Ukraine

Ke1t

Hopefully an end to all this soon. What a waste of life. 

Also, I'm hoping there's an end so cunts, myself included, can stop pretending to know for definite what's going on in a region we're thousands of miles from, and have little influence over. 

It's a complex geopolitical situation with a long back story. I want Ukraine to win and defend their right as a sovereign nation, on their own terms. My main issue with it is the idea presented to us in the media that Putin= bad and West= good. Which, of course in this instance is definitely the case, but a war doesn't start absent of context. 

My pal from Poland sent me a good article regarding this which had me rethinking how much I should or have to say on the war. 

https://freedomnews.org.uk/2022/03/04/fuck-leftist-westplaining/

Obv written from a leftist perspective but can be applied to people simply keeping up with the war and analysing it, as I have also done. 

A.) The liberal. Thinks in every geopolitical instance involving the USA, they are the just and moral side. Would've voted for war criminal Hillary Clinton a second time if they could've. Thinks Blair was the best Labour leader ever.  Rainbow stickers on the drones. 

B) The centrist  I.e we should hear out fascists. Doesn't understand that there might be complications in flooding guns to a region with a neo Nazi problem, and what that might mean after the war for Ukraine, and indeed, Ukrainian people. 

C) The far/neo-colonial right. Happy to allow USA/West to protect Ukraine, whilst supporting genocidal/oppressive regimes in Israel and Saudi Arabia. Works for corporate interests.

D.) The Disney Movie Watcher. Has almost no understanding of the context around the war other than Zelynsky is actually "quite cute" and Putin is like Ursula from the little mermaid, or Captain Hook in Peter Pan. Bad because bad. Hopes the good guys win. Has a yellow and blue Facebook photo. 

E.) The anti peace, peace lover. Will encourage Ukraine to fight on, supply with as many weapons as possible. Seeks to end conflict with as little dialogue as possible and the futile deaths of thousands of young men and women. Knows a war torn country with a malleable leader is prime time for western corporations. Claims to care about Ukrainian people but about to privatise them into an even poorer state than pre-war. Justifies American meddling in Ukrainian elections as like the liberal, they are the moral and just side. As always. 

A poor graphic to entertain those unwilling or not intelligent enough  to consider an alternative narrative. 

look at the dictionary definition of genocide.

It’s as broad as ‘killing members of an ethnic, racial or religious group’ 

Does that mean the uk committed genocide against the Taliban or ISIS (religious groups)? The US is currently funding ukraine to kill Russians. They’re paying for genocide

It’s a fancy word in the propaganda war against Russia in the need for having a bogeyman and projected fear in order to exploit profit from common people.

We know the media lie for the benefit of the establishment yet yous lap it up when you want too 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Redforever86 said:

We can agree to disagree then. Still sickening either way.

Oh, absolutely. 

Genocide seems to be when it's targeted to a specific ethnic or religious group, normally perpetrated in a civil war scenario? Like in Serbia with the Kosovans, or in Israel with the Palestinians and non white European Jews. That's my understanding, anyway. 

That's just str8 up sadistic war crimes. 

We'll never know the true extent of either side, you never do with war. 

6 hours ago, BitWait said:

They do . People in Donbas , Luhank and Crimea are around 80% ethnic Russian who were being shortchanged and discriminated against by ,Kiev for past twenty years at least. I worked with a guy who says his pensioner Mothers pension doubled after Russia took control in 2014..

Now now that doesn't fit the narrative