Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

8 minutes ago, DodgyKeeper said:

I see David Robertson's spoken about his move in 1991. - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/david-robertson-leaving-aberdeen-rangers-22783508

"Obviously if things were a little bit different, I might have ended up playing longer at Aberdeen."

Sad if true - if we lost Robertson because of our grippit attitude not even letting him use a spare car. 

Robertson and laterly Stephen Wright were two fantastic players for the Dons.  Both huge losses to the club.  You could maybe understand Wright leaving but Robertson was born and bred i think that is a sore one for the fans to take.

Money or no money me personally i'd never ever of moved to my rivals.  

20 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Robertson and laterly Stephen Wright were two fantastic players for the Dons.  Both huge losses to the club.  You could maybe understand Wright leaving but Robertson was born and bred i think that is a sore one for the fans to take.

Money or no money me personally i'd never ever of moved to my rivals.  

Robertson has been on many a Dons podcast this last year or so and hearing his side of the story, does look like the AFC board wanted to cash in on him. Just wanted a sponsored car, like what even some reserves were getting and he’d have signed on again.

Maybe I’m getting  mellow in my old age but he comes across as a decent fella, in fact it’s amazing listening to him the complete lack of confidence that he had in himself, throughout his entire career.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Robertson has been on many a Dons podcast this last year or so and hearing his side of the story, does look like the AFC board wanted to cash in on him. Just wanted a sponsored car, like what even some reserves were getting and he’d have signed on again.

Maybe I’m getting  mellow in my old age but he comes across as a decent fella, in fact it’s amazing listening to him the complete lack of confidence that he had in himself, throughout his entire career.

Fuck the Judas hun rat - if he wanted to leave he could have went anywhere but them.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2