Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Knee taking should have lasted a month at most to show a bit of solidarity as an anti racism effort.

But folk attend football matches to see football. And take the piss out of the opposition support

Just end it now fgs

I don't think it's the place of middle-aged white men ( @cheesepipes ) to tell young black men how long their anti-racism campaign should last. 

37 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Also got to say the booing of the knee from probably around 100' folk was really brutal. 

Can't take the moral high ground regarding their sectarianism and then pointlessly boo an anti racism stance. 

There is a strange, delusional right wing element in our support. Trump flags etc. Truly don't understand. 

Nothing right wing about it, it ran its course a long time ago.  Maybe they could do it once a year like pancake day?

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

lol

Directing hatred towards the opposition team - fine. 

Directing it towards an anti racism message- bizarre. The least offensive part about them last night was taking the knee. 

It's like the Rangers fans singing about the Pope etc, what relevance does that have to being in Aberdeen on a Tuesday night? I'd rather they made up a ditty about Neale Cooper or something, it's actually relevant. 

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Knee taking should have lasted a month at most to show a bit of solidarity as an anti racism effort.

But folk attend football matches to see football. And take the piss out of the opposition support

Just end it now fgs

Nonsense. Why does there need to be a timeframe on it? It's a sign of support (which takes 5 seconds before kick-off) for an ongoing issue within the game and around the world. 

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Nothing right wing about it, it ran its course a long time ago.  Maybe they could do it once a year like pancake day?

Ok, people can think it's pointless now. 

Booing it? why? 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't think it's the place of middle-aged white men ( @cheesepipes ) to tell young black men how long their anti-racism campaign should last. 

Of course it is because TC had the hardest childhood and now all the kids have iPhones or something and blah blah blah

I prefer to direct my anger at huns. 

Not anti racism messages. 

My brain is doing that mad thing. Where I'm holding two thoughts in it, at the same time. 

I don't know what to do.

5 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Cause its a game of footy not a fucking political debate.  Folk are no doubt thinking its a bit long in the tooth like Last of the Summer wine was

But being anti racist should surely cross political divides? Unless you're suggesting certain political leanings make one more likely to be racist?

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Directing hatred towards the opposition team - fine. 

Directing it towards an anti racism message- bizarre. The least offensive part about them last night was taking the knee. 

It's like the Rangers fans singing about the Pope etc, what relevance does that have to being in Aberdeen on a Tuesday night? I'd rather they made up a ditty about Neale Cooper or something, it's actually relevant. 

Who put you in charge of deciding what's fine or not?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But being anti racist should surely cross political divides? Unless you're suggesting certain political leanings make one more likely to be racist?

I agree.  But no need to do it every game nearly 16 month down the line. I think people have got the message. Anyone that hasn't is obviously not going to change now.  

18 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One can be anti racist, and yet not approve of a specific gesture or action. Two thoughts at the same time.

Just now, Ramandu said:

One can be anti racist, and yet not approve of a specific gesture or action. Two thoughts at the same time.

And that's fine. 

But why boo it? What are you booing? The physical act of taking the knee?

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And that's fine. 

But why boo it? What are you booing? The physical act of taking the knee?

I didn't boo it (and never have done). But at football matches people tend to boo things to show disapproval. Are you saying we're allowed to disprove but not too express disapproval?

1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

I didn't boo it (and never have done). But at football matches people tend to boo things to show disapproval. Are you saying we're allowed to disprove but not too express disapproval?

They are allowed to? I'm questioning the reason why. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Also got to say the booing of the knee from probably around 100' folk was really brutal. 

Can't take the moral high ground regarding their sectarianism and then pointlessly boo an anti racism stance. 

There is a strange, delusional right wing element in our support. Trump flags etc. Truly don't understand. 

That was the anti vaxers who were stood on Merkland Road before the game...

27 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Never heard the booing given the ridiculous operation happening outside.

Would have been raging if I was at the back of that queue. Wouldn't be surprised if some folk missed first 15 mins. All to check a bit of paper which was probably a lot of shite. Mine was. Used my pals.

The anti vaxxers at the top of merkland road took a fair amount of abuse from some fans. Was a bit harsh but unsure how they could be arsed cause I'm sure the verbal bashing wasn't worth it.

Some fans were complete cunts to them. 

Anti-vaxxers doing what? 

30 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Personally applaud sportsmen doing it. My point is its went on to long now.   

Why does it have to have a timeframe?

It's not a wee gesture to show support for a local cause, it's literally about people being murdered and abused around the world due to the colour of their skin.

13 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

That was the anti vaxers who were stood on Merkland Road before the game...

It'll be that new communist world order I keep hearing about

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

They are allowed to? I'm questioning the reason why. 

I'm not getting into that argument here on a work day. Plus it's probably been covered a hundred times elsewhere on here. I'm uncomfortable with some aspects of the gesture, but live and let live, I won't be booing.