Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

58 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Correct. This much was obvious to many.

As for McLennan, as someone mentioned in previous pages, we would have been better putting Jet on for a chance of winning the game.

Could have went either way tremendous or shit.

With McLennan we pretty much knew which way it would go.

Slightly unfair on McLennan & overly generous to JET that.

Both are shite, do not get me wrong but McLennan has been useful a few times when brought on as sub & was probably why Glass went with him. 
I don’t think JET has enough credit in his account to even merit that but hindsight of McLennan last night is seeing JET being given false credit.

Personally I wouldn’t have brought on either of them. I would have probably given Barron a chance to impress over those pair 

9 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Be trying to work out a reason that we shouldn't have got the pen.

I thought at the moment it happened that it wasn't a pen. Having since seen replays during and after the match it was 100% a pen. Wasn't much contact, but there was contact and McGregor was out of control and nowhere near the ball.

The officials couldn't even get their story straight. Linesman says to Glass not enough contact and ref said McGregor didn't touch him.

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Jenks was brilliant. Can turn players easily, constant pressing and has a brilliant shot. Very good player.

Thought he played well enough.

Had a slow start in the first 5mins where he was easily brushed off the ball and lost possession, but after clipping the post with his shot and his other effort it seemed to settle him down and he contributed well to the collective effort.

Why the fk does Glass keep playing Ojo (a shit right footed player) on the left & plays Hedges (a mostly shit but sometimes good) left footed player on the right? 

Is this the type of thing he meant when he first came when he said he was going to do things ‘a little differently’ ?

None of the two of them can cross a ball with their weaker feet, so why the fk play them on their weaker sides? Is he expecting them to be scoring wordly volleys all the time so sacrifices their potential for actual assists?

34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

No idea why people are so downbeat about that game. 

Thats 2 games out of 2 we've been cheated out of all 3 points against them this season. 

I just think we are frustrated. Great atmosphere, team up for it, denied a penalty and they go up the pitch and score. Dominate possession and chances, but couldn’t force the winner (that McLennan miss at the end was criminal). 

Twice against der Hun this season we should have won. 

Fuck, even the stadium announcer got involved playing 911 at half-time (although he really should have followed with Sweet Caroline). 

I'd have taken a draw before the game considering their form coming into it, but ours hasn't been too bad either. However, the huns having a whole midfield missing hindered them massively and helped us dominate in the middle of the park.

It's just lacking that bit of creation for us. Someone who can thread a ball to split open a defence. As someone else said, the likes of a Christie type player would be ideal. Too often we were square pass, square pass, backwards as there wasn't the vision to make that forward pass. When we did move forward it was out to the wings where Hedges refused to take on his man and instead came back in on his left and just ran into trouble. Play this overrated shite out on the left please. And Ojo is never a wide left player or whatever position he was playing. It was his worst game in a while. Play him right back or centre midfield, nowhere else.

The ref got a lot wrong on the night. Saying McGregor didn't touch Hedges being the main one and being conned into sending of Kent being the other (I've no problem with that one by the way), but got the Morelos handball correct thankfully. 

McCrorie, Hayes, Bates, Brown, Ferguson and Ramirez were really good for us I thought. A shit tonne of effort put in by everyone, but they stood out to me.

Only negative was how we went to sleep after the McGregor/Hedges incident and they go straight up the other end and scored. 

I'd have taken the draw, but it feels like 2 points dropped.