Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Dante Polvara

12 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

He does look like he can pick a pass and shouldn't struggle with the physical side of the SPL, but looks like his ball control could use some work. He wouldn't have got past the first few strides of some of those runs on his highlight reel in a professional league.

Just wait until he comes up against the hatchet thugs who play in the Scottish premier league.   Instead of the college league in the states. 

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm not the one whi brings them up at every opportunity!

I never brought them up, I brought up a player who just signed for them but like normal you got defensive about one of there players. 

It’s who not whi, just thought I’d let you know 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he's brilliant. 

Blows our itk posters out of the water with this one. 

https://youtu.be/0ftJ2YG2Vwc

Does the lad, Cody, who does these videos post on here? I know from some of his videos that he obviously checks the message boards as he does refer to them occasionally. 

I've watched a few of his videos - fair play to the young lad for setting up an Aberdeen youtube channel and having the bottle to produce his own videos.

• Upvote 1

Hard to tell from the highlights reel, as it will obviously be a compilation of his best moments, but the main takeaway is that he seems to have really good vision and the ability to quickly execute a pass/long ball from the middle of the park to take advantage of it.  One touch then plays the ball. 

None of this 5 touches before looking to see whats on, and realising that nothing is on because you've taken too long to think about playing the ball and the other team has now got into position - which is what we're used to. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hard to tell from the highlights reel, as it will obviously be a compilation of his best moments, but the main takeaway is that he seems to have really good vision and the ability to quickly execute a pass/long ball from the middle of the park to take advantage of it.  One touch then plays the ball. 

None of this 5 touches before looking to see whats on, and realising that nothing is on because you've taken too long to think about playing the ball and the other team has now got into position - which is what we're used to. 

Aye things like that doesn’t really matter what level he’s playing at - ability to spot and play a pass etc. This boys going to be decent 

17 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yep.  Sounds fairly basic but he plays with his head up.  Can see whats going on around  him and makes quick decisions.  Appears to be very comfortable playing with both feet as well which is a rare trait these days.  Really looking forward to seeing this lad play.  Anyone know if he is here at the moment or will it take a few weeks to get visa sorted ?  

We will still need to get rid of midfield players. Far too many and if Cormack is being truthful about Jenks then it’s strange how he didn’t mention Campbell. Something will need to give as we need players to move on to bring others in. If Ferguson/Hedges or Ramsay don’t get sold then we are up against it. 

• Upvote 1