Dante Polvara

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

FFS 

Not sure we’d have seen that much of him this season anyway but that nails it.

Maybe he’ll get a few games in the bottom 6 kickabouts in April & May 

Aye we're not seeing him this season. By the time he gets back into training and gets up to speed and adapts to professional football... no chance. Next season I reckon. Definitely need to bring in another couple of attacking players in this window as we absolutely can't be depending on the likes of McLennan, Kennedy, Jenks, JET and Ojo as our main attacking players supporting Ramirez.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Aye we're not seeing him this season. By the time he gets back into training and gets up to speed and adapts to professional football... no chance. Next season I reckon. Definitely need to bring in another couple of attacking players in this window as we absolutely can't be depending on the likes of McLennan, Kennedy, Jenks, JET and Ojo as our main attacking players supporting Ramirez.

Quite a depressing thought.  Every single one of those needs shipping out pronto!

1 hour ago, 1903Fitba said:

Double hernia. Surely to fuck that’s a wind up ????

We’ll be signing folk from the terminal cancer ward next. 

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

• Haha 1
Just now, Ten Caat said:

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

What wages is the young fella on and does he get full wages during this injury period?

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What's the chances the Dutch lad will get crippled by Murray Davidson or some other hatchet man in his first game tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You think he got the double hernia with only one week of training? Clearly you know more than me on the medical side of things. But is it not more likely he had the hernia issue before he came and we knew this. Glass said last week he had a slight injury and I think the guy only arrived last Monday. 

17 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

You think he got the double hernia with only one week of training? Clearly you know more than me on the medical side of things. But is it not more likely he had the hernia issue before he came and we knew this. Glass said last week he had a slight injury and I think the guy only arrived last Monday. 

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

It's not a good look when a young lad comes here and does a week's training at the club and ends up in hospital for a double hernia operation.