Connor Barron

If our club even entertain any offers from Celtic for Barron in future (let alone either of this summer or next January window) they can fkoff 

I am truly disgusted that we are loaning yet another player from them without an option to buy (at least we had the option from Huns) & to be doing so in what is basically still the early stages of our summer rebuild & not in the last min/desperation with all other options exhausted just makes it even worse.

Genuinely pissed off with EVERY aspect of this loan.

biggest rebuild we’ve needed as long as I can remember in one fkn window & only 3rd signing & we are scraping up development loans from a club we should be trying to compete with (especially in cups) even if you want to ignore our league games. 

If JG doesn’t sign an actual decent left sided CH that reverts Scales to nothing more than a ‘back up’ he has lost any backing/benefit of doubt I was willing to give him

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If our club even entertain any offers from Celtic for Barron in future (let alone either of this summer or next January window) they can fkoff 

I am truly disgusted that we are loaning yet another player from them without an option to buy (at least we had the option from Huns) & to be doing so in what is basically still the early stages of our summer rebuild & not in the last min/desperation with all other options exhausted just makes it even worse.

biggest rebuild we’ve needed as long as I can remember in one fkn window & only 3rd signing & we are scraping up development loans from a club we should be trying to compete with (especially in cups) even if you want to ignore our league games. 

If JG doesn’t sign an actual decent left sided CH that reverts Scales to nothing more than a ‘back up’ he has lost any backing/benefit of doubt I was willing to give him

3-B1-C005-F-1947-4000-969-B-727-F43-BEBB

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I'd say i'm happy with the player who's coming in but not happy with the structure of the deal. Basically we have no option on him once the season ends,. I think he's going to do a job for us and it'll be frustrating when he fucks off next summer. 

17 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I bet he will be reeling if he hears he’s lost your support.

19 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You really are a boring cunt. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hate to use a hun player as a comparison but he was only with them for one season.

Connor Barron is very much like a young Rino Gattuso, so I can certainly see why Italian clubs would be showing a keen interest in him.

Thing is, you're not even joking are you?

He is NOTHING like Gattuso

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hate to use a hun player as a comparison but he was only with them for one season.

Connor Barron is very much like a young Rino Gattuso, so I can certainly see why Italian clubs would be showing a keen interest in him.

Confirming your very limited knowledge of the sport there. 

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Thing is, you're not even joking are you?

He is NOTHING like Gattuso

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Confirming your very limited knowledge of the sport there. 

Small, quick on the turn & very much more so defensive/holding midfielder with a good eye for creative pass, so yes very similar to a young Gattuso & not as ridiculous a comparison as you may think. Time will tell if he is played more deep than forward. He’s far more similar to Gattuso than Scholes (for example) that a few have mentioned. 
Scholes is always the very lazy comparison made for small central mids breaking through.

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Small, quick on the turn & very much more so defensive/holding midfielder with a good eye for creative pass, so yes very similar to a young Gattuso & not as ridiculous a comparison as you may think. Time will tell if he is played more deep than forward. He’s far more similar to Gattuso than Scholes (for example) that a few have mentioned. 
Scholes is always the very lazy comparison made for small central mids breaking through.

Gattuso was the epitome of hatchet man. Obviously he had good technical ability to go with it,  but those weren't the characteristics that got him CL medals and a WC medal. His main objective was to spoil, break up play. 

Barron shows for the ball non stop, can dribble, can pick a pass, gets on the half turn, appears to want to arrive late in the box. 

It's just not a good comparison. Especially considering one was a World Class holding midfielder and the other is a kid just making his way at a Scottish Premiership side. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Gattuso was the epitome of hatchet man. Obviously he had good technical ability to go with it,  but those weren't the characteristics that got him CL medals and a WC medal. His main objective was to spoil, break up play. 

Barron shows for the ball non stop, can dribble, can pick a pass, gets on the half turn, appears to want to arrive late in the box. 

It's just not a good comparison. Especially considering one was a World Class holding midfielder and the other is a kid just making his way at a Scottish Premiership side. 

Gattuso could also play on wing & was very similar to Barron  at this age. Showing for ball, making passes. Getting around the park with great energy. Latterly Gattuso became more so ‘hatched man’ as you say but that is doing Gattuso a massive discredit with such a basic label. Just because he played a lot with the far more exciting/noticeable Pirlo. 

Connor Barron now is similar to Gattuso at same age. Especially his drive/energy 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gattuso could also play on wing & was very similar to Barron  at this age. Showing for ball, making passes. Getting around the park with great energy. Latterly Gattuso became more so ‘hatched man’ as you say but that is doing Gattuso a massive discredit with such a basic label. Just because he played a lot with the far more exciting/noticeable Pirlo. 

Connor Barron now is similar to Gattuso at same age. Especially his drive/energy 

Love hallucinogenic drugs 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Eggscelent analysis

Really cracked it and that's no yolk

Bird brain

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You’re havering. 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

£20 bet he signs a new contract with us?

One year ban from posting bet.

You ban starts now until he signs said deal ?

Nah seriously though. As soon as he either leaves or signs new deal. No more posts as of midnight after either happens. For one whole year of bliss to other users on here with either bonus results. Win win for Rest of board

you will even have extra favoured support as all will want him signing new deal

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Jesus F n D. 

Not that anyone respected what you had to say anyway but you've got less footballing knowledge than my Mother. 

FTLOF pack it in.

I stand by both being similar quality (& even many playing skills similarities) at same age. 
Barron is same age now as he was at Huns. Before Advocate moved him to RB then fkd him off for a few £m

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gattuso was an extremely ordinary player that somehow made a career out of football. Italy at the time were devoid of decent midfielders, bar Pirlo, Di Biagio, and Totti, and factoring in the match fixing charges and financial irregularities that led to clubs being demoted to Serie B during Gattuso's career, he got more out of the game that his talent deserved.  

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

One year ban from posting bet.

You ban starts now until he signs said deal ?

Nah seriously though. As soon as he either leaves or signs new deal. No more posts as of midnight after either happens. For one whole year of bliss to other users on here with either bonus results. Win win for Rest of board

you will even have extra favoured support as all will want him signing new deal

Deal

If he doesn't sign a new contract, I won't post for a year 

When he does, you don't

Screenshotted