Dante Polvara

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You said I'm sticking up for "rangers" again

Where am I doing that?

It’s “the rangers”.
Every the rangers player that’s brought up here you stick up for because they play for your favourite team. 

Even tried to deflect it by trying to call me a the rangers fan as I should call them us not them when I said I’d read the player we signed was better than the one they signed. You got defensive about that 

• Upvote 5

Here is my thoughts on this signing (for what it’s worth ?

It is strange that he has chosen to avoid the ‘draft’ & sign straight for us. Especially as I am assuming (with his ratings/cred) he would have been a No.1 pick or in top picks at least.  So maybe (speculation here) Atlanta don’t have one of the top draft picks this year (if it works same as other US sports?) so have convinced him to go in to their side via the ‘side door’ via a wee spell with us & they then ‘buy’ him officially from us later ?

just wild speculation but it could have merit. Stranger/more corrupt things have certainly happened 

18 minutes ago, thurso said:

It’s “the rangers”.
Every the rangers player that’s brought up here you stick up for because they play for your favourite team. 

Even tried to deflect it by trying to call me a the rangers fan as I should call them us not them when I said I’d read the player we signed was better than the one they signed. You got defensive about that 

In a thread about an exciting signing we made, you brought them up; that's where this started

I dont think you're very well

8 hours ago, minijc said:

Good interview with that yank, I'm excited, Dante is going to be a STUD!

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Give it a rest min. 

Even if you are itk it's next to useless as everything you 'reveal' is after the event. 

Yeah but he bumped the January transfer thread back in October min. This guy is way ahead of the game min ?

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Wheres this interview with him people have mentioned?

The reel is still at mini’s house at the moment (last I heard) just a couple more ITK legends to get it after him then it will be released publicly to the rest of the plebs ?

24 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It is strange that he has chosen to avoid the ‘draft’ & sign straight for us. Especially as I am assuming (with his ratings/cred) he would have been a No.1 pick or in top picks at least.  So maybe (speculation here) Atlanta don’t have one of the top draft picks this year (if it works same as other US sports?) so have convinced him to go in to their side via the ‘side door’ via a wee spell with us & they then ‘buy’ him officially from us later ?

just wild speculation but it could have merit. Stranger/more corrupt things have certainly happened 

NYCFC have his MLS rights so unless they done a deal with Atlanta for the rights he can't just rock up there.

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

NYCFC have his MLS rights so unless they done a deal with Atlanta for the rights he can't just rock up there.

Just my wild theory. So NYCFC will basically have first refusal when/if we are to sell him? All sorts of dodgey dealings in US sport

Just had a wee google & Atlanta are only #19 in the super draft pick rota ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/platform/amp/atlanta-united-fc/2022/1/6/22868590/4-players-atlanta-united-could-target-in-the-mls-superdraft

interesting they are pretty desperate for a keeper ? maybe Joe Lewis could take one of their ‘foreigner’ slots ?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2022/draft-tracker

52 minutes ago, minijc said:

If he has given up his rights to go into draft system do NYCFC then lose the rights to him also though? He has chosen to ‘leave’ the system after all. They do have a weird system over here.

Also a fair chance (if NCYFC do retain the rights) that they have worked out a deal with him &/or Atlanta to sneak him around things. I think this looks like one of them wants him to go out for European football to improve him.

Did NYCFC put him through college or what? As not sure it is actually legal for them to actually have ANY ‘rights’ over him as if they go into the draft system then no club really can have rights to him until they take him via the drafts pick order.

If we can start bringing in top College prospects from the US then Cormack, at least, is trying something different that could be very beneficial for the club. 

I remember our last chairman saying he was going after  "the cream of African youth"... which I took to mean we were going to be signing footballers from the Dark Continent. The lack of young African players arriving at Pittodrie, in retrospect, makes me think he meant something else when he said he was going after the cream of African youth. Mind you, our last chairman said a lot of things that never transpired, so there's that. 

Regardless, while Cormack might be a slick motherfucker behind a practised smile, he's also trying something new by actually utilising contacts in the States.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If we can start bringing in top College prospects from the US then Cormack, at least, is trying something different that could be very beneficial for the club. 

I remember our last chairman saying he was going after  "the cream of African youth"... which I took to mean we were going to be signing footballers from the Dark Continent. The lack of young African players arriving at Pittodrie, in retrospect, makes me think he meant something else when he said he was going after the cream of African youth. Mind you, our last chairman said a lot of things that never transpired, so there's that. 

Regardless, while Cormack might be a slick motherfucker behind a practised smile, he's also trying something new by actually utilising contacts in the States.

Sexual preference of our previous chairman is none of your business.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If he has given up his rights to go into draft system do NYCFC then lose the rights to him also though? He has chosen to ‘leave’ the system after all. They do have a weird system over here.

Also a fair chance (if NCYFC do retain the rights) that they have worked out a deal with him &/or Atlanta to sneak him around things. I think this looks like one of them wants him to go out for European football to improve him.

Did NYCFC put him through college or what? As not sure it is actually legal for them to actually have ANY ‘rights’ over him as if they go into the draft system then no club really can have rights to him until they take him via the drafts pick order.

No. NYC retain first refusal if he is ever sold back to MLS. 

7 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

No. NYC retain first refusal if he is ever sold back to MLS. 

This lad is going to the top. The MLS will not be entering his thoughts as the biggest guns start scrambling for his signature after offering us the biggest fee ever in Scottish football history. He reminds me of a young Zinedine Zidane.

• Haha 2
On 1/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Nycfc retains his rights

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How do these rights actually work? 

Can they choose to match any fee we get from somewhere else in the MLS if we decide to sell him back to that market? 

Can they buy him from us at a certain fee? 

Do they get a sell on if we sell to a non MLS team? 

Its silly how we do things here. No real impact. They can buy him for what cormack values him if he wants to sell him. He obviously wants to play in europe. 

If cormack sells him to an epl they get nada

On 1/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

If he goes back to MLS, whoever signs him will have to pay NYCFC a fee (probably very small).. something by like a finders fee or discovery fee. If he signs with NYCFC then obviously it doesn’t matter. Anything outside of MLS then the whole rights thing doesn’t apply. It’s only for MLS.  They do this with their academy players to give incentives for good development and academy programs. 

NYCFC did not put him through college. The NCAA is the governing body of university football and is entirely separate to the academy system. To play in college you have to be an amateur. It’s illegal for any pro club to pay a player during college. 

12 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

If he goes back to MLS, whoever signs him will have to pay NYCFC a fee (probably very small).. something by like a finders fee or discovery fee. If he signs with NYCFC then obviously it doesn’t matter. Anything outside of MLS then the whole rights thing doesn’t apply. It’s only for MLS.  They do this with their academy players to give incentives for good development and academy programs. 

NYCFC did not put him through college. The NCAA is the governing body of university football and is entirely separate to the academy system. To play in college you have to be an amateur. It’s illegal for any pro club to pay a player during college. 

The amateur status and income thing is changing a bit. It has been a corrupt system for a long time. But nobody gives a crap about soccer. Main issues being American football and basketball. But regardless polvara is an Aberdeen man now. NYCFC are out of the picture.