Dante Polvara

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Wow wasn’t that good for you to deserve an up arrow it was just a sensible post for a change. 

Anyway up the Dante we’re going to win the cup 

How about another bit of sensible posting…

I am disappointed at the level of negativity regarding the signing of the lad. Not just on here (only a few) but on Twitter also. I am willing to give the lad a chance as I knew absolutely nothing about the guy before he signed for us. He is our player now so let’s give the unknown a chance before a ball is kicked. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yes. Top red and season ticket holder since 1998 

My prediction is if we keep signing Atlanta rejects and American collage kids to replace the likes of Hedges and Ferguson we will slip further down the league.

Presume he was not good enough for Atlanta or they did not want to take chance and we are their Guinea pigs hence the small time contract.

7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

My prediction is if we keep signing Atlanta rejects and American collage kids to replace the likes of Hedges and Ferguson we will slip further down the league.

Presume he was not good enough for Atlanta or they did not want to take chance and we are their Guinea pigs hence the small time contract.

2.5 years = small time contract.

Eh?!?!?!

U.S. university level ‘soccer’ is very far from professional level football. I’m sure he could be an excellent signing… but make no mistake this is a massive massive jump in standard, way of life, etc, for him. It’s hard to put into words just how big of a jump it is from university football to professional. The vast majority of top university players in the US don’t even sniff MLS. Not that SPFL is any better or worse than MLS..but it’s an entirely different animal. 
Just the fact he’s never been a full time footballer scares me a bit.

6 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

U.S. university level ‘soccer’ is very far from professional level football. I’m sure he could be an excellent signing… but make no mistake this is a massive massive jump in standard, way of life, etc, for him. It’s hard to put into words just how big of a jump it is from university football to professional. The vast majority of top university players in the US don’t even sniff MLS. Not that SPFL is any better or worse than MLS..but it’s an entirely different animal. 
Just the fact he’s never been a full time footballer scares me a bit.

Get in some young players who stand out at the level they are at, and some will make it, some won't. Perfectly reasonable signing. As long as we're not breaking the bank with him, it's fine. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, YorkDon said:

As with all new signings, I approach them with a glass half full attitude.
Hopefully he’s a hit…

So do I until Glass chipped in.

I really hope the best for this guy but I am still waiting for Gurr to ‘surprise Scottish football’ in a positive way lol.

Benefit of doubt though for Glass I Guess. 
Of the two he’s brought from states so far he’s got a 50/50 hit rate.

I wish the boy the best of luck, He looks to have good technique and athleticism about him. 
There were a few teams after him so as much as he’s an unknown to us he was sought after.

This season we’ve tried taking players from the Premier League and they’ve not managed to cut it. So I don’t think the level he’s been playing at has anything to do with how good he is.

He’s worth a chance at least.

Welcome aboard loon?

14 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I wish the boy the best of luck, He looks to have good technique and athleticism about him. 
There were a few teams after him so as much as he’s an unknown to us he was sought after.

This season we’ve tried taking players from the Premier League and they’ve not managed to cut it. So I don’t think the level he’s been playing at has anything to do with how good he is.

He’s worth a chance at least.

Welcome aboard loon?

correct , we are trying something different , might be shite , might turn out a star , here's hoping it's the latter 

2 hours ago, caledonia said:

I don't think this guy is being signed to replace Hedges or Ferguson straight away. I expect others will come in to do that if they leave. This guy is coming in with potential and as a player do develop in the next season or two. Similar to Jenks and Samuels the guy has never played a professional game before, so it's only once he arrives and gets training and has the opportunity that we'll see how good he is. He can't be any worse than those two. I'm absolutely convinced you could pick someone out of the Aberdeen junior leagues who would be more effective than Samuels.

The fact he wanted to finish his college shit is basically what kept him out of MLS. Otherwise he potentially would have been in MLS sooner.

Not sure if they have same rules as other US sports in that they have to do college before they can go pro.

I have nothing against his choices & it in no way makes me think he wasn’t in MLS because of lack of abilities.

I do think that Scottish football will be a major shock to his system & what he has gotten used to & I think it will be after summer before we can expect him to be full adapted to it & asses him fairly. 

He does look a fk load better than the likes of Gallagher/Gurr though & it is a boost having the Mr Happy Ramirez to hold his hand through his introduction to SPFL

Totally agree about adjusting, this guy won’t be coming in to play straight away no chance.

Needs to get used to full time football and the demands of full time football. 

Watched the clip of him and he looks like he plays in a similar manner to Rogic. Just not sure he will look that good against proper teams and especially teams that don’t like to play pretty football. 

1 minute ago, mutant said:

Totally agree about adjusting, this guy won’t be coming in to play straight away no chance.

Needs to get used to full time football and the demands of full time football. 

Watched the clip of him and he looks like he plays in a similar manner to Rogic. Just not sure he will look that good against proper teams and especially teams that don’t like to play pretty football. 

If Ferguson, Campbell and Jenks are away this window as rumoured and with Longstaff already gone he'll get chances I think. 

We'll have Brown, an injury prone McGeouch and young Barron as his competition.  Ojo will be playing right wing or right back depending on which of Hedges and Ramsay are away first!