Connor Barron

On 6/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, Millertime said:

Yo want to bet too then?

On 6/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

You don't need the money, you can just be joyous and gloat in your superior knowledge if you are proven correct. Haha!

But i am still very firmly of the belief he will not be with us come next Feb and a new contract wont be signed. 

Hopefully you know of something changing over the past few weeks from your family contacts, that I havnt heard about yet and you are proven right. ? 

@Millertime

I got in wrong and i bow down to your knowledge ? Haha!

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Out for 3 weeks.

Based on nothing but giving an update on the forum.

Nae think they may be keeping him away from action as they have plans on selling him? Bit like Ramsay, I think the club's stradegee may be release younglings into the side for half a season or so, bum them up with loads of stats etc and sell for 2-3m. It's a great policy if, you'd believe in the mood music from the youth setup, we have a converyor belt of rising talent emerging.

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Nae think they may be keeping him away from action as they have plans on selling him? Bit like Ramsay, I think the club's stradegee may be release younglings into the side for half a season or so, bum them up with loads of stats etc and sell for 2-3m. It's a great policy if, you'd believe in the mood music from the youth setup, we have a converyor belt of rising talent emerging.

He let his grass grow too long in his garden. Got back from Spain & lost his wallet in there. Been searching for it ever since, in between trips to visit other clubs for fancy dinners & free fanny 

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He let his grass grow too long in his garden. Got back from Spain & lost his wallet in there. Been searching for it ever since, in between trips to visit other clubs for fancy dinners & free fanny 

Love remakes of movies about killer whales where they replace the lead role with a woman.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Ryan Duncan will be gift wrapped in cotton wool by the end of August 

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Nah, I don’t think so. Fergie maybe, but I don’t see  us cashing in on Barron quite yet unless serious dough is put on the table, like £10m

The only thing that is concerning me in regards to your suggestion is why Goodwin is openly spouting about being interested in both Ronan and McGrath, when we already have Barron. Seems an overload to accommodate all 3

No

Sounds like a fucking terrible policy to me but I'm just a dons fan nae an accountant

Doesn't sound like a terrible policy to me... In the short term...

Put players like Barron, Mackenzie, Ramsay in the shop window but breaking into the first team and let other teams play over the odds £3-5 million to take the chance and spend the time developing them, then getting a second windfall if they're sold on in the future... Means we can then spend £500k+ here and there on 23/24 year olds with that bit more experience but never making it to the big big clubs... Hopefully get a couple of decent seasons out of them and sell them on for a tidy profit if possible too...

There was absolutely no future in 30+ year old players (Hayes, Brown, Ramirez, Gallagher etc) certainly no profit to be made and as far as this club is concerned if we want to make it back and be successful in Europe we're going to need the regular funds to come in. Feels like we've got a much better grasp on this under Jim G, McInnes barely wanted to blood the kids and his idea of a decent signing were journeymen and when he did have cash squander it on some dreadful pish. 

2 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Doesn't sound like a terrible policy to me... In the short term...

Put players like Barron, Mackenzie, Ramsay in the shop window but breaking into the first team and let other teams play over the odds £3-5 million to take the chance and spend the time developing them, then getting a second windfall if they're sold on in the future... Means we can then spend £500k+ here and there on 23/24 year olds with that bit more experience but never making it to the big big clubs... Hopefully get a couple of decent seasons out of them and sell them on for a tidy profit if possible too...

There was absolutely no future in 30+ year old players (Hayes, Brown, Ramirez, Gallagher etc) certainly no profit to be made and as far as this club is concerned if we want to make it back and be successful in Europe we're going to need the regular funds to come in. Feels like we've got a much better grasp on this under Jim G, McInnes barely wanted to blood the kids and his idea of a decent signing were journeymen and when he did have cash squander it on some dreadful pish. 

The list of ‘experienced’ player Mcinnes paid fees for in his career is pretty fkn bad.

Foster ? tops it at worst I think

But he tried to pay a fee for Tansey & did he not pay a fee for Gleeson &/or Forrester?

May also?

Probably a few more also.

He seemed to do better when signing less experienced/unprovens for fees, such as Ferguson, McLean & Cosgrove.

Hopefully JG’s eye for ‘experienced’ players (when it comes to paying fees especially) is a fk load better than DM’s

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

We have an 80,000,000 GBP stadium to fund.

Selling promising players before they stagnate or fuck off on a free is an excellent policy.

Exactly. I really hope Ramsay does well for Liverpool, but I think he'll be like a fish out of water, particularly the physical side of things. He won't know what's hit him pre-season.