Bank or speculate transfer money?

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Will be a monumental effort to become a top 100 club whilst things are so heavily weighted towards country coefficients

Not really to be fair. There's a lot of teams around our level who accumulated points from 1 Europa campaign. Thats where we need to get... but I think this team are further away than ever. We will seriously need to pick up to finish 3rd or win the Scottish Cup.

There's a few teams we could realistically match within the top 100... Rosenborg, Rijeka, BATE, Steaua, APOEL, Molde.

I wouldn't fancy us to take any of them though. I suppose we need to get to a level where we are even better than we were around 2014-17.... can't see it under Glass anyway

On 1/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Speculate. We have been playing it safe for 25 years and have nothing to show for it other than several consistent seasons. 

just fucking go for it. At worst it goes horrible then you are skint but a few years later you’ll be back where you were

scottish football is boring as fuck isn’t it 

Spot on 100%

On 1/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Speculate. We have been playing it safe for 25 years and have nothing to show for it other than several consistent seasons. 

just fucking go for it. At worst it goes horrible then you are skint but a few years later you’ll be back where you were

scottish football is boring as fuck isn’t it 

Sevco ,Hearts and  Motherwell all phoenix clubs. Hibs, Dundee Utd and St Johnstone flluctuating between premier and championship. Aberdeen steady eddie, win FA.        Stewart eddie Milne once said scottish football needed Rangers if so scottish football needs Aberdeen so I agree lets have something a bit more dynamic.

5 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Sevco ,Hearts and  Motherwell all phoenix clubs. Hibs, Dundee Utd and St Johnstone flluctuating between premier and championship. Aberdeen steady eddie, win FA.        Stewart eddie Milne once said scottish football needed Rangers if so scottish football needs Aberdeen so I agree lets have something a bit more dynamic.

Good examples to use all round. Not sure about Motherwell but the other clubs have certainly spent time in the Championship the last 30 years. But what else have they done that Aberdeen havent in the last 30 years? Hearts 3, Motherwell 1, Hibs 1, Dundee United 2, St Johnstone 2..... won the Scottish Cup

21 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Hearts and Motherwell both been in administration, not liquidated. For sure it's still cheating like fuck, although perfectly legal, in order to avoid paying your debts. But Hearts and Motherwell are unquestionably still the same clubs that existed before administration.

Sevco on the other hand are a brand new construct. Oldco still exist, ridiculous that 10 years down the line their liquidation still hasn't been finalised

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hearts and Motherwell both been in administration, not liquidated. For sure it's still cheating like fuck, although perfectly legal, in order to avoid paying your debts. But Hearts and Motherwell are unquestionably still the same clubs that existed before administration.

Sevco on the other hand are a brand new construct. Oldco still exist, ridiculous that 10 years down the line their liquidation still hasn't been finalised

The latest accounts for oldco are mental. Hardly anything left in the pot with millions spent on legal fees. Nae cunt is getting anything out of that apart from the legal folks 

2 hours ago, winchester83 said:

No guts, no glory.

1 minute ago, scottymc said:

I get the feeling Ramirez might be here for only a couple of seasons. At least we can enjoy having him whilst he is here. I reckon he will head back home over the pond. Be a shame as I like him so far 

Which is absolutely fine as he'll be 32 by the end of next season. 

We need to bring in a couple of younger strikers between now and then to support him and take over. Ideally one this window please. 

19 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

The one thing that won't happen is the money being left in the bank. Does that ever happen at a football club? Manager will/should ask for the lot, the chairman will probably give some and put the rest to whatever else we need money for.

There’s a pretty good example in 2012.  Google “Ticketus” and “Lloyds getting the fuck out of dodge”