Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

We kinda thought the same of Ferguson when he arrived from Hamilton, but showed from the off he deserved a starting spot.

Lets see, but willing to give him time if need be

That's true, and I'm sure if this lad's good enough he'll get his chance. I think it's a bigger jump for him than it was for Ferguson though - he's not trained as a professional before and that'll take some adjusting, as well as the level of football, new country etc.

I think most fans see him as someone we've signed with potential, so hopefully we're not expecting too much too soon - obviously I'll be delighted if he surprises us and slots straight in and starts running the show from day 1!

Ferguson was already a professional footballer and only had to move a couple hours up the road. He probably already new a few folk here too.

Polvara is jumping from part time to full time, moving half way around the world and won’t know a single person here. It’s not the same.

I doubt anyone at the club even knows if he’ll be able to make the step up at all yet, let alone make an immediate impact.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, StandFree1982 said:

Ferguson was a regular for Hamilton though.

As The Gee Man says above, Polvara will have a lot more adapting to do before we see much of him. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:53 AM, dazzy_deff said:

Not a long term regular - he only made 14 appearances for Hamilton before joining us

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

No he wasn't 

He very much was indeed a regular for Accies prior to us signing him in the summer. His debut for them had been in January that year & he basically took over Docherty’s regular slot when he signed for Huns. From end of January window up to when we signed him in summer he had established himself as a first team regular at Accies. They got a little pissed off at him for signing a pre contract with us but they still needed/wanted him playing as well

simple check on the number of games Accies played since Ferguson’s debut in January & the number of games Ferguson played will confirm he played pretty much all after the Huns signed Docherty

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He very much was indeed a regular for Accies prior to us signing him in the summer. His debut for them had been in January that year & he basically took over Docherty’s regular slot when he signed for Huns. From end of January window up to when we signed him in summer he had established himself as a first team regular at Accies. They got a little pissed off at him for signing a pre contract with us but they still needed/wanted him playing as well

simple check on the number of games Accies played since Ferguson’s debut in January & the number of games Ferguson played will confirm he played pretty much all after the Huns signed Docherty

Aye?

And did he go onto penalties right after Rooney missed against maribor mate?

4 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

We’re winning this game. If you haven’t got a ticket buy one now. 

3-2 Ramirez x2 Ferguson x 1  

Probably putting my largest stake ever on this. Mon the fucking dandies. 

Dont be silly min, Kevin Clancy is the ref so expect at least 2 or 3 dodgy decisions to go the way of Sevco especially if we look like snatching a result.

There's a £30 million Champions League group prize for the winner of the Scottish Premiership, they will be desperate to ensure they keep ahead of Celtic.

Random memory - when Lewis Ferguson came on for his debut for Accies in that match Derek Ferguson was commentating for Open Mikes or whatever its called somewhere else.  Richard Gordon says "I can confirm the Hamilton sub.  Derek you might be interested, its a Ferguson by the name of Lewis."  (General harrumphing across the learned contributors and rightly so).  Within 5 minutes whoever was covering the Hamilton game, might have been Alan Preston from memory, cuts in with "Oh, theres been what could be a very important goal against Hamilton........................ oh.... it looks like an own goal............................................................(and then after what seemed like an eternity) "aye don't panic Derek its no Lewis!"  

I laughed.

9 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Random memory - when Lewis Ferguson came on for his debut for Accies in that match Derek Ferguson was commentating for Open Mikes or whatever its called somewhere else.  Richard Gordon says "I can confirm the Hamilton sub.  Derek you might be interested, its a Ferguson by the name of Lewis."  (General harrumphing across the learned contributors and rightly so).  Within 5 minutes whoever was covering the Hamilton game, might have been Alan Preston from memory, cuts in with "Oh, theres been what could be a very important goal against Hamilton........................ oh.... it looks like an own goal............................................................(and then after what seemed like an eternity) "aye don't panic Derek its no Lewis!"  

I laughed.

That, honestly,  was horrendous

So long winded and an awful ending 

• Haha 2