Out on loan or permanent this window?

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Alloa with Hun Ferguson no chance! At least Del has been slightly cleansed by the North Sea 

A club like Alloa would be good for Deano. He would learn a lot quicker as he would have to be dominant in the midfield. Good luck to him at Kilmarnock. Hope they are in that division for another season.

14 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

A club like Alloa would be good for Deano. He would learn a lot quicker as he would have to be dominant in the midfield. Good luck to him at Kilmarnock. Hope they are in that division for another season.

I agree about Alloa. He'll probably get a regular enough game at Killie but he still won't be considered a big name with big expectations there. And they're also the biggest club in the Championship now managed by a big name manager who have added considerable numbers to their squad since appointing McInnes. Enough that at least in theory should get them promoted comfortably without needing every player performing to 100% of his capabilities in every game. I still think it would be hilarious if they managed to fuck it up.

At Alloa or similar, he would have been a big fish in a small pond with big expectations. Taking games by the scruff of their neck is what he hasn't really done so far with us.

Anyway I'll reiterate my best wishes. Still hope he has a long term future at Pittodrie

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Deano should have been on loan a couple of years ago. 

Good luck lad 

Maybe so, but what I dont understand about this one is, OK so put Campbell out on loan to Killie for game time, yet we take a young player in on loan from timothy, who is possibly going to be a bench warmer (who knows) ok he plays left back or midfield positions that have both been covered by Campbell recently and where he has performed to a decent acceptable standard. So my point being instead of offering to help timothy we should be putting and thinking about our own youngsters first, this sends out the wrong message to the likes of McKenzie and other young hopefuls.

This whole transfer window has been a shambles and just stinks of shite.

Fk off Cormack 

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree about Alloa. He'll probably get a regular enough game at Killie but he still won't be considered a big name with big expectations there. And they're also the biggest club in the Championship now managed by a big name manager who have added considerable numbers to their squad since appointing McInnes. Enough that at least in theory should get them promoted comfortably without needing every player performing to 100% of his capabilities in every game. I still think it would be hilarious if they managed to fuck it up.

At Alloa or similar, he would have been a big fish in a small pond with big expectations. Taking games by the scruff of their neck is what he hasn't really done so far with us.

Anyway I'll reiterate my best wishes. Still hope he has a long term future at Pittodrie

Love to see Killie stay down and Arbroath come up. A new team to make things more interesting.

Agree with best wishes and hope Deon has a long term future with us.

5 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Maybe so, but what I dont understand about this one is, OK so put Campbell out on loan to Killie for game time, yet we take a young player in on loan from timothy, who is possibly going to be a bench warmer (who knows) ok he plays left back or midfield positions that have both been covered by Campbell recently and where he has performed to a decent acceptable standard. So my point being instead of offering to help timothy we should be putting and thinking about our own youngsters first, this sends out the wrong message to the likes of McKenzie and other young hopefuls.

This whole transfer window has been a shambles and just stinks of shite.

Fk off Cormack 

This is putting our youngster first. Campbell isn't going to start Week in week out for Aberdeen. Playing a few minutes her and there or 90 out of his natural position is no use to him.

He's needed this loan for a while and hopefully Dek gives him the games to push him on and he experiences success by winning the championship, even though I'd still like Arbroath to do it.

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

This is putting our youngster first. Campbell isn't going to start Week in week out for Aberdeen. Playing a few minutes her and there or 90 out of his natural position is no use to him.

He's needed this loan for a while and hopefully Dek gives him the games to push him on and he experiences success by winning the championship, even though I'd still like Arbroath to do it.

Agreed. Rather see guys go out on loan and play 90 mins week in week out then the odd start here or there. See also Ngwenya at Kelty, glad he's getting regualr minutes.

Slight concern re Barron as he wasnt in the sqaud last night (apparently COVID related). Hoping he will get decent game time with us as it would be pointless recalling him from Kelty where he did well only for him to sit on the bench for us (see Ethan Ross last season)