Connor Barron

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Agree with that loon. 

Nicky Low, in particular, was a big loss to our club when he departed. He was/is a fantastic passer of the ball, very good at taking  free-kicks, and, for a wee lad, was not feart to get stuck in.

All commendable attributes for a midfielder but sadly lacking in some currently at our club.

I'm not sure any of those lads, Low and Smith especially, career trajectory's indicate a big loss to the club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

I'm not sure any of those lads, Low and Smith especially, career trajectory's indicate a big loss to the club.

I agree with you in respect of Cammy Smith, although he certainly wasn't the worst, but Nicky Low had more about him in terms of ability and presence.

Fair enough both of the career paths went sleepily downhill, a bit like the gradient of the sheer cliff faces up at Gamrie, after leaving AFC.

All that I can theorise is they both succumbed to long-term injuries and homesickness.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I agree with you in respect of Cammy Smith, although he certainly wasn't the worst, but Nicky Low had more about him in terms of ability and presence.

Fair enough both of the career paths went sleepily downhill, a bit like the gradient of the sheer cliff faces up at Gamrie, after leaving AFC.

All that I can theorise is they both succumbed to long-term injuries and homesickness.

Maybe a wee bit more theorising would throw up the possibility that they each found their true level in the Scottish Championship , Irish league and fourth tier in England.   As well as being homesick of course.

1 minute ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

With Barron we get a ‘ development fee’. Take it as he’s out of conract we won’t get a sell on fee for him if he moves in again.

I don't think that'll be the case. 

For example, Lewis Ferguson left the cornershopmen for AFC when out of contract and they got a development fee set by a tribunal of £240,000. 

I'm pretty sure that they also get a cut of any fee of which Ferguson may be sold for in the future.

A 10% cut of any transfer fee he is sold for IIRC.

I may be wrong though.

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I liked Nicky Low but our ‘level’ was just a bit too much for him.

Re homesickness, he’s from Greenock, so I doubt that was a factor. 😄

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Agree with that loon. 

Nicky Low, in particular, was a big loss to our club when he departed. He was/is a fantastic passer of the ball, very good at taking  free-kicks, and, for a wee lad, was not feart to get stuck in.

All commendable attributes for a midfielder but sadly lacking in some currently at our club.

Yeah

All 3s career trajectory sure does suggest that

4 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Low, Campbell and Smith all better, more consistent and more versatile when at the club

I'd argue they were more 'versatile' because they weren't good enough for the middle if the park. Low possible exception but I can't look past his Bobby Charlton coupon 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I liked Nicky Low but our ‘level’ was just a bit too much for him.

Re homesickness, he’s from Greenock, so I doubt that was a factor. 😄

Perhaps, and arguably he would gave been even closer to Greenock whilst playing for (London)Derry City than Aberdeen, so that rules that part of my theory out.👍

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Incorrect Tom.

Noticed you didn't deny your pathetic stature.

I reckon Bricktop MHD is taller than you.

Notes: Claims not to be sofa blimp. Possibly has no sofa. (Broke the sofa??)

Maybe it's just the moniker Don that's prejudicing me...

spacer.png

• Haha 1