Holiday's 2022

For Fecks Sake

I wouldn't have went on 17 if they were like all these people who have never done one think.

You tend to get around 8-10 hours ashore. Waking up to different scenery with a different city or resort to explore.

Not sure how it works on smaller ships, everything is far more relaxed nowadays, I know that If your on a bigger ship they have anytime dinning in the main dinning rooms, you have tables to yourselves you don't sit with the same people, they tend to also have about 7 or 8 specialty restaurants. Then there's the buffet's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Z84a5x2eQ Sometimes you do see the same faces but then again you may never see the same person again, same as if you were in a massive hotel. Lot of people think a cruise is like something out of the Loveboat series from the 80s :laughing: It's nae. (nae shagging for one thing, well not in my cabin ?)

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

What's the appeal of a cruise? 

Sail around loads of places you only get to spend about 6 hours in, then get back to the ship to go to the same restaurants and bars every night, surrounded by the same folk. 

I don't get it. 

You missed oot all the middle class quines and divorced ones,looking to get fucked every night.

Throw the cabin keys in the basket.?

14 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Very ignorant posting Parkie.

I'm sure it is. I asked you to tell me what was good about them, to perhaps become less ignorant, you said it was too hard. 

The only folk I know who go on cruises are over 60's and it sounds shite to me. 

We all like different things though, DD. That's part of the beauty of the world. You may well think the holidays I go on sound shite.  

38 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

^ Ever seen Bobby Davro, Cannon and Ball or The Chuckle Brothers on a cruise, wiggy min? 

:laughing: Funny enough way back years ago I think Bobby Davro (or was it Les Dennis :itch-chin:) was on one of the ships I was on, I gave it a miss.

The entertainment can be iffy on some cruise lines, I have went to see a few musicals though,  Grease was enjoyable the west end show of We Will Rock You (featuring curly Watts :laughing:) I tend to go to live music venues for tribute bands or go to the pub for the guitarist. They do some amazing high diving/Aqua shows too and ice skating stuff can be amazing, wife loves that, but once you have seen one woman getting spun around by her ankles over and over nearly battering her head of the ice you have seen them all.

Quite close to where we live we get some ships docking for a day or so to let the tourists off so they can see the sites for a few days. We often walk past the boats in the evening when walking the dog and the wife has often mentioned she'd like to go for a cruise. 

I was always slightly put off at the thought of restrictions, like not being able to go where you want, when you want and having limited things to do. But when I think about it we did exactly that when we went to all inclusive places in the Maldives and Zanzibar. 

Might have a look into this cruise malarky and maybe book a small one as a test run to see what it's like. 

28 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Quite close to where we live we get some ships docking for a day or so to let the tourists off so they can see the sites for a few days. We often walk past the boats in the evening when walking the dog and the wife has often mentioned she'd like to go for a cruise. 

I was always slightly put off at the thought of restrictions, like not being able to go where you want, when you want and having limited things to do. But when I think about it we did exactly that when we went to all inclusive places in the Maldives and Zanzibar. 

Might have a look into this cruise malarky and maybe book a small one as a test run to see what it's like. 

A short taster cruise is a good way to get a feel if you like it, it's not for everyone!  All I know is anyone I know that's went on one goes another,  The 3 or 4 night cruises are mostly in US  but some in Europe If I remember mostly at the beginning and end of season, or if a new ship is launched early.

We started with a short one when we were in Florida for the parks with the kids and added a 3 nighter (basically a booze cruise) on to the end of our holiday.

Just be careful who you book with, I've heard good things about Marella , they are older smaller ships but not heard a bad thing about them. Princess were okay been twice not a patch on RC , Royal Caribbean Is our thing, huge ships, loads to do. Heard P&O were a bit shit but not tried ourselves. Avoid the Italian ships, Costa MSC. Norwegian seem not bad but lots of extras you pay for I have heard.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm sure it is. I asked you to tell me what was good about them, to perhaps become less ignorant, you said it was too hard. 

The only folk I know who go on cruises are over 60's and it sounds shite to me. 

We all like different things though, DD. That's part of the beauty of the world. You may well think the holidays I go on sound shite.  

What sort of holidays do you go on then?

2 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

A short taster cruise is a good way to get a feel if you like it, it's not for everyone!  All I know is anyone I know that's went on one goes another,  The 3 or 4 night cruises are mostly in US  but some in Europe If I remember mostly at the beginning and end of season, or if a new ship is launched early.

We started with a short one when we were in Florida for the parks with the kids and added a 3 nighter (basically a booze cruise) on to the end of our holiday.

Just be careful who you book with, I've heard good things about Marella , they are older smaller ships but not heard a bad thing about them. Princess were okay been twice not a patch on RC , Royal Caribbean Is our thing, huge ships, loads to do. Heard P&O were a bit shit but not tried ourselves. Avoid the Italian ships, Costa MSC. Norwegian seem not bad but lots of extras you pay for I have heard.

Guy at work was telling me about the river cruise they did this year. Took in a variety of cities and I thought it sounded good to be fair. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Going a trip to Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Rio this year. 

Spent a day in Buenos Aires before, in transit, had 12 hours or so so just wandered up and down the main street, taking in the sights, eating and drinking - there were street entertainers doing tango's at every major junction.

Some decent shops as well, a bit like what Union St used to be like ? 

Down at the main bus terminal it was a tad edgier, as are all areas round bus stations I suppose

Enjoy your trip

20 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

gotta be honest

parko and culture in the same same post is not something I would usually put together 

You struggle to put much together though, Blutz. 

5 minutes ago, sigh said:

Spent a day in Buenos Aires before, in transit, had 12 hours or so so just wandered up and down the main street, taking in the sights, eating and drinking - there were street entertainers doing tango's at every major junction.

Some decent shops as well, a bit like what Union St used to be like ? 

Down at the main bus terminal it was a tad edgier, as are all areas round bus stations I suppose

Enjoy your trip

Cheers man. Can't wait for it. 

9 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Magic.

Never been keen on a cruise but kids all excited already about it and it's over a year away. 

They do European cruises too but thought the yank one with visit to the Disney Island was a better shout.

Aye, similar thoughts here. Look forward to hearing your reviews.

32 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

As good as that sounds. I'm sure when you naturally procreate a Disney trip will inevitably be on the cards within 7/8 years.

Life min.

Life can be what you choose to make it. 

I'll leave the Disney and looking after annoying screeching cunt kids to others.

No pussy is good enough to make me want to put up with that shit. 

If I had kids I'd let them pick their own genders, take them to Paris probs, and they could live a life away from the gammon monsters that roam this land of shit. 

They'd be banned from watching kids TV. I'd get them on the real life docs early. No dreaming. 

Holidays in places of cultural interest only, no amusement parks and shit. Sounds awful. 

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If I had kids I'd let them pick their own genders, take them to Paris probs, and they could live a life away from the gammon monsters that roam this land of shit. 

They'd be banned from watching kids TV. I'd get them on the real life docs early. No dreaming. 

Holidays in places of cultural interest only, no amusement parks and shit. Sounds awful. 

Ach keep that nonsense out of other threads min. I’m sure it was said in jest but it pollutes the place. ?