Aussie Open Tennis

That's as disappointing a performance from Andy as I can recall for some time. He seemed mentally tired and was unable to rouse himself and grit his way through, even though he wasn't playing well. Very unlike him. 

I didn't think he'd have much issue at all today. Daniel isnt a top player but played the big points well. He was 5/10 on break points, while Andy was only 2/11. 

Aye dissapointing for Andy boy. I also thought he would come through that no problem.

Boy played out of his skin and when murray had any lack of technique on ground strokes in the past, he seemed to be able to make up with his court coverage.

He’s obviously lost a bit of that court coverage and ability to keep running balls down so losing points on defence that he wouldnt have previously. Must affect his confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Murray deserves an Australian Open win on his CV. 

Had the Aussies banned Djokovic from appearing as they did last year he might just have had a bit of a chance at doing so, even with his hip replacement. But only by winning matches in 3 sets...4 at an absolute maximum.

Remains to be seen how he'll recover after todays exertions

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Murray deserves an Australian Open win on his CV. 

Had the Aussies banned Djokovic from appearing as they did last year he might just have had a bit of a chance at doing so, even with his hip replacement. But only by winning matches in 3 sets...4 at an absolute maximum.

Remains to be seen how he'll recover after todays exertions

No bother doubting Thomas 😝