Connor Barron

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Realistically, no I’m not. 

Well thats open to debate. Look you don't like me, thats fine.. doesn't put me up nor down but its boring. How about you ignore anything that i post and i in turn will remove you from my list of mortal enemies?

20 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Lol zero is ok imo.

Why thank you ?

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Dare I mention the fact Barron is modelling the new kit may suggest  that he isn’t going anywhere soon 

You may dare to mention it but I dont think if a decent sized offer comes in for Connor the club will say "O no we cant sell the lad to you, he modelled the new kit and we must keep Connor at the club until the top goes in the sale" 

If a good offer comes in, he will be sold its as simple as that.

9 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

you what ? no chance 

Probably not. But the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Lewis may look back and decide his time at AFC wasn't so bad. This organization could make him the captain and take care of him financially. I personally think it's best for all involved to make him the highest paid player.  But he has an agent and uncle in his ear. The 2nd division of England isn't a better gig than competing for European football at AFC. 

• Haha 1
On 6/23/2022 at 11:25 AM, DelMonte said:

Can’t scream and shout every time I want someone banned I’m afraid. The tables would also get turned and I’m sure I’d be off soon ?

Red John was an exception. Total drivel all over the forum, he deserved to go. 

The original "Red John" was a devious and incredibly clever psychopath. He manipulated other people to throw everyone off the sent of who he was.

Any chance they new morons are all actually just the old moron.

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

Just not to celtic please.  You'd think selling Barron to Italy could pay for a massive wage increase for Ferguson 

And why the fuck would we want to do that? 

Sell Ferguson to fund a new contract for Barron more like 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, NEM said:

And why the fuck would we want to do that? 

Sell Ferguson to fund a new contract for Barron more like 

I understand that. I'm just saying if Ferguson bought in long term that'd be a very good thing for this team. I don't think people like admitting he's the best player on the team. But he is. 

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Probably not. But the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Lewis may look back and decide his time at AFC wasn't so bad. This organization could make him the captain and take care of him financially. I personally think it's best for all involved to make him the highest paid player.  But he has an agent and uncle in his ear. The 2nd division of England isn't a better gig than competing for European football at AFC. 

But I'd imagine earning between £10-15k per week in England would somewhat soften the blow of getting eliminated by some Georgian/Kazakh/Slovenian/whatever nomarks in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League (or more likely Conference) 

24 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

I understand that. I'm just saying if Ferguson bought in long term that'd be a very good thing for this team. I don't think people like admitting he's the best player on the team. But he is. 

Ferguson is not going to buy into Aberdeen long term regardless of how much we pay him. He has ambitions to play for an English team. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

But I'd imagine earning between £10-15k per week in England would somewhat soften the blow of getting eliminated by some Georgian/Kazakh/Slovenian/whatever nomarks in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League (or more likely Conference) 

I guess I'm just holding cormack to his word. He wants to compete with the old firm and get to group stage football. That will not happen without a couple  10 to 12k wages.

I also think transfer fees should be spent on 19 and 20 year olds to flip.

I'm not sure the money is being spent wisely. In a few years these guys will likely leave on a free with no transfer or development fee.

I'd rather we keep Barron at the club over Ferguson at this point, the latter of which seems to be a source of drama for the club. There is no reason why we can't keep Barron for a season or two, allow him to develop at AFC, and sell him on at that point. Domestic clubs in particular should be told to look elsewhere.

How long is his current contract? Tying him down for 4 years would be ideal for both parties I'd have thought. Would allow him to focus on his football, where he'd be guaranteed first-team chances. 

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Just not to celtic please.  You'd think selling Barron to Italy could pay for a massive wage increase for Ferguson 

No chance he goes to Celtic. Just look at their bids for John McGinn and Scott mckenna. They don’t want to keep their money in Scotland, terrified provisional clubs will spend it wisely and actually try to challenge them

• Upvote 1