Connor Barron

38 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe we should have given him a 3 year deal instead of a 2 year deal then. 

Mackenzie got a 4 year deal and Barron is miles better than he is. 

I think this is the max contract length we could get him to sign for and his advisors were unwilling to have him sign up for any longer. I believe we gave him a very lucrative contract especially considering he had yet to make his first team debut at the time but even then he had interest from others out of Scotland which meant advisors didn't want him to sign for longer. 

35 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

That'd be disappointing 

It is but unfortunately I don't think there is any hope of him signing a new contract. I think our best hope is holding onto him until January but i don't think he will still be here in Feb 2023. Just my opinion however and would love to be proved wrong.

2 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think this is the max contract length we could get him to sign for and his advisors were unwilling to have him sign up for any longer. I believe we gave him a very lucrative contract especially considering he had yet to make his first team debut at the time but even then he had interest from others out of Scotland which meant advisors didn't want him to sign for longer. 

Cheers min. Interesting stuff. Wonder if the spell at Kelty was what alerted suitors as you'd expect a young lad to be happy to sign a longer deal at a point when he hadn't yet broken into the first team squad. 

Did we realise what we had on our hands before we loaned him out? 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Did we realise what we had on our hands before we loaned him out? 

Certain folk on here said his injury had finished him at the top level. Glad I could see his talent from the first opportunity.

Just now, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Haha - Sorry, I don't bet.

But I am very confident in saying I 100% don't believe he will sign a new contract for us. 

If something changes and i am proven wrong, I will be absolutely delighted to come back here to admit I got it completely wrong and worship your knowledge. 

So will I. But I’m not going to bet on a player signing a contract ?

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Haha - Sorry, I don't bet.

But I am very confident in saying I 100% don't believe he will sign a new contract for us. 

If something changes and i am proven wrong, I will be absolutely delighted to come back here to admit I got it completely wrong and worship your knowledge. 

Haha go on, even a fiver?

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha go on, even a fiver?

You don't need the money, you can just be joyous and gloat in your superior knowledge if you are proven correct. Haha!

But i am still very firmly of the belief he will not be with us come next Feb and a new contract wont be signed. 

Hopefully you know of something changing over the past few weeks from your family contacts, that I havnt heard about yet and you are proven right. ? 

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

You don't need the money, you can just be joyous and gloat in your superior knowledge if you are proven correct. Haha!

But i am still very firmly of the belief he will not be with us come next Feb and a new contract wont be signed. 

Hopefully you know of something changing over the past few weeks from your family contacts, that I havnt heard about yet and you are proven right. ? 

Haha deal

4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

For those who watch the youth games, was Barron a stand out before he went to Kelty?

Seems very odd that we we thought a loan to league 2 was what he needed when clearly he is capable of playing in the premiership. 

He had a bad injury. He wasn’t a stand out at Brechin.