Out on loan or permanent this window?

I think Hedges will go.

I think we will probably lose either Ferguson OR Ramsay.

I think we will say goodbye to Longstaff and Samuels (Jenks will be kept as he seems to get some game time despite being guff)

I think we will try to offload Gurr, Devlin, McGinn, Kennedy and possibly McLennan and Campbell either permanently or on loan (but we will only be succesful in getting rid of maybe 3 of them).

That would be 7 players gone.

We will replace them with 2 more young players on loan (who will more than likely be just as crap), 2 players of reasonable calibre, and another 1 who will be a sort of squad player / bench filler. That would be 5 in.

We may also recall one or two young lads from their loans to bulk up the squad.

11 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think Hedges will go.

I think we will probably lose either Ferguson OR Ramsay.

I think we will say goodbye to Longstaff and Samuels (Jenks will be kept as he seems to get some game time despite being guff)

I think we will try to offload Gurr, Devlin, McGinn, Kennedy and possibly McLennan and Campbell either permanently or on loan (but we will only be succesful in getting rid of maybe 3 of them).

That would be 7 players gone.

We will replace them with 2 more young players on loan (who will more than likely be just as crap), 2 players of reasonable calibre, and another 1 who will be a sort of squad player / bench filler. That would be 5 in.

We may also recall one or two young lads from their loans to bulk up the squad.

Devlin remaining with us.

57 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Devlin remaining with us.

That boy will still be signing contracts with us til he's about 50 at this rate and he still won't have played a game.

This is his 5th season with us... he's played 0 times this season, twice last season and 19 games the season before (not sure how many were sub appearances). Obviously if a player gets injured they should still get paid as in any job, but giving a guy another contract when he's been unable to do his job for the last 2 years is utter madness. 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

Don’t see why. He is good when required. Far better than any of the players Glass has loaned IN.

Why the fk would we loan out a player that can do a fine job in most midfield positions & even FB when needed? Especially if we potentially lose likes of Ramsay, Ferguson &/or Hedges & ‘hopefully’ one or two, or all of the shite we loaned in.

McLennan for example out on loan would make sense & Kennedy (if we cannot get him off books) but not Campbell at this stage 

Yesterday again proved he is not good enough for the first team. His passing was gash. Put him out on loan or better still get rid completely.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Yesterday again proved he is not good enough for the first team. His passing was gash. Put him out on loan or better still get rid completely.

Matter of opinion really but he is far better than ANY of the shite we have on loan & also better than Ojo. So why send him on loan if we can’t get rid of ALL of those useless fkrs & replace them first?

We need to maybe look at promoting some of the youngsters currently out on loan; Hanratty, Ngenya, Barron, Duncan, Mykita, into the 1st team squad. Can’t see how they are any inferior to the likes of Gurr, Longstaff, Samuels or Jenks

Then look to send some of the U18s squad out on loan; Fatona, Harvey, Hancock and Towler. 

Ramsay apart, we seem to have got away from blooding our own youngsters, preferring to bring in loanees.

Was mentioned that Mowbray has been stationed primarily in Europe looking for new players. What a novelty that would be; bringing in the odd Dutchman or German

• Upvote 1
On 12/22/2021 at 8:04 AM, sooth_stander said:

I don’t know why anybody engages that  Red_John tit in conversation. Clearly a nae richter and got fiddled with as a youngster. Or maybe still is. Best ignored.

You engage in conversation at times ?

You have a lot of bitterness coming out of you….do you suffer from neglection? Go to your local soup kitchen where you will get a warm welcome and some hot food. Hopefully that will make you feel there is some people out there who will look out for you.  

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

We need to maybe look at promoting some of the youngsters currently out on loan; Hanratty, Ngenya, Barron, Duncan, Mykita, into the 1st team squad. Can’t see how they are any inferior to the likes of Gurr, Longstaff, Samuels or Jenks

Then look to send some of the U18s squad out on loan; Fatona, Harvey, Hancock and Towler. 

Ramsay apart, we seem to have got away from blooding our own youngsters, preferring to bring in loanees.

Was mentioned that Mowbray has been stationed primarily in Europe looking for new players. What a novelty that would be; bringing in the odd Dutchman or German

I dont know if I can take another window of signing majority of players from Scotland or lower leagues in England, our success rate simply isn't good enough from these markets in the past. The possibility of signing foreign players would be exciting.

• Upvote 1
Just now, slippers said:

I dont know if I can take another window of signing majority of players from Scotland or lower leagues in England, our success rate simply isn't good enough from these markets in the past. The possibility of signing foreign players would be exciting.

A genuinely exciting attacking player coming through our own ranks would be the shot in the arm that the club needs. 

A forward playing equivalent of  Ramsay if you like. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Matter of opinion really but he is far better than ANY of the shite we have on loan & also better than Ojo. So why send him on loan if we can’t get rid of ALL of those useless fkrs & replace them first?

Agreed, a matter of opinion. I concur with your assessment of our loan signings though. We should also punt McLennan who was missing in action when he came on yesterday. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, slippers said:

Totally agree. We need to broaden our horizons if we want to succeed. Signing players from dross Scottish and English teams should be disregarded. We are desperate for proper football players. We really struggle being imaginative enough in the last third. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Agree. Just play the AFC youngsters over this pish. Tried and tested to be bang average. Success rate is poor and anyone who is any good just immediately wants back down to England.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:40 PM, Dave Bus said:

Agree. Just play the AFC youngsters over this pish. Tried and tested to be bang average. Success rate is poor and anyone who is any good just immediately wants back down to England.

I agree with playing youth, but they also need to keep vets around. 4th place is still possible this year. But we've also had horrible spells that could be an issue for a club not all that far the bottom either.

12 hours ago, AllyDon said:

No new contract for Devlin yet. Current deal runs to end January. Had plate removed in ankle and club waiting to see how recovery goes. 

Currently self isolating at Scott Brown's house with Covid.

Sometimes you gotta take out the trash. Moves need to be made this winter.

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I agree with playing youth, but they also need to keep vets around. 4th place is still possible this year. But we've also had horrible spells that could be an issue for a club not all that far the bottom either.

Is that in case the clubs dog gets ill?.

5 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Sometimes you gotta take out the trash. Moves need to be made this winter.

Mikey has been really unlucky with injuries. A small foot fracture being missed caused far more damage in the long run for him. 

He is well liked at the club and the club/Glass are both keen to give him every opportunity to get fit. 

Working hard in the gym over Christmas but getting Covid dosn't help.

2 hours ago, AllyDon said:

Mikey has been really unlucky with injuries. A small foot fracture being missed caused far more damage in the long run for him. 

He is well liked at the club and the club/Glass are both keen to give him every opportunity to get fit. 

Working hard in the gym over Christmas but getting Covid dosn't help.

Agreed. Sure doesn't help the club.