Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
don corleone

Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

Recommended Posts

Great to be back in a rocking Pittodrie!

Best team drew (us).

Not sure we did enough to win as McGregor didn't do much apart from take out Hedges, but still a very good performance and if we'd connected with a few near things could easily have won.

I thought the tactics were bang on (although execution was often lacking ) and the changes worked despite not much on the bench to change a game.

Ojo was poor and deservedly subbed. Hedges wanted at least 2 touches too many and lost the ball almost every time.

Hayes put in a power of work and Brown was entertaining as fuck on the wind up.

Everyone else was pretty solid and worked well as a team. I can't remember us dominating the huns for so much of a game for ages.

COYR

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Great to be back in a rocking Pittodrie!

Best team drew (us).

Not sure we did enough to win as McGregor didn't do much apart from take out Hedges, but still a very good performance and if we'd connected with a few near things could easily have won.

I thought the tactics were bang on (although execution was often lacking ) and the changes worked despite not much on the bench to change a game.

Ojo was poor and deservedly subbed. Hedges wanted at least 2 touches too many and lost the ball almost every time.

Hayes put in a power of work and Brown was entertaining as fuck on the wind up.

Everyone else was pretty solid and worked well as a team. I can't remember us dominating the huns for so much of a game for ages.

COYR

Lewis one good save same as mcgregor. We hit post. Hard to say we deserved the win true, as we were own worst enemies rgds finishing & creating chances but if any team deserved the 3 points then it was us. Even if only on playing stats. 
 

More I see penalty the more I believe McGregor knew exactly what he was doing as he couldn’t get ball so left his legs to swing around & impede Hedges. Miss ball & prevent player running through & it’s a penalty. They would 100% have gotten it at other end. Especially if they were at home

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Lewis one good save same as mcgregor. We hit post. Hard to say we deserved the win true, as we were own worst enemies rgds finishing & creating chances but if any team deserved the 3 points then it was us. Even if only on playing stats. 
 

More I see penalty the more I believe McGregor knew exactly what he was doing as he couldn’t get ball so left his legs to swing around & impede Hedges. Miss ball & prevent player running through & it’s a penalty. They would 100% have gotten it at other end. Especially if they were at home

I've not seen a replay but looked like a blatant foul in real time. I wasn't sure if it was inside or out of the box from the angle in the Y. 

Either a penalty or a red was what it looked like.

Seems to split opinions,  but if it was one of a number of players other than Hedges, they take the hit and there's no debate  

Objectively though,  that type of incident could be an example of a non contact foul. Obviously reckless flying in from the keeper that the player has to dive out of the way to avoid. Ridiculous he can get away with it, contact or not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Great to be back in a rocking Pittodrie!

Best team drew (us).

Not sure we did enough to win as McGregor didn't do much apart from take out Hedges, but still a very good performance and if we'd connected with a few near things could easily have won.

I thought the tactics were bang on (although execution was often lacking ) and the changes worked despite not much on the bench to change a game.

Ojo was poor and deservedly subbed. Hedges wanted at least 2 touches too many and lost the ball almost every time.

Hayes put in a power of work and Brown was entertaining as fuck on the wind up.

Everyone else was pretty solid and worked well as a team. I can't remember us dominating the huns for so much of a game for ages.

COYR

A few further observations.

That was a pretty shit Sevco team- either that or we negated them very well.

And that chorus of "You're not Rangers any more" in the first half must have been heard in half the front rooms and pubs in Scotland! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

He’s wank you fucking balloon.  

#Cans 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I've not seen a replay but looked like a blatant foul in real time. I wasn't sure if it was inside or out of the box from the angle in the Y. 

Either a penalty or a red was what it looked like.

Seems to split opinions,  but if it was one of a number of players other than Hedges, they take the hit and there's no debate  

Objectively though,  that type of incident could be an example of a non contact foul. Obviously reckless flying in from the keeper that the player has to dive out of the way to avoid. Ridiculous he can get away with it, contact or not.

Correct. This much was obvious to many.

 

As for McLennan, as someone mentioned in previous pages, we would have been better putting Jet on for a chance of winning the game.

Could have went either way tremendous or shit.

With McLennan we pretty much knew which way it would go.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So tell me why your nonsense point of view makes sense? 

Very, very easy answer.

Because I said it, & because you disagree. 

Now fuck off. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Jenks putting you in the mud again you piece of shit. 

Jenks was poor last night. You obviously have no knowledge of what a good player is. It’s understandable though as you certainly come across as someone who lack’s awareness.

Edited by RED_JOHN

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Correct. This much was obvious to many.

 

As for McLennan, as someone mentioned in previous pages, we would have been better putting Jet on for a chance of winning the game.

