Ukraine

Ke1t

15 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Not to say don't encourage foreign investment, but to say don't sell your people out to it. 

He's essentially declaring open season neo liberalisation. 

So, Ukraines economy might grow a hell of an amount after the war, assuming a victory, but he's diminished the workers rights of collective bargaining, and is asking investment bankers to come and essentially seize his nations assets. 

Of course we won't know how it'll work out but it doesn't look promising for those already shafted peoples. 

No I have cameras. 

7 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Lichtenstein

Highest per Capita GDP 

Lichtenstein

That one 

Brilliant, 

ranked 155 out of 196 countries, the country that lost 301 million in 2019

that Liechtenstein 

there purchasing power is at 5 billion, britains is 3.3 trillion in comparison, although yes Liechtenstein was a bad example but because there own size, 50,000 residents, there country size and residents create a small window for ppp or gdp that skews the statistics somewhat. Although granted they are still doing particularly well in financial services and manufacturing, still way smaller than Ukraine is/was by ppp or gdp.

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-product/wheat/reporter/ukr

produce 40% of the worlds grain and cannot be included in there recent gdp figures seen as it’s locked up in silos and cannot get it out or trade. 40% of the worlds grain isn’t cheap, so no, certainly by money coming in they definately aren’t the poorest nation, doesn’t include mismanagement of moneys obviously not reaching there citizens, but who are we to talk, 6 biggest world economy with food banks and heat banks. Stats don’t tell you that.

Thousand square miles of Ukrainian territory back in the hands of the good guys, Russians fleeing and abandoning fucktons of heavy equipment. 

Saw one wounded Russian interviewed, says he was in naval logistics a couple of weeks ago before the Russkie military said, "Aye, you work in tanks now" and sent him to the front without a tank ?

Russian media calling for a full scale mobilisation. 

43 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Thousand square miles of Ukrainian territory back in the hands of the good guys, Russians fleeing and abandoning fucktons of heavy equipment. 

Saw one wounded Russian interviewed, says he was in naval logistics a couple of weeks ago before the Russkie military said, "Aye, you work in tanks now" and sent him to the front without a tank ?

Russian media calling for a full scale mobilisation. 

The Quarterback is toast?

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

produce 40% of the worlds grain and cannot be included in there recent gdp figures seen as it’s locked up in silos and cannot get it out or trade. 40% of the worlds grain isn’t cheap, so no, certainly by money coming in they definately aren’t the poorest nation, doesn’t include mismanagement of moneys obviously not reaching there citizens, but who are we to talk, 6 biggest world economy with food banks and heat banks. Stats don’t tell you that.

So, it's up for debate then? 

Ive looked at a few sources and not one has the same poorest European country ?

Doesn't take away from the point I was trying to make, already a poor nation. 

10 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Greece must be up there? The financial crash fucked them up big style.

Fuck knows. 

The Balkans are generally the gadjies who get it the worst. 

Not really had the opportunity for legacy money in their 30 years or so of independence. 

Ukraine appear to have willing sailed that ship now anyway. 

8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

What's  'legacy money'?  Never heard that before.

I've made it up on the spot. 

Because they've had such tumultuous existences as nations, being absorbed by the USSR, war blah blah, they've not had the chance as independent nations to build up wealth in the same way the EU nations or America/UK have. They don't have much power and have generally been used as political rag dolls, so a lack of stability has made it difficult to maintain industry and grow. 

Heaps of other factors I'm sure I'm missing out on. 

Boring myself now tho. 

23 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I've made it up on the spot. 

Because they've had such tumultuous existences as nations, being absorbed by the USSR, war blah blah, they've not had the chance as independent nations to build up wealth in the same way the EU nations or America/UK have. They don't have much power and have generally been used as political rag dolls, so a lack of stability has made it difficult to maintain industry and grow. 

Heaps of other factors I'm sure I'm missing out on. 

Boring myself now tho. 

"UK general government gross debt was £2,365.4 billion at the end of Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2022, equivalent to 99.6% of gross domestic product (GDP). "

2 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

Lichtenstein

Highest per Capita GDP 

Lichtenstein

That one 

Just as a side note, funny how 50,000 Liechtenstein people can have a sustainable and profitable future without any exports, and without  geographical minerals, oil and whiskey that the Scot’s have but 5million Scot’s cannot?, kind of puts that argument to bed doesn’t it, goodnight, sweet dreams

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Just as a side note, funny how 50,000 Liechtenstein people can have a sustainable and profitable future without any exports, and without  geographical minerals, oil and whiskey that the Scot’s have but 5million Scot’s cannot?, kind of puts that argument to bed doesn’t it, goodnight, sweet dreams

Scotland could succeed massively as an independent nation. 

Tourism, exports, geostrategic position, and energy (fossil and renewable), coupled with a relatively small population to support on the back of those assets would make for a dynamic state far in excess of its southern neighbour. 

Of course you'd need a better quality of people than currently inhabit Scotland in order to pull it off. 

Maybe hand Scotland over to the Ukrainians and deport the Scots to Russia. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, CCB III said:

So, it's up for debate then? 

Ive looked at a few sources and not one has the same poorest European country ?

Doesn't take away from the point I was trying to make, already a poor nation. 

Fair enough consi, was just saying that Ukraine is not the poorest nation by money coming in through the monopolisation of the worlds grain, it’s just impossible, Andorra de La Valle the capital of Andorra doesn’t make a 1000 of what Ukraine exports. Right now it’s as poor as it’s ever been so definitely debatable

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Scotland could succeed massively as an independent nation. 

Tourism, exports, geostrategic position, and energy (fossil and renewable), coupled with a relatively small population to support on the back of those assets would make for a dynamic state far in excess of its southern neighbour. 

Of course you'd need a better quality of people than currently inhabit Scotland in order to pull it off. 

Maybe hand Scotland over to the Ukrainians and deport the Scots to Russia. 

Spot on

also add whisky and most importantly, a source needed down south to live, especially with the global climate getting hotter, WATER.

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Spot on

also add whisky and most importantly, a source needed down south to live, especially with the global climate getting hotter, WATER.

Whisky would factor in with exports, and I think I pointed out a week or so ago that the vast majority (circa 90%) of the fresh water in the British Isles is held in Scotland. England is expected to suffer severe water shortages in coming decades, so the next natural resource to be raped from the Scots will be its freshwater reservoirs. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Whisky would factor in with exports, and I think I pointed out a week or so ago that the vast majority (circa 90%) of the fresh water in the British Isles is held in Scotland. England is expected to suffer severe water shortages in coming decades, so the next natural resource to be raped from the Scots will be its freshwater reservoirs. 

Aye it's great though because we have a new king and that.

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Nooooooo! This is a zombie stat that should be dead. They barely scrape into the top 10 wheat producing countries in the world, nevermind grains.

The reason they get mentioned is because they export(ed) a disproportionate amount of their wheat, so they produce a lot of the internationally traded wheat (not 40% though).

Note read the thread, so no idea what you were arguing about. Pedantry over. As you were.

54 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I am almost certain that we can’t be raped for water.

For the love of fuck you can’t tax rain.

You'd be incorrect in those assumptions, then. 

Water is a valuable natural resource, and becoming ever more valuable as the climate dries up. 

You can absolutely be taxed on it and you can absolutely be raped of it. 

The English toyed with 'privatising' Scottish water back in the 90s, but the plans fell through. Next time there won't be a choice.