Connor Barron

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only way he will sign a new deal if with a (relatively low) release fee. Which the club would be stupid to agree to. Especially at cost of much higher wages. 
This is why it won’t happen (imo) but IF it does, I shall happily stick to the bet ?

I'll offer you a cash out if you like

Tenner to charity instead

Your call

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Well, AIDS is very much treatable and last time I checked they were close to a cure for HIV. 

Cancer is never good. You'll either have to get something chopped out or endure decimating chemotherapy. 

Id pluck for AIDS. 

@Ten Caat do you agree with my medical input?

HIV infection is treatable and has been for over 25 years. It's so good nowadays that if treated early it eliminates the virus from the body to levels that are undetectable and a normal life span is the expectation provided you stick to the drug regimen exactly as it's prescribed.

But AIDS is what it progresses to if you don't treat it. And I'm afraid that AIDS causes certain other things that generally aren't curable....pneumocystis carinii pneumonia being the classic, but also things like kaposi's sarcoma (Freddie Mercury was riddled in these cancerous lesions), severe thrush in throat/rectum/vagina or invasive cervical cancer.

"Cancer" is too broad a diagnosis to comment on it as that.......there are over 200 forms of cancer that we know of.....carcinomas are very different from sarcomas and they're different from leukaemias (these diagnoses vary as to the type of cells they affect)

Some cancers are eminently treatable to the point of being curable. For example bowel or breast cancer....the key is getting diagnosed and treatment started early. The problem though is that in some cases you either have no symptoms or so mild ones that you dismiss them until it's progressed to an advanced stage and treatment at that point may no longer be curative. 
Other cancers are sadly a death sentence. Cancer of head of pancreas has horrendous prognosis for example....in most cases you are looking at a year at most but often much less. Oesophageal and stomach cancer are pretty deadly too....you might survive if you catch them really early but the surgery and chemo following is fucking brutal. 2 Gorams have oesophageal cancer and it's ravaging him,

Overall I'd take my chances with HIV. The treatment for it if adhered to pretty much guarantees a normal life expectancy and the treatment for it causes less nasty side effects than the first ones did in the late nineties to about 2010

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hate to use a hun player as a comparison but he was only with them for one season.

Connor Barron is very much like a young Rino Gattuso, so I can certainly see why Italian clubs would be showing a keen interest in him.

I’m going to give you a 1 year ban for that ridiculous comment.

13 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He definitely does… in fact he posts on here under the username ‘zeroisgod76’

I've often wondered about how many professional footballers lurk on forums etc reading threads about themselves, and how many actually post comments. In this day and age of smartphones and constant access to the Internet it must be a constant temptation, especially among the more egotistical types. You'd need a thick-skin given some of the criticism and abuse that goes on, but then their big egos and narcissism probably lap it up either way.

57 minutes ago, Ando said:

I've often wondered about how many professional footballers lurk on forums etc reading threads about themselves, and how many actually post comments. In this day and age of smartphones and constant access to the Internet it must be a constant temptation, especially among the more egotistical types. You'd need a thick-skin given some of the criticism and abuse that goes on, but then their big egos and narcissism probably lap it up either way.

I feel for the lad on loan from Celtic. The other signings got  "welcome on board" messages from fans. Him? just hundreds of comments saying how shite the deal was. None of it was aimed at him personally, but you'd still read that and think "Christ, tough crowd".

Professional clubs should, probably do, have social media psychologists/experts who chat with the players about handling social media and the abuse etc that comes with it. As much as you can tell someone to "ignore it" it would still affect you at some level, especially the younger players. 

7 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I feel for the lad on loan from Celtic. The other signings got  "welcome on board" messages from fans. Him? just hundreds of comments saying how shite the deal was. None of it was aimed at him personally, but you'd still read that and think "Christ, tough crowd".

Professional clubs should, probably do, have social media psychologists/experts who chat with the players about handling social media and the abuse etc that comes with it. As much as you can tell someone to "ignore it" it would still affect you at some level, especially the younger players. 

I remember starting a new job back in 2012, it was the first time I'd moved jobs in about 5 years, and it was the first time upon signing a new employment contract that a specific section about Internet and social media use was brought to my attention. Specifically about not using Internet/social media in any way which would bring the name of the company or myself as an officer/representative of the company into any kind of disrepute. I'm sure that's commonplace and much further/better defined in employment contracts these days, especially for professional footballers. As for advice or counselling on dealing with social media criticism etc, yeah you'd expect so these days with all the focus on mental health, dealing with "trolling" etc.

4 minutes ago, Dad said:

Just do your poll thing again Del son 

Can’t scream and shout every time I want someone banned I’m afraid. The tables would also get turned and I’m sure I’d be off soon ?

Red John was an exception. Total drivel all over the forum, he deserved to go. 

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Says it all nowadays that FnD is going to lose a bet and delete his account and I couldn’t care. The new level of poster is much worse. Could MT and zero do a bet where the odds are stacked against zero so he has to delete his account too? 

You're the most boring poster on here Del boy... can you not just delete your account without having to lose a bet first and do us all a favour?

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Says it all nowadays that FnD is going to lose a bet and delete his account and I couldn’t care. The new level of poster is much worse. Could MT and zero do a bet where the odds are stacked against zero so he has to delete his account too? 

Lol zero is ok imo.

I learned a long time ago not to take this place too seriously. 

My one exception is shoofta as I still can’t decide if he’s mentally ill and should therefore afforded kindness and sympathy or a top drawer troll able to maintain the mask of retard month after month. The Daniel day Lewis of the hat. 

• Haha 4