Could have went either way tremendous or shit.

With McLennan we pretty much knew which way it would go.

Slightly unfair on McLennan & overly generous to JET that.

 

Both are shite, do not get me wrong but McLennan has been useful a few times when brought on as sub & was probably why Glass went with him. 
I don’t think JET has enough credit in his account to even merit that but hindsight of McLennan last night is seeing JET being given false credit.

 

Personally I wouldn’t have brought on either of them. I would have probably given Barron a chance to impress over those pair 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Jenks was poor last night. You obviously have no knowledge of what a good player is. It’s understandable though as you certainly come across as someone who lack’s awareness.

If DelMonte had his way we would still be playing Goodwillie

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

For those of us not there, what did he play?

Someone call 911. Fantastic effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If DelMonte had his way we would still be playing Goodwillie

That says it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ibrox disaster song

 

 

At least that’s probably what they will say

I was singing that at home 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s a fucking tremendous penalty 

Made even better by the fact the ball moved about 6” with the wind just as he was about to hit it

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The DJ needs a bloody medal for the choice of song at HT 

 

I don't think I've ever seen a stand at a home game sing such vitriol. 
 

It brought a tear to my japseye 

Section Y gave a few shouts which were outstanding.

Stewards holding such a fuss over a smoke bomb that had already gone out. Was about 5 of them trying to figure out what to do. Comical. Calm down.

Still raging about their goal and McGregor getting away with that. Huns have a cheek slagging the ref.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

JET would have been my choice as nobody knows what you are getting including the opposition. McLennan is just Mackie with slightly better control 

McLennan is worse than Mackie.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I presume smashing players who are running through is okay these days as well? Not enough said about this. Fergie taken out... Aye play on.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Be trying to work out a reason that we shouldn't have got the pen.

I thought at the moment it happened that it wasn't a pen. Having since seen replays during and after the match it was 100% a pen. Wasn't much contact, but there was contact and McGregor was out of control and nowhere near the ball.

The officials couldn't even get their story straight. Linesman says to Glass not enough contact and ref said McGregor didn't touch him.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Personally I wouldn’t have brought on either of them. I would have probably given Barron a chance to impress over those pair 

Good point actually.

Forgot aboot him.

Agreed.

 

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

McLennan is worse than Mackie.

You've taken that too far.

😆

Share this post


Link to post

If Jenks' effort that hit the post had went in - you could forget about Bend It Like Beckham...

More like, Bend It Like Jenkham.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If DelMonte had his way we would still be playing Goodwillie

Tony Watt is the leagues top goalscorer. Victorious again. 

Share this post


Link to post

No idea why people are so downbeat about that game. 

Thats 2 games out of 2 we've been cheated out of all 3 points against them this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Tony Watt is the leagues top goalscorer. Victorious again. 

A 3rd of his goals being penalties & we all agreed when we had Rooney & Cosgrove that penalties don’t count didn’t we 😉🤔

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Jenks was brilliant. Can turn players easily, constant pressing and has a brilliant shot. Very good player.

Thought he played well enough.

Had a slow start in the first 5mins where he was easily brushed off the ball and lost possession, but after clipping the post with his shot and his other effort it seemed to settle him down and he contributed well to the collective effort.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Thought he played well enough.

Had a slow start in the first 5mins where he was easily brushed off the ball and lost possession, but after clipping the post with his shot and his other effort it seemed to settle him down and he contributed well to the collective effort.

As did Brown also, but folk give Jenks shit for the same things other players do.

He had a good game.

I'm unsure how many times I have to read 'You don't get football' from one poster on this thread. Must be double figures.

Hayes getting criticism is a bit strange, thought he played well also.

Hedges is just piss poor however. I don't think he will be missed. You have a right foot, try using it, and he would honestly be such a better player for it.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Foster deserves to be…..fill in the gaps 

Stuck in a room with you for an extended period 

  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Why the fk does Glass keep playing Ojo (a shit right footed player) on the left & plays Hedges (a mostly shit but sometimes good) left footed player on the right? 

Is this the type of thing he meant when he first came when he said he was going to do things ‘a little differently’ ?

 

None of the two of them can cross a ball with their weaker feet, so why the fk play them on their weaker sides? Is he expecting them to be scoring wordly volleys all the time so sacrifices their potential for actual assists?

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I presume smashing players who are running through is okay these days as well? Not enough said about this. Fergie taken out... Aye play on.

By Bassey on the edge of the box? Aye. Another blatant foul that somehow Clancy missed. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hun Manager reckons we shouldn’t have gotten any penalties & Kent shouldn’t have been sent off

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...