Connor Barron

45 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Exactly. Even if as MT says, it's a great thing for Hearts, the reality is it serves only to solidify their place as Scotland's third team. They still drift further from the top two and the rest of us from them. It's not to the benefit of Scottish football and the same would be true were we in Hearts position. The sad truth is vast wealth has ruined football across the board and i'm not sure there's a fix.

That said, the most i've enjoyed Scottish football since the early 90s was when Rangers went to the wall. Yes i took immense pleasure in the Huns ceasing to exist, but the league in a sense became so much more competitive. Even if admittedly Celtic continued to rule the roost.

The attitude of other clubs fans was exactly the same at the time, with two exceptions. Fans of the phoenix club obviously and Celtic fans who griped about no longer having their rivalry. I know a good few Celtic fans who stopped going to Parkhead once the bigot derby was done. I also know a "Rangers fan" who switched to Hearts while the 3D print of Rangers was playing in the lower leagues. Who then switched back once they were in the top flight.

I guess the long and short of it is, football's broken. But if Celtic & Sevco were to go to the wall, Scottish football would be infinity better off for it. And f*ck European football.

Do well, you get rewarded

Simple as anything 

13 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

An oversimplified attitude which fails to take into account the financial disparity between the various clubs. The football equivalent of all men are created equal.

The different way Scottish refs treat arse cheeks, fouls given for/against other teams in the league is a big problem. Treat teams fairly and you will see them lose points or at least try harder for their 3 points. 

10 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Exactly. Even if as MT says, it's a great thing for Hearts, the reality is it serves only to solidify their place as Scotland's third team. They still drift further from the top two and the rest of us from them. It's not to the benefit of Scottish football and the same would be true were we in Hearts position. The sad truth is vast wealth has ruined football across the board and i'm not sure there's a fix.

That said, the most i've enjoyed Scottish football since the early 90s was when Rangers went to the wall. Yes i took immense pleasure in the Huns ceasing to exist, but the league in a sense became so much more competitive. Even if admittedly Celtic continued to rule the roost.

The attitude of other clubs fans was exactly the same at the time, with two exceptions. Fans of the phoenix club obviously and Celtic fans who griped about no longer having their rivalry. I know a good few Celtic fans who stopped going to Parkhead once the bigot derby was done. I also know a "Rangers fan" who switched to Hearts while the 3D print of Rangers was playing in the lower leagues. Who then switched back once they were in the top flight.

I guess the long and short of it is, football's broken. But if Celtic & Sevco were to go to the wall, Scottish football would be infinity better off for it. And f*ck European football.

Not to mention the "nicer" attitude attending grounds. The rise in attendances without the other half of the bigot brothers. Life was actually very good without them despite the clowns that run our game trying to tell us we were entering Armageddon without them.

• Upvote 1
On 6/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, Tord31 said:

Absolutely no chance we'll sell him this summer.

We'll hope to get him to sign a new contract and worry about selling him 2023 or 2024. 

I think he still has a fair way to go to prove he is a £1Million+ player.

If clubs want to pay big money then we are hardly going to argue. He’s replaceable. Absolutely no danger he will sign a new contract now he knows other clubs are interested.