Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

41 minutes ago, NEM said:

Did either leave at or before their peak straight to the hun cunts?

Bell was arguably still at the top of his game and went direct to hell.

Cooper was well fucked when he signed for them from Villa but he still kent the score, about the upset and outrage it would cause, but chose to ignore those. Would have had other offers too. Was well involved in the Durrant diving incident  and yet, he’s a hero up here -   dead or alive.

As I said, let it go

Just now, KenDodd'sDad said:

Correct. I can see Jack coming out with similar pish in 10 years time to try to avoid getting battered every time he steps foot in the city.

It won't work.

They deserve abuse any time they step foot in Aberdeen, for the rest of their miserable hun lives

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Most folk still think the sun shines out of Snelders arse, after effectively downing tools to force through a move to the Huns! I've never truly understood that one.

I can sort of understand why he was pissed off.....dropped in favour of Michael Watt ffs

But to go to oldco, where I'm sure he ended up as their 3rd choice keeper was a bad move. Despite being Dutch, he was with us long enough to be well aware of the hatred between the 2 clubs.

Dougie Bell I can also understand, Fergie was honest about his chances of playing regularly having just signed Bett. He joined an oldco that were frankly hilariously inept so no one really cared a jot. We got a modest fee for him (£200k IIRC) but I'm sure he only lasted about a year there after Souness joined up in 86.

Cooper was the big shocker in joining them and left a really nasty taste in the mouth. He had effectively failed at Aston Villa although injuries were the main cause. I'm sure he had other options but actively chose oldco over them. His time there was ruined by even more injuries ( I don't think he ended up managing 20 total appearances) but of course his debut was against us in the Durrant match where he opened the scoring early on for them, celebrating it wildly, and then being the root cause of the whole Durrant incident. There's no question he was an Aberdeen fanatic and the disappointment in seeing him act like that was massive. What is often forgotten is that on leaving them, he actually rejoined us for a few months but never played a single game in his second spell.

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What is often forgotten is that on leaving them, he actually rejoined us for a few months but never played a single game in his second spell.

Other than Wikipedia, was that ever confirmed? Summer of 1990?

Regarding Bell, I listened to a podcast with him last year, to do with his book launch I think. He refused to go into details as to why he left the Huns in 86, but something clearly amiss. 

7 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I completely forgot that, canna mind that at all. Were we not one of the clubs in for him that he knocked back to sign for the huns?

I think Smithy tried to sign him in the summer of 88 but he wanted to give it one last shot at Villa. When that failed to materialise, by that time, we’d signed someone else and so that avenue was closed to him. 

I think, anyway.

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I think Smithy tried to sign him in the summer of 88 but he wanted to give it one last shot at Villa. When that failed to materialise, by that time, we’d signed someone else and so that avenue was closed to him. 

I think, anyway.

Can't remember us trying to sign him but that summer I was getting married and had a shitload else on my mind. We did sign Craig Robertson that season but I thought that was around Xmas/New Year?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Cooper was well fucked when he signed for them from Villa but he still kent the score, about the upset and outrage it would cause, but chose to ignore those. Would have had other offers too. Was well involved in the Durrant diving incident  and yet, he’s a hero up here -   dead or alive.

As I said, let it go

Nit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

As I said, let it go

Bell was a stand out in an incredibly poor rfc team. They were quick enough to fuck him off though to hibs once the blank cheque book was open.

Bell had peaked at Aberdeen long before (the Waterschei game being his utopia).

Guest milne_afc

Fucking David Robertson. Fuck him, the hun cunt. You see these cunts all over SocMed, acting as if the cunt did nothing wrong. Wankers to a man.

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

Really. Jack leaving for them was far worse 

Judas just pips it for me. We were competing for the league and they were our main rival. Absolute fucking treachery.

Jack being our captain and repeatedly lying about going there in the months before hand should still be punishable by death.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1