Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

One thing that’s not been picked up on is how far out the picture Declan Gallacher is.

Even when Ramsay went off, he left him (the only natural defender) on the bench.

McCrorie to right back & Gallagher in the middle would’ve been the sub in the early part of the season.

But Glass chose to play two players out of position at both full back positions & left him stewing. 

And when Considine is back I imagine he’ll be 4th choice. 

We should be looking to cut our losses on him in the summer I think. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One thing that’s not been picked up on is how far out the picture Declan Gallacher is.

Even when Ramsay went off, he left him (the only natural defender) on the bench.

McCrorie to right back & Gallagher in the middle would’ve been the sub in the early part of the season.

But Glass chose to play two players out of position at both full back positions & left him stewing. 

He’s probably not fully recovered from injury and to speed. If you don’t understand football then don’t lengthy posts of hilarious garbage. Honestly don’t know why some posters on here think they have the first clue about football

1 minute ago, Alex Ferguson said:

One off the post, another sclaff and running around like a headless chicken.  Another one for the highlights reel

Also had McGregor save at full stretch.

Other than the really frustrating sclaff at end that could have had him as the hero of night (& possibly taken the MOTM award from Hayes) he was fairly decent tbh. Definitely his best game for us & definitely the best of the 3 loans. Thank fk we seem to have kept the only one that has potential 

I'm amazed at the rave reviews Jenks is getting from some people.

100% the first 10 minutes he was off to a blistering start, great shot that hit the post and another half decent effort on target. After that I actually forgot he was on the pitch for the rest of the first half. He did absolutely nothing of significance whatsoever. Second half we got to about 65 mins and made our first change and I was sure it was going to be Jenks off because he didn't seem to be having any influence on the game at all. Ojo was criminally crap as well though so wasn't a massive surprise that he went off. The only other significant involvement I can recall from Jenks was him ballooning an effort miles over the bar from about 10 yards out right at the end.

What am I missing? I mean he runs around a bit and closes people down - Stevie May did that headless chicken thing too - that should be a given for any player - it doesn't make you excellent or mean you had a great game. What else did he do? I can't recall him making any great passes, doing any great bits of skill or anything. So basically 3 shots at goal - 1 great effort, 1 acceptable effort, and the easiest chance of all into row Z.

The DJ needs a bloody medal for the choice of song at HT 

I don't think I've ever seen a stand at a home game sing such vitriol. 

It brought a tear to my japseye 

31 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think you are correct about us cutting our losses in summer if we can. Might be easier said than done though....we signed him as a Scotland international and so won't have come cheap.

However I think tonight was just horses for courses.

I know McCrorie is fairly quick in central defender terms but putting him out to right back to face Kent , where he had given Ramsay a bit of a torrid time, I think he would have done even more so to McCrorie. 

And we couldnt shuffle any of McCrorie, Bates or Gallagher over to left back as they are all very right footed.

Hayes had the pace just about to cope with Kent. Campbell could just about cope with Wright/Sakala although I'm glad for whatever reason sevco chose not to try Tavernier bombing on against him

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He was out for weeks beforehand so not sure where this bottle crashing story (for us) came from

Indubitably his bottle DID crash at the 1990 World Cup though

Pretty sure it was a World Cup play off or final group match he was going to play in against Germany if memory serves, shat the bed and someone else played.

Great to be back in a rocking Pittodrie!

Best team drew (us).

Not sure we did enough to win as McGregor didn't do much apart from take out Hedges, but still a very good performance and if we'd connected with a few near things could easily have won.

I thought the tactics were bang on (although execution was often lacking ) and the changes worked despite not much on the bench to change a game.

Ojo was poor and deservedly subbed. Hedges wanted at least 2 touches too many and lost the ball almost every time.

Hayes put in a power of work and Brown was entertaining as fuck on the wind up.

Everyone else was pretty solid and worked well as a team. I can't remember us dominating the huns for so much of a game for ages.

COYR

13 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Best team drew (us).

Not sure we did enough to win as McGregor didn't do much apart from take out Hedges, but still a very good performance and if we'd connected with a few near things could easily have won.

I thought the tactics were bang on (although execution was often lacking ) and the changes worked despite not much on the bench to change a game.

Ojo was poor and deservedly subbed. Hedges wanted at least 2 touches too many and lost the ball almost every time.

Everyone else was pretty solid and worked well as a team. I can't remember us dominating the huns for so much of a game for ages.

COYR

Lewis one good save same as mcgregor. We hit post. Hard to say we deserved the win true, as we were own worst enemies rgds finishing & creating chances but if any team deserved the 3 points then it was us. Even if only on playing stats. 

More I see penalty the more I believe McGregor knew exactly what he was doing as he couldn’t get ball so left his legs to swing around & impede Hedges. Miss ball & prevent player running through & it’s a penalty. They would 100% have gotten it at other end. Especially if they were at home

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Lewis one good save same as mcgregor. We hit post. Hard to say we deserved the win true, as we were own worst enemies rgds finishing & creating chances but if any team deserved the 3 points then it was us. Even if only on playing stats. 

More I see penalty the more I believe McGregor knew exactly what he was doing as he couldn’t get ball so left his legs to swing around & impede Hedges. Miss ball & prevent player running through & it’s a penalty. They would 100% have gotten it at other end. Especially if they were at home

I've not seen a replay but looked like a blatant foul in real time. I wasn't sure if it was inside or out of the box from the angle in the Y. 

Either a penalty or a red was what it looked like.

Seems to split opinions,  but if it was one of a number of players other than Hedges, they take the hit and there's no debate  

Objectively though,  that type of incident could be an example of a non contact foul. Obviously reckless flying in from the keeper that the player has to dive out of the way to avoid. Ridiculous he can get away with it, contact or not.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Best team drew (us).

COYR

A few further observations.

That was a pretty shit Sevco team- either that or we negated them very well.

And that chorus of "You're not Rangers any more" in the first half must have been heard in half the front rooms and pubs in Scotland! ?

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I've not seen a replay but looked like a blatant foul in real time. I wasn't sure if it was inside or out of the box from the angle in the Y. 

Either a penalty or a red was what it looked like.

Seems to split opinions,  but if it was one of a number of players other than Hedges, they take the hit and there's no debate  

Objectively though,  that type of incident could be an example of a non contact foul. Obviously reckless flying in from the keeper that the player has to dive out of the way to avoid. Ridiculous he can get away with it, contact or not.

Correct. This much was obvious to many.

As for McLennan, as someone mentioned in previous pages, we would have been better putting Jet on for a chance of winning the game.

Could have went either way tremendous or shit.

With McLennan we pretty much knew which way it would go.

• Upvote 1