Holiday's 2022

For Fecks Sake

10 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

I wouldn’t worry about the Qatar budget. No fucking chance are Scotland qualifying. 

Will be sods law that we will qualify for the worst world Cup in our lifetimes. 

Shite location, shite time of year.

Been offered free digs for it though so every cloud  

14 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Watching a bit of bargain loving brits in the sun this morning

Benidorm looks a right laugh 

Breakfast with a pint for 3 euro. Terrific.

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

One of the best programmes on TV  

Benidorm is class like.

Have to agree about Benidorm, never thought I would like it but its a great place if you are the wrong side of 30 and want to party like a weekend millionaire !!!

Hopefully back there September this year with all my pals for some golf and carnage at night !!

2 minutes ago, GlezgaRed said:

Have to agree about Benidorm, never thought I would like it but its a great place if you are the wrong side of 30 and want to party like a weekend millionaire !!!

Hopefully back there September this year with all my pals for some golf and carnage at night !!

As long as you don't take it too seriously. It's a place to go with your mates and have a laugh. Nae classy and I wouldn't take the family. But an absolutely fantastic stagger/lads break location. 

22 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Watching a bit of bargain loving brits in the sun this morning

Benidorm looks a right laugh 

Breakfast with a pint for 3 euro. Terrific.

I had a week's piss up in Benidorm once it was fucking superb. We basically just stayed on this crossroads with pubs on the 4 corners playing pool and getting pished. Loads of cunts selling charlie and pills as well.

I wouldn't go with family likes and I think a week would kill me nowadays but 4 days with the boys and it spot on.

Some proper characters knocking about Benidorm.

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

As long as you don't take it too seriously. It's a place to go with your mates and have a laugh. Nae classy and I wouldn't take the family. But an absolutely fantastic stagger/lads break location. 

There was a couple of boys in our group that were a pain in the cunt with the "Blackpool in the sun" chat but they soon got over themselves

5 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Some nice all inclusive hotels up in the hills above Benidorm beside the theme parks. Pretty decent and close enough to Benidorm for the odd night out without the kids.

Aye alright Gerry calm doon ?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Hi NEM, not like you to try and provoke a pointless argument with me. ?

Not at all. Makes no difference to me if it’s only white slave traders from 300 years ago who prick your moral compass ?

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Gonna try get to NYC come October. 

Would also quite like to go to Primavera in Barcelona. 

Probably a few days in LDN at some point 

NYC is great. We did it 8 years ago for hogmanay. Weather was insane but the overall trip was brilliant. Wanting to go back in spring/early summer to experience it when it's warm and sunny. 

3 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

NYC is great. We did it 8 years ago for hogmanay. Weather was insane but the overall trip was brilliant. Wanting to go back in spring/early summer to experience it when it's warm and sunny. 

I was fortunate to go as a child, but didn't fully appreciate it with all the walking etc. Would be in my element now. 

I only say October so it gives me ample time to plan and save. 

Where did yous stay? Manhattan?

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I was fortunate to go as a child, but didn't fully appreciate it with all the walking etc. Would be in my element now. 

Yeah manhattan. Marriott East Side on Lexington Avenue - notice it closed permanently last year due to the impacts of covid. Was a good location, could walk almost everywhere. Couple of exceptions (ground zero, docks for the Hudson River cruise) but in the whole that area round lexington is close enough to all the main tourist attractions. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Yeah manhattan. Marriott East Side on Lexington Avenue - notice it closed permanently last year due to the impacts of covid. Was a good location, could walk almost everywhere. Couple of exceptions (ground zero, docks for the Hudson River cruise) but in the whole that area round lexington is close enough to all the main tourist attractions. 

I'm gonna peruse air b n b

5 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I prefer Greenwich/Washington Sq/Lower East Side area. A lot of good bars and restaurants down there and not as touristy as Times Square. Manhattans simple to get around though so if you stay anywhere between Battery and Central Park you can get around on foot, taxi or subway pretty easy. 

40 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I prefer Greenwich/Washington Sq/Lower East Side area. A lot of good bars and restaurants down there and not as touristy as Times Square. Manhattans simple to get around though so if you stay anywhere between Battery and Central Park you can get around on foot, taxi or subway pretty easy. 

Yeah, torn between being in tourist city which isn't really my bag, and staying somewhere like Greenwich. 

My missus has never been so I dunno if she'd want the Times Square thing etc. 

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Stay in Brooklyn. Bloody ace.

Yeah, I did consider this. 

Lots to assess. Watched my fair share of shit on the ol' YouTube as well.