and at worst a nuclear disaster with all this. Give him a bit of Ukraine and tell him if he's not happy with that we'll invade them.

Yeah? Against Kremlin? 

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

It takes more than just Putin to launch a nuke, if they even still work. 

Why don’t you offer half your garden to the nutter next door might sort out your neighbourly disputes.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/invest-in-the-future-of-ukraine-volodymyr-zelensky-stem-graduates-business-technology-sector-billions-partnerships-11662404585

Interested to see what comes of this, not too long after he's diminished rights pertaining to collective bargaining. 

It's already the poorest nation on earth, and this just seems like open season to pillage it for what little it has going for it. 

I hope my cynicism is unfounded, and the people of UKR aren't being sold down the river like this. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/invest-in-the-future-of-ukraine-volodymyr-zelensky-stem-graduates-business-technology-sector-billions-partnerships-11662404585

Interested to see what comes of this, not too long after he's diminished rights pertaining to collective bargaining. 

It's already the poorest nation on earth, and this just seems like open season to pillage it for what little it has going for it. 

I hope my cynicism is unfounded, and the people of UKR aren't being sold down the river like this. 

No danger.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Yeah he probably shouldn't encourage foreign investment after the devastation of war, you know like pretty much every other country in history. 

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yeah he probably shouldn't encourage foreign investment after the devastation of war, you know like pretty much every other country in history. 

Not to say don't encourage foreign investment, but to say don't sell your people out to it. 

He's essentially declaring open season neo liberalisation. 

So, Ukraines economy might grow a hell of an amount after the war, assuming a victory, but he's diminished the workers rights of collective bargaining, and is asking investment bankers to come and essentially seize his nations assets. 

Of course we won't know how it'll work out but it doesn't look promising for those already shafted peoples.