Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

43 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

It was ineffective years ago when it was trialled with better players than we have. So, no, I shan’t

Well, that’s your prerogative I guess.

I personally am far more enjoying the football this year than I was in the last couple of years under McInnes.

can we be better? Can we improve? Of course. The signs are there though

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Couldn't be arsed reading the whole article, but were 3 of the 8 issues the penalty we 100% should have been given but weren't, the red card Alan mcgregor should have received for giving away said penalty and the goal that they scored that wouldn't have happened had the match officials done their jobs properly. 

Would McGregor have gotten a red card had the penalty been awarded?

The whole caboodle has become a minefield of ever changing rules in recent years. I thought that they've done away with the double jeopardy of penalty/red card? If it's in the box, penalty and yellow card only. But outside the box....free kick and red card??

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The whole caboodle has become a minefield of ever changing rules in recent years. I thought that they've done away with the double jeopardy of penalty/red card? If it's in the box, penalty and yellow card only. But outside the box....free kick and red card??

Not if deliberate though, rapey had fuck all intentions of getting the ball. Clear red for me. 

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hedges got sent off against the rangers at Pittodrie last year when giving away a penalty. He mistakenly tripped someone by running into them. The referee and SFA cited “no deliberate attempt to play the ball” to justify both decisions. 
Not much different on Tuesday really. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ramandu said:

Is it? I'm sure it happens, but I can only think of one genuine racist thing I've heard in the last 20 years, and the guy shouting out was castigated by those around him. 

My experiences could be misleading, but when you say it's rife, I want to know compared to what?

They are. The "one genuine racist thing" that you've heard in the past 20 years is clearly not a representation of the footballing world as a whole, but I don't need to tell you that.

10 minutes ago, ShinnieFGS said:

They are. The "one genuine racist thing" that you've heard in the past 20 years is clearly not a representation of the footballing world as a whole, but I don't need to tell you that.

Quite right, quite right. But is it rife at pittodrie? It's not, is it (except one man's quota system). It's not rife elsewhere in Scotland either.

47 minutes ago, ShinnieFGS said:

If racism is rife in the footballing world as a whole but not so much in Scotland why are we getting involved. 
The biggest problem in this country is the two arse cheeks sectarianism which is a 1000 Tim’s worse than racism should they not all take a stand about that and do something. 

Was watching the Hibs-cove game last night you heard one solitary person shout fuck and the commentators were apologising for it. On the tv on Tuesday the commentators were quite and you could clearly hear the rangers fans singing there sectarian songs when the commentator piped up again not a word said from them to apologise and I’m sure those songs offended more people than a shout of fuck. 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Depends if it is deemed there is an attempt to play the ball or not.

Remember Hedges got sent off cause the SevCo player cut across him and he pulled up trying to get out of the way. As there was no attempt to play the ball, he was off

5 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Quite right, quite right. But is it rife at pittodrie? It's not, is it (except one man's quota system). It's not rife elsewhere in Scotland either.

Always laugh at that on the tim stories.

“I’ve suffered sectarianism everywhere in Scotland that I’ve been, every job I’ve held every role I’ve filled”

Oh aye, where you been like?

“Troon, Cumnock and Kilwinning on a day trip from Larne”