Holiday's 2022

For Fecks Sake

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

You can still enjoy blow jobs, beer and punk rock and keep Gods love close by. 

Not sure blow jobs are allowed as a Catholic if you shoot your beans down her throat. Sex is only meant for producing kids and that would be deemed unnatural. That's what CS says anyway.

8 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Its quite right to criticise the Church's previous failing in dealing with child abuse, (repeated in many institutions), but ultimately the quality of its teaching stands on its fundamental accuracy, not the actions of its clergy (good or bad) that would be a  silly thing to think.

The institution does not invent or dictate morality, but rather only highlights it / discovers it.  Morality exists in and of itself, (as does truth, for example), but most do not care to recognise it.

Edit - I forgot to say your first sentence doesnt make a lot of sense, but I get your general drift ?

No. Morality does not exist in and of itself. 

That's magical thinking. 

Morality comes with heightened empathy and consciousness, a better understanding of the real world around you, through studying what is real and experienced, not what crap is read in a fable. 

It's why we stopped stoning folk. It's why we're cool with gay folks' now. It's why the church (eventually) stopped raping kids and covering it up. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hopefully get to a fitba game or two, aye. Boca would be amazing. And one at the Maracana too. 

Sit in the main stand opposite Maradona’s stand is my advice for the Bombonera. You could go in behind the goal with the ultras but you’ll have to do aerobics for 90mins and fuck that. 

6 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Sit in the main stand opposite Maradona’s stand is my advice for the Bombonera. You could go in behind the goal with the ultras but you’ll have to do aerobics for 90mins and fuck that. 

Cheers man. 

How did you get tickets? I've read a few things that say it can be next to impossible. 

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cheers man. 

How did you get tickets? I've read a few things that say it can be next to impossible. 

Almost 20yr ago so cant really remember. Mind folk selling tickets outside the ground and in the bars before it, we mightve just paid at the turnstile tho which we did at the River Plate ground. Probably cant do that thesedays. 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:42 AM, CCB III said:

No. Morality does not exist in and of itself. 

That's magical thinking. 

Morality comes with heightened empathy and consciousness, a better understanding of the real world around you, through studying what is real and experienced, not what crap is read in a fable. 

It's why we stopped stoning folk. It's why we're cool with gay folks' now. It's why the church (eventually) stopped raping kids and covering it up. 

Sorry for late reply, busy week.

Im afraid morality does exist in and of itself.

Morality is objective, reason-based and universal.  It must be, so that it is free of personal bias, accessible to all and applicable to all.

Morality is not subjective, emotion based and personal - that is the description of an opinion, not a moral standard